1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound DETAILED Modding e-book(Unofficial) SB v1.3.2; E-book v0.7.7

Small introduction to Modding, Basic Lua and Documentation of almost everything.

1. Update to version 0.7.7

Hellession
    I am quite disappointed with this update. I planned to bring more and bring full information about behavior and mechs, due to review requests, but I started hitting problems of disinterest early into the work of this update and then I had a major private problem occur to me recently, which seriously raised the value of my mod, I'm working on, rather than this e-book, meaning I'll sadly have to leave it alone until I fully finish my mod. After my mod gets finished, the e-book will be finished...
    DrPvtSkittles likes this.
  2. Minor update to v0.7_06

Hellession
    So I am barely ready to update my own different mod and have been using this e-book a lot myself.
    The constant breaks and mistakes in formatting pissed me off, so I fixed them in this new update.
    I also implemented a new contribution by shadow_absorber.
  3. Minor Update to v0.7_05

Hellession
    • Fixed many mistakes and errors.
    • .projectile documentation was missing tons of things. Added missing stuff.
    • Documentation for Weapon Ability lua hooks is now better
    • Hope I didn't break anything while fixing stuff
    • Added information to keys I didn't know before
    DrPvtSkittles likes this.
  4. Huge update to v0.7_01

Hellession
    It has been a while. I've made an update for my mod Elemental Correstialism and am now updating this and starting a special cycle.
    I will go back and forth from Elemental Correstialism and back, because right now, I've documented everything I know, but I don't know EVERYTHING. I never really made my own bosses, behaviors, monsters, NPCs, mech parts... that isn't really explained yet. I will be working on a major update for Elemental Correstialism, will learn something new, come back after an...
    DrPvtSkittles and G.Xyon like this.
  5. Update to v0.4 + update frequency decline

Hellession
    This is the last update, when in production I was working ONLY on the book in my free time. I am not impatiently going to continue working on my upcoming mega mod, which will be coming out soon on the forums(althoug already exists in the Steam Workshop) - Elemental Correstialism. This basically means that I will be posting updates to this book rarer, if they weren't often enough. I am at least halfway done through...
  6. Update v0.3.6 and for the new Starbound v1.3!

Hellession
    To compensate for the new update of Starbound itself, the following changes were made:
    • Updated celestial.config documentation
    • New documentation for 2 new .config files added to the base folder of Starbound. I also added the documentation for rails.config, which while I was checking the configs, turned out to be missing and forgotten by me.
    • Updated versioning.config documentation to be more correct.
    Minor changes to v0.3.6
    • I fixed lots of mistakes I found...
  7. v0.3.5 update

Hellession
    Changelog:
    • Added documentation to finish all item subclasses: for .unlock, .tilingtool,.harvestingtool, .miningtool, .beamaxe, .inspectiontool, .wiretool, .painttool files
    • Finished documenting .weaponability files, while adding some information on which values weapons commonly have
    • Added documentation for Particle Emitter objects
    • Mistake fixes
  8. v0.3.3 update

Hellession
    Changelog:
    • Added .thrownitem documentation
    • Added armor items documentation, suchs as .chest, .head, .legs and .back
    • Added .augment documentation
    • Made a start to .weaponability, will end it soon
    • Added .liquid documentation
    • Added .liqitem documentation
  9. The book file name was changed and the link with it.

Hellession
    (read title)