This Mod allows you to add Portraits with a higher resolution to the game and easily switch between Portrait Mods.
Press P to change Portrait-Folders when the DialogBox is open.
This Mod itself includes no Portraits.
How to install a portraits mod with Portraiture:
- Download and install Portraiture for your version of SDV
(If done correctly the manifest.json should now sit in "/Mods/Portraiture/manifest.json")
- Download a portraits mod you want to use for ex. this one
- Create a folder in "Mods/Portraiture/Portraits" that you name however you like, for ex. "DCBurger Hi-Res" and extract the portrait files inside it.
(If done correctly the file for Abigail would be located at "/Mods/Portraiture/Portraits/DCBurger Hi-Res/Abigail.png")
- Start the game and talk to someone. Once the DialogueBox is open press P to change portraits till you see the right one. It will also shortly show the name of the folder above the left top corner of the DialogueBox, in this case "DC Burger Hi-Res". Whatever folder you pick will be saved for all portraits and stay that way after reloading until you change it again yourself.
- You can create as many folders as you like to switch between and fill them with downloaded Portrait Mods or mix your own. Also works with Regular XNB Mods.
(In that case it should look something like this: "Mods/Portraiture/Portraits/DCBurger Low-Res/Abigail.xnb".)
- That's it. And if you get tired of reading yourself: try PelicanTTS for Portraiture.
For portrait creators:
Any size works, but the Dialog Box might open a little slow if your portraits are over 512x512.
Hi-Res spritesheets need to be PNG files and need to be formated exactly as before (just scaled up),
only that all png portrait spritesheets must contain at least two portraits, even if the original only had one.
If you create an additional spritesheet for a specifix portrait Index, for example Leah_0.png, it will use that as an animation before showing the 0 index portrait from Leah. (Animations with an odd number of frames are played once, even numbers loop)
A video by youtuber thatdenverguy:
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
[SMAPI] Portraiture on Nexus
Allows higher resolution Portraits and easy switching between Mods.