1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Radio 1.33

Add your own songs to listen to while in game!!

1. dcsk8erboy
    [​IMG]
    Futuristic Radio done by: HuggableCreep Thanks!
    Furious Koala UPDATE:
    f you tried to copy and paste the ENTIRE old Radioall.object file, it won't work unless you take the "" quotes off of either side of the "200" (which is the price in the file).

To add your own music:
    1. use medio.io , or some other software which can take your mp3 files and make them into .ogg files.
    2. After you convert your mp3's to .ogg, rename them to a short name, each of them must be different names.
    3. add them to the radio/sfx/objects folder with the other files as the .ogg files.
    4. open radioall.object file in the Radio Mod Object folder.
    5. At the bottom of the file is a list of the classical songs I have included. You may add your song names in the same format.
    6. Make sure there is a "," after each new added one, and that there is NOT a "," after the last added one. (You will see what I mean before you edit it")

EXAMPLE:
    This is the current list.
    "sounds" : [ "/sfx/objects/chopin.ogg",
    "/sfx/objects/furelise.ogg",
    "/sfx/objects/moonlight.ogg",
    "/sfx/objects/mozart.ogg",
    "/sfx/objects/jsbach.ogg",
    "/sfx/objects/handel.ogg",
    "/sfx/objects/serenade.ogg",
    "/sfx/objects/jsb.ogg",
    "/sfx/objects/debussy.ogg", <---- COMMA'S FOR ALL EXCEPT AT END.
    "/sfx/objects/nocturne.ogg" <-- NO COMMA AT END OF LIST
    ]

IF YOU WANT TO ADD A SONG, with an .ogg file you named NEWSONG:

"sounds" : [ "/sfx/objects/chopin.ogg",
    "/sfx/objects/furelise.ogg",
    "/sfx/objects/moonlight.ogg",
    "/sfx/objects/mozart.ogg",
    "/sfx/objects/jsbach.ogg",
    "/sfx/objects/handel.ogg",
    "/sfx/objects/serenade.ogg",
    "/sfx/objects/jsb.ogg",
    "/sfx/objects/debussy.ogg",
    "/sfx/objects/nocturne.ogg" , <--ADD COMMA
    "/sfx/objects/NEWSONG.ogg" <--- NO COMMA AT END OF LIST

]

Enjoy! Feel free to review, if you have problems use the SUPPORT thread and I will try to help you!

Version 1.0
    - Plays 5 classical songs currently. These songs are not copyrighted.

Nocturne No. 1 in B-flat minor _ F. Chopin
    Nocturne - F. Chopin
    Piano Sonata in C Major - W. A. Mozart
    Moonlight Sonata - L. V. Beethoven
    Fur Elise - Beethoven

1.2 UPDATE
    J S Bach - 2 Part Invention (F Maj)
    Schubert - Serenade
    Handel - Arrival of the Queen of Sheba Piano
    J S Bach - Gavotte (French Suites)
    Debussy - Gollywog's Cakewalk

1.3 UPDATE
    - Furious Koala Compatible
    - Added 6 more color varieties
    - Added a "Futuristic Radio done by HuggableCreep

Craft a radio in your platers crafting window and set it, then press "E" to activate and select which song you would like to hear!

Future updates:
    Hopefully I can find some other decent songs besides classical music that aren't copyrighted!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Do not include this mod in compilations.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.
    Karmos, Skyskinner and User011232 like this.

Recent Reviews

1. ismo122
    ismo122
    2/5,
    Version: 1.33
    Its not working anymore :/
  2. IJustWant2Download
    IJustWant2Download
    5/5,
    Version: 1.33
    this a great and really cool little mod for listening to music ingame while your staying in one place. it would be awesome if you could carry it in your hand, or wear it on your back so you can use both of your hands, and it could still play, like a boombox over your shoulder xD
  3. AlaniserBro
    AlaniserBro
    4/5,
    Version: 1.32
    Haha! Puny man! I provide you with a complementary hug!

In all seriousness though, is there any way to make the adding stage a lil' more simple? i often screw up a bit when im in a rush to add exiting new tunes! Haha!

Any way to do what rockstar does which is just adding .mp3 files to a seperate folder, and the radio just playes them in order?

Love your mod nevertheless!
    *Colossal man hug*
    1. dcsk8erboy
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the review man! and the hugs! I do not think there is an easier way though, this is the minimum and maximum amount you have to do to add your own songs, so it's the only way! :x Sorry man!
  4. Damiano de' Caretti
    Damiano de' Caretti
    5/5,
    Version: 1.32
    Nice,but...how do I convert mp3 files to vlc files?
    1. dcsk8erboy
      Author's Response
      Just google mp3 to .ogg. I use media.io. It's free, quick and easy!
  5. zothaq
    zothaq
    5/5,
    Version: 1.31
    Works great so far.
    It's perfect for the pub that I made. :)
  6. El Comandante
    El Comandante
    5/5,
    Finally almost 500mb (for now) worth of METAL to rock the galaxy!!! Nobody will stop my viking rage now! Arrrr
    1. dcsk8erboy
      Author's Response
      Glad it finally works and you like it! I hope one day I'll be able to make a "portable" radio, so you can carry it around on the planet! but I would have no clue how to do that unless STarbound comes up with something like that!
  7. Antmus
    Antmus
    5/5,
    I love this mod and I like how easy it is to add your own music in it, no sweat! But I have been wondering if it is possible to adjust the range of how far the music can be played? Because that is really a problem when you have a large ship and the music canĀ“t be heard everywhere! :P
    1. dcsk8erboy
      Author's Response
      I know in some files there are things that adjust how far you can hear it, I don't think this object does though. I can look into it! Thanks for the review!
  8. etherealblade
    etherealblade
    5/5,
    Version: 1.21
    Excellent Mod!
    1. dcsk8erboy
      Author's Response
      Thanks! I appreciate the review! I'm torn between adding more songs or leaving it as it is, so people can make their own playlist!?
  9. axon
    axon
    4/5,
    I think you need make a playlist and better multiplayer support(different players hear different music)
    1. dcsk8erboy
      Author's Response
      I don't think anything can be done about the multiplayer thing, I know some other mods had trouble with this too. But, I'll check into it!

And I would add more than classical songs, but, I can't add copyrighted materials, so it's either nice classical songs or just instrumental songs of other genres, which are kind of dull.
  10. teihoo
    teihoo
    5/5,
    Even though I like Starbound music, this is a great addition to the game! Also adds a working radio item <3
    1. dcsk8erboy
      Author's Response
      Thanks! I appreciate the review!