1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound DETAILED Modding e-book(Unofficial) SB v1.3.2; E-book v0.7.7

Small introduction to Modding, Basic Lua and Documentation of almost everything.

1. Cryptoid
    Cryptoid
    5/5,
    Version: SB v1.3.2; E-book v0.7.7
    Good tutorial.
  2. KuzyXD
    KuzyXD
    5/5,
    Many thanks for this.
  3. zekrom_vale
    zekrom_vale
    1/5,
    I can not open this PDF, Adobe Reader Touch says this is not a valid PDF and google chrome "Failed to load PDF document."

Windows 10 home 64-bit
  4. PistolRcks
    PistolRcks
    5/5,
    Great tutorial! My only gripe with this is that I still have no clue on how to make animation files. Could you add in custom examples, or show the location of the Starbound examples you already give?
    1. Hellession
      Author's Response
      I used a single file for giving examples, which was in /objects/crafting/upgradeablecraftingobjects/craftinganvil/craftinganvil.animation . I think I'll try making a Youtube tutorial on this sooner!
  5. shadow_absorber
    shadow_absorber
    5/5,
    Version: SB v1.3.1; E-book v0.7_06
    an awesome tool for the people that want to create their own mods. i am glad to have been able to help its creation.
  6. ChronoHyperion
    ChronoHyperion
    5/5,
    Version: SB v1.3.1; E-book v0.7_05
    Great Tutorial, good for those who wants quantity details in a tutorial modding. By the way, where's the behavior coding page?
    1. Hellession
      Author's Response
      'Behavior coding page'? There is one? Once I was researching about this confusing file I only found out that there is a program by Healthire to edit these things, tried looking at it. It's still quite confusing itself, though.
      I will be making monsters for my own mod later, so I'll go into trial and error with these files to see what they do. If I get anything out of it, I'll make sure to make a tutorial or write about it in the book.
      (Actually, it is more likely to happen sooner than later)
      Also, thank you for your review!
  7. jje64
    jje64
    5/5,
    Version: SB v1.3.1; E-book v0.7_01
    This is a great primer for getting started. I'm hoping you'll get into vehicles and how to make those next... I have some ideas for vehicles I'd like to make but have no idea where to even begin outside of making sprites.
    1. Hellession
      Author's Response
      Thank you for the feedback! I'll be getting into vehicles very soon and the documentation will be out very soon.
  8. LoPhatKao
    LoPhatKao
    5/5,
    Version: SB v1.3; E-book v0.3.6
    Cool. A must read for beginners and experts alike.
  9. Diegox64
    Diegox64
    5/5,
    Version: SB v1.2.3; E-book v0.3.5
    thanks m8 I love u
  10. amirmiked12
    amirmiked12
    5/5,
    Version: SB v1.2.3; E-book v0.3.3
    Nice will u cover all things in future?. Till here everything was awesome and in details.
    1. Hellession
      Author's Response
      Thank you! By v1.0, this book should contain information about all file types in Starbound assets and all information about Lua hooks, I will try my best to explain everything. It is in active development and I hope to finish it by July.