1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Spooky Scary Halloween Special 2.5 That's all folks!

Halloween Spirit For Everyone!

1. Relten
    [​IMG]
    A mod exploding (not really) with nightmarish spooky items, weapons and costumes...It's a surefire way to acquire some Halloween spirit within the game....or your money back!

If you are have the steam version of Starbound, and are feeling particularly lazy this evening....check out the workshop version:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=787822075

[​IMG]
    Still not convinced to at least install this mod? How about a little run down on the features that are included within the mod...
    spook2.jpg
    - Halloween Themed Decorations
    How are you going to celebrate Halloween within a video game, if you do not have any festive items to fill your tenant's tiny apartment with? After all, a microscopic room on a volcano planet is far more interesting when it has Halloween decorations littered everywhere.
    spook1.jpg
    - Pumpkin Crops
    What, you're going to carve a jack-o-lantern in a beet? While that would be fairly creative, it would also be awkward to do. Plus, I highly doubt that your new beet-o-lantern can be cooked into a delicious pie....

Don't want to make decorations with your brand new pumpkin? Bake it into a pie.
    Your pumpkin, your rules.

- Halloween Costumes

Halloween without costumes, is a like a boat without water.... If you are going to make a mod that allows you to celebrate all hallows eve, you better darn well allow everyone to dress up in silly costumes!

sexi.jpg
    We even went the extra ten feet to create a couple Avali costume items. While they may not be exactly be of the highest quality compared to other things within the mod, I thought I should at the very least attempt to add some sort of compatibility with it....After all, there is no point in trying to alienate a large audience.
    spook5.jpg
    - Tenant Trick-or-Treating
    So you built this amazing city, have tons of loyal citizens, and are now rolling in seeming endless heap of pixels. It is at this point, that one would ask....What now?

Well, the answer is actually quite simple....

You go door to door asking for free handouts....That's what.

- Halloween Crafting Tables
    While we were deep in our holiday studies, we had came to a conclusion that normal crafting tables would not suffice, as they would just immediately burst into multicolored flames (If you don't believe us, ask our many unpaid interns) due to the sheer levels of spookiness these items emit.
    spook3.jpg
    - Spooky New Main Menu
    New menu, new items, what else were you honestly expecting.

- Scythes!
    A new weapon type that is sure to scare your enemies to death!

Or harvest crops.

Or both, I'm not going to judge your lifestyle.

- Halloween Mystery Bags
    It's a bag that contains a completely randomized object. These items can be either good or bad, so do be careful while you open with bag of tricks.

Whew boy, that's quite a few features, considering the fact that mod was made in less than a month....

spook4.jpg
    [​IMG]

If you are having any issue involving the mod, please bring it up in the mod page, and now the reviews. As posting bug reports within the reviews does nothing to actually help us out.

If you want a specific item implemented to this mod, please feel free to tell us about it in the discussion thread that is attached to this page. Do bear in mind, however, that we won't accept EVERY request that come our way...but, we shall try our very best to try and accept as many as we can.

And now, everyone's favorite part of the mod page.

[​IMG]

@Relten
    @Inf_Wolf14
    @Jareix Cryvix

Special thanks to:

@v6ooo for lending me his Invisible Man script.
    @RyuujinZERO for his creation of the Avali.
    Chucklefish for creating starbound.
    Everyone who had contributed in one way or another to this fine modding community.

And further more,

Thank you for checking this mod out.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Updates

1. Post Halloween Wrap up.
  2. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
  3. Spookiness Intensifies

Recent Reviews

1. Arheos
    Arheos
    5/5,
    Version: 2.5 That's all folks!
    Its amazing!!!!!
  2. dinnho2105
    dinnho2105
    4/5,
    Version: 2.5 That's all folks!
    Link off?
    Permission Denied =/
    1. Relten
      Author's Response
      Are you unable to use mediafire? If so, I can try to set up a Dropbox mirror.
  3. GTG3000
    GTG3000
    4/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Awesome mod with halloween feel! Just what starbound needs right now!

Too bad the jack-o-lanterns don't fit sb style at all (colour palette not matching ingame ones, use of dithering), other than that great job!
    1. Relten
      Author's Response
      Well, I am sorry to hear that the Jack-o-lanterns soddened your experience a little. I can see about trying to get them to sync up with the rest of the sprites, but I can't make any promises. Hopefully the other items are more up to snuff...yes?