Explore the vast Starbound universe in your Normandy SR-1. Fight enemies with
weapons from the Mass Effect universe. Play as one of the Mass Effect alien
races. Wield awesome Biotic Powers.
(green: Up to Date ~ red: Outdated)
Current version : v0.3.1
- Ship upgrades (starting from a damaged state) were introduced. The Normandy now starts off as if you found it derelict, and as you upgrade it, you gain more access to the ship.
- Eezo is no longer an ore. The new Atomic Decomposer will turn bars of metal into refined eezo, for use in crafting Mass Effect gear.
- The SMEE equipment station now only crafts SMEE items.
- Guns have been revamped to match the new tiers.
- Armors have been revamped to match the new tiers.
- Palladium and Iridium ores/materials have been removed as well.
All downloads here are upward compatible with the latest SMEE core version.
So no need to download them as long as you have the latest package installed.
- SMEEmusic 0.3.1 Contains the planet/biome music
- SMEEoptional 0.3.0 get the Normandy for SB vanilla races.
- Play as an Asari or Turian
- Wear armors found in Mass Effect
- Pilot the Normandy SR-1 as you explore the universe
- Wield powerful Biotic Powers such as Lift and Slow
- Shoot stuff up with Mass Effect guns
- Enjoy the sultry sounds and music from the Mass Effect series
- Refined Element-0 (Eezo)
v0.2.2 coverage by Accionoctem :
!WARNING! When upgrading to v0.3.1
While Eezo is no longer an ore (no need for separate/incompatible universe files), the new version takes advantage of Upbeat Giraffes many, many changes. You will be forced to start a new character with this version.
Upcoming features for v0.4.0 :
- Even more Guns (SMGs and Shotguns)
- New Species
Installation instructions :
Simply copy the entire mod directory into your "Starbound/mods" directory,
commonly at "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods".
If you wish to use one of the original Starbound races with SMEE and have access
to the Normandy, it is recommended that you download and use one or more of the
SMEE versions in the optional race package. You will need to install SMEE first
and then place a mod from the optional package alongside SMEE into your
Support for using the Normandy with vanilla and other custom races will be worked on for a future release. 0.3.1 focuses on returning Mass Effect to Starbound's current state.
Just remove our old smee folder and copy the new one into mods.
And don't forget to update the option race package, too if you used it before.
You only need to install ONE of the custom races mods from above.
- A custom race mod:
And don't forget to endorse them Since without it, you can't play the ME races.
- Pretty much everything.
If you use a mod with the same tile/material ids there will be a conflict.
SMEE tile/material id list:
- 7001 -- Normandy ship wall
- 7002 -- Normandy ship detail
Confirmed conflicting mods:
- None at the moment
Team SMEE consists of :
- G4M5T3R - Mad Scientist (races, armors, guns)
- Pfhoenix - Biotic God (biotic and tech powers, guns)
- TohKlidan - Expert Tinkerer (ships and crafting)
- Kinsem - Insane Pixelist (art awesomeness)
- Chucklefish for making Starbound.
- Bioware for making the Mass Effect series.
- nathiesk, from the playstarbound forums, for her initial work on the Mass Effect guns.
- derektye05 and shadee, from deviantart, for source Title Race face Sprites.
If you have any troubles with getting this mod running:
Please look into the FAQ (right below here) or drop us some lines in our discussion thread.
There will be more races in the future. But we will reveal them when they are ready
Yes it works definitely in multiplayer, if the mod is installed on your server.
The only solution we have till now, is wipe all your custom species player files.
If it still crashes you need to wipe all your player files.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Stardew Valley is now available on Mac and Linux via Steam!Dismiss Notice
Outdated Starbound : Mass Effect Edition v0.3.1a
Mass Effect in Starbound