1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Slime Race Mod (Outdated) discontinued

No longer being maintained. Please check Hieru's version.

1. UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT

XelSlime
    After a chat with Hieru (who's been way more devoted to this than I have in the past months), I've handed the mod off to her. She'll be taking care of it from now on, but no worries, it won't slow down or anything. In fact, it's progressing faster than before. Please remember to delete the old version from your mod folder, and click here to get the new one:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/slime-race-mod.4563
  2. more things to craft, plus tenant/furniture adjustments

XelSlime
    -modified requirements for slime tenants
    -all slime race mod furniture should now be able to spawn them
    -added recipes for vanilla slime decorations
    -made a special slime EPP
    amaranthineFantast likes this.
  3. new slime shield

XelSlime
    A special Slime Shield has been added, but it's hidden like the broadsword and grenade launcher. Play around with stuff and you should find it sooner or later.
  4. minor tweaks

XelSlime
    Mainly just an update to one of Hieru's weapons.

Also, the mod is now in .pak form, so ditch the old folder. This should help avoid issues from old files if they're ever replaced.
  5. wild shoats, other minor fixes

XelSlime
    Shoats can now be found in underground slime biomes, if nowhere else (Hieru did the work here). Also, slime tenants no longer speak like Fenerox when interacted with.
  6. new hidden weaponry, all slime tendrils★ adjusted

XelSlime
    New this update:

-two extra weapons, but you'll have to work to find them

-damage values of all Slime Tendrils★ fixed a bit
  7. updated shoats

XelSlime
    Some tweaks to shoats to give proper harvest, shoat 'gift' egg now stacks, shoat eggs themselves no longer stack
  8. new compost bin, lamp position against left wall fixed

XelSlime
    Hieru's made a new compost bin that speeds up the decomposition process for food items, good for quicker gathering of rotten food for making goo, though it might be useful for other things as well. Keep in mind, it likely won't work with mods that disable food rot.

Maybe someone can make up a gardening mod that the compost bin works well alongside...? Put rotten food to work more?

Also, the positioning of a slime...
  9. slime lamp adjustment, upgradeable tier 3 tendrils, +1 body palette

XelSlime
    Hieru sent me new files that allow the slime lamp (not the street lamp) to be placed on any surface, though it looks like it's facing the wrong direction when placed on a left-side wall. That'll get fixed later. I don't see how to do it, myself.

Also, Hieru guided me through things so that now, tier 3 slime tendrils can be upgraded a final time at the Weapon Upgrade Anvil in an Ancient Vault.

Lastly, I thought about all these slime objects and threw in one extra palette based off of...
    Lindazana likes this.
  10. new furniture, teleporter, tenant adjustment, ice tendrils color fix

XelSlime
    Hieru's created a few more objects for those looking to start up a proper slime colony.

2 wall beds,
    a normal-sized slime chair,
    a slime sack for storage,
    a thin door,
    two lamps (table and street types),
    and a teleporter.

Also, the tendrils have been adjusted to cause less lag, "slimenpchuman" tenants now occasionally give you Slime Glob blocks, Slime Blobs, or goo for crafting with the Biochemist Table. Since only slimepeople can regularly make goo, that's a good reason to get into the...
    Fizzbutt and Lindazana like this.