1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Squids in Space: A Splatoon Mod V3.1 ~ Hotfixes ii

A species mod based off of Nintendo's Splatoon.

1. Marinebeast
    This mod requires a Race Extender in order to use it!
    (You can also find this mod on the Steam Workshop as well if you would rather download it over there!
    Updates are released simultaneously both here and there.)

[​IMG]
    An intelligent and colorful species, Inklings are upright squid-people from a flooded, distant planet. They adore art in all its forms, competition, exploration and the enjoyment of life, and get along quite swimmingly with many other races! And it just so happens that they're pretty good at charting the stars, too..

This mod adds Inklings as a playable species, as well as tons of custom and remixed content to go with them! See "Features" below for a more indepth breakdown of what this mod contains...

Install as usual: download the .rar and unzip its contents to your Starbound/mods folder.
    If you are updating your version of the mod, delete the whole previous "inkling" folder before installing the new one.

- A custom cephalopod species with their own unique pet, full custom dialogue and object descriptions, and all that jazz.
    - Tons of custom colors and hairstyles to pick from.
    - Entirely too many weapons, tiered and otherwise.
    - Fully-tiered armor sets, with some tiers having multiple distinct armor sets.
    - An assortment of custom clothing made just for Inklings.
    - Lots and lots of custom objects based off of the world of Splatoon and Inkling culture.
    - Tons of crafting, with custom food, buffs, codices and more.
    - A variety of lively tenants and NPCs.
    - Assorted vendor stalls, including one that offers rare and valuable items for a special type of currency.
    - Microdungeons featuring Inkling (and Sanitized) NPCs and content!
    - An ongoing spicing-up of Ocean planets, the closest thing to home an Inkling could ever have.

[​IMG]

- Weapon sprite overhauls.
    - More microdungeons!

[​IMG]

- Vanilla races may experience slight clipping if they try to wear Inkling chest items. Head and leg clothing should be fine.
    - Similarly, Inklings may look funny with some vanilla Starbound clothing on them. But that's just how it is.
    - Depending on the dungeons that spawn on a Flooded planet, the game may take extra time to load the planet upon first generating it.
    This is completely normal due to the game not normally loading some dungeons in an ocean setting: please be patient with the game and allow it to fully load the planet.
    - Characters that exist before the V2.0.0 Beta update may not find Flooded planets in their associated universes. For best results, create a new character or visit the universe of one!
    - Octo Expansion content is unlocked by buying and using a CQ-80 from the Outpost's Octoling vendor; it's like this for thematic and spoiler reasons! You may also rarely find CQ-80s in treasure chests on Oceanic and Flooded planets.

- There are currently no game-breaking bugs to my knowledge. Please contact me if you discover any, I want to fix them!

================

If you find bugs or other weirdness while adventuring, please supply your Starbound.log from the session so I can take a look at what's going on.
    I appreciate the help and so do all my testing squids!
    Additionally, if you have suggestions or ideas, don't be afraid to share them. :)

If you've got something to say about the mod, whether it's positive or negative, be sure to leave a review.

I'm always looking for more feedback and want to hear from you!

================

Credits:

- Psychic Detective Shawn Spencer and Coricus: for making various assets such as furniture and tentacle styles!
    - Commander Scout: for creating a template for the 0.9.1 eye update!
    - BlitzkriegOmega and Coricus: for all their hard work with bugtesting, especially with weapons and armor!
    - DeltaJordan: for their contributions involving dungeons and planet types, as well as for running the mod's GitHub!
    - Nintendo: for making Splatoon!
    - And all you subscribers: for providing your feedback and helping me improve Squids in Space!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. fz365
    fz365
    4/5,
    Version: V3.0a
    eveything is good except the squids in microdungens are too overowered
    1. Marinebeast
      Author's Response
      They're meant to be difficult encounters, and are put on higher-tier planets for a reason.
  2. HintOfMint
    HintOfMint
    1/5,
    Version: V2.2.0.1
    I dislike many aspects of it
    1. Marinebeast
      Author's Response
      Maybe you should give explanation and critique on WHY you dislike it, instead of just giving me a bad review saying you don't like it. :D
  3. cool629
    cool629
    5/5,
    Version: V2.2.0.1
    it's really great and would recommend to have it downloaded if your a splatoon fan and the fact that it works with modded clothing is the cherry on top.
  4. myntandrebecca4
    myntandrebecca4
    5/5,
    Version: V2.1.0B
    it's good but it really needs an update i hope a lot of people agree
  5. megagameryagiz
    megagameryagiz
    5/5,
    Version: V2.0.2Z
    you should add a race tech
    Im thinking someting like paint weapons really paints blocks and octo ball tech can climb to painted walls or something like that
    good mod btw
  6. SoloWingPixy
    SoloWingPixy
    5/5,
    Version: V2.0.2Z
    I like it, i wonder u could make octo races
  7. MechanicalWolf
    MechanicalWolf
    5/5,
    Version: V2.0.0B
    I'm glad this mod is still being worked on and hope to see more content being added, and the flooded worlds were not what I expected.
  8. AlanaDremmyr
    AlanaDremmyr
    5/5,
    Version: Version 1.2.XY
    I was so glad to see updates, I thought there would be new sets, decorations, new Hairstyle and even maybe a separate race Octolings, but this is just a fix for the bugs. sighs
    But still, I'm glad that there is such a mod! And I hope for new content!)
  9. AngelosonerZ4
    AngelosonerZ4
    5/5,
    Version: V1.2.XX
    I love the mod! but you could see that the weapons can create ink on the floor and that the inkling becomes a squid (I'm sorry if it's misspelled I speak Spanish not English)
  10. darkitio
    darkitio
    1/5,
    Version: V1.2.XX
    i cant use the inkiling