1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Soma Explorer Ships 1.1.1

For all your pseudo-Vaygr needs

1. MShadowy
    The following ships were intended to be part of a race mod, a tribally organized group of knowledge seeking nomadic starbarians called the Soma. As things currently stand, this species is unlikely to see release and as such I've decided to release the ships they'd fly as a standalone mod for anyone who is interested.

[​IMG]

Technically speaking this isn't quite finished, but I have no idea how to resolve the issue giving me trouble--specifically I would like to put in a hatch over the entrance to the cockpit/bridge area, however I've had no luck in getting it to appear for reasons that remain unclear.

-------------------------------------------

Features:
    Support for all default races, and easily converted for custom species.

Hopefully ships that are cool and with a nice Homeworld/Vaygr vibe.

-------------------------------------------

[​IMG]
    Tools used:
    GiMP Used for the initial layout and much of the initial editing before switching over to
    Krita Preferred illustration software
    gedit A common Linux text editor, roughly similar to Notepad++
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Updates

1. Fixes batch 2
  2. Quick Bug Fix Update

Recent Reviews

1. joaoernst
    joaoernst
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.1
    so cool but can you do yamato?
  2. Roskii Heiral
    Roskii Heiral
    5/5,
    My favorite custom ship. One line of the blockkey needs to be fixed (its an easy fix)
  3. SmaugTheDragon
    SmaugTheDragon
    5/5,
    This ship let's me roleplay a Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority operative 10/10 with cheese.
  4. SneakeFox
    SneakeFox
    5/5,
    My fav in all the ships mod it's deffently a 5/5 it even changed the ship of my modded character who was forcing me on the Avian ship (witch i highly dissliked). so yeah awesome mod!! :D
  5. dalante
    dalante
    5/5,
    A very well-designed vessel
  6. Ixantir
    Ixantir
    5/5,
    This is really well done, reminds me greatly of the Starship Yamato, or the Soyokaze from Irresponsible Captain Tylor. The later stages have a wonderfully Halo-like feeling to them as well. I did notice that the use symbol is nowhere near the interface for the ship's ai. But you still can use it from the correct point. :p
  7. Sycaru
    Sycaru
    5/5,
    It really is a beautiful looking ship, wonderful job and thank you for making it.
  8. Pohany
    Pohany
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    You did it? I do not believe ! Thanks a lot !!
  9. leinglo
    leinglo
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Awesome. Some built-in support for some of the more popular custom races would be nice as a later update, maybe even recolors for different races, but there's certainly nothing wrong with it as it is now.
    1. MShadowy
      Author's Response
      Thanks. Definitely suggestions to keep in mind, and probably a good expansion point for the mod, even if the race attached to these ships does actually materialize at some point.