1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Portable Outpost (Quest Console) 1.9.1 for Starbound 1.4

Access Outpost quests, shops and services from your ship/base!

1. themrpiggy22
    Portable Outpost
    by themrpiggy22

1.4 Compatible - Also available on Steam Workshop

Introduction

Previously known as the Quest Console mod, Portable Outpost allows you to access all of the quests, shops and services from the Outpost settlement from the comfort and framerate of your own ship or base.

Features

Quest Console
    The Quest Console can be placed on your ship, in your base or anywhere else you wish, allowing you to access all outpost quests from anywhere you choose. You will simply see a exclamation mark/question mark above the console as you would normally on the NPC's.

Terracart
    The Terramart has come to a system near you, adding a place-able version for your ship or base.

Infinity Vending Machine
    Wouldn't it be cool If all the snacks, drinks and resources sold at the Infinity Express could be stocked in one vending machine? Well, now they are! Pick one up today!

Shady Crates and Penguin Pete's Vehicle Stash
    The Penguin Bay is looking to get rid of their wares quickly, even if that means coming to you.

Obtainable Rob Repairo Robot
    Now you can have your very own little Repairo robot! Aw, how cute!
    "Hey, I'm not cute!" - Rob

Teleexpress
    Need to get from A to B without all that pesky outpost lag? Now you can. Purchase your teleporters from the comfort of your own home!

Frögg Home Delivery
    The frog merchant is definitely climbing up the corporate ladder! Starting off as a street merchant, to owning his own store, and now he even delivers furniture...

Ursa's Minecart
    Ores delivered straight to your door!

Beak Easy Franchise
    Penguin Crew Members on the cheap.

Biggy's Reputable Weaponry
    Black market weapons delivered straight to your ship or base.

Travelling Treasured Trophies
    Trade rare wares on the go.

EASEL And EASEL Cabinet (Sign Store)
    Place both of these on your ship/base to make signs on the go! But seriously, it won't work if you don't place both.

Mysterious Vault Box
    An ancient box of unknown origin. Use it to trade Vault Keys.

Space Santa's Present Sack
    Take home a sack of festive goodies for your ship/base.

Getting Started

This section walks you through how to install the mod, then obtain the Quest Console and the Outpost shops.

Installation is just like any other mod, just extract the downloaded portableoutpost[version].zip file into the mods folder at:

Windows (64-bit): C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\mods

Windows (32-bit): C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\mods

Mac OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/mods

In-Game:
    - You will receive a Quest Console Chip when you first meet Esther.
    - You can also purchase another Quest Console Chip from Infinity Express or Infinity Vending Machine.
    - Craft a Quest Console with the Quest Console Chip at your Inventor's Table
    - You will receive the Portable Vendors when you complete the Quests to open their shops at the regular outpost.
    - You can also purchase the Portable Vendors from their respective outpost vendors. (EASEL sold at Infinity Express, Biggy's is sold at the Beakeasy).
    - You will receive a Peacekeeper Comms Chip when you first arrive at the peacekeeper station or you can purchase more from the peacekeeper shop.
    - Craft a Bounty Monitor with the Peacekeeper Comms Chip at your Inventor's Table

Screenshots

Mod is pretty self-explanatory but here are some screenshots anyway:

2015-10-03_00003.jpg

2015-10-03_00004.jpg

2016-01-23_00001.jpg

2016-01-23_00002.jpg

2016-01-23_00003.jpg

copy.png

Compatiblity
    This mod should 'work' with any other mods, as it only patches existing files/adds new ones. The portable vendors now sell the same items as the regular ones, which includes modded items. However modded quests/outpost vendors will not benefit from this mod.

Frackin' Universe quests and portable vendors are available with a patch:
    - Frackin' Universe (with patch)

If your mod is fully compatible (contains recipes for portable shops and runs without conflicts), please PM me so I can include it in the above list.

Troubleshooting

The console only allows outpost quests, so you can't skip missions with this mod. There is also a secret quest that you will need to find near the outpost to complete. This is in order to not break the games progression.

Known Issues
    - Lana Blake is not available as a Portable Vendor yet as I am working out how to implement her rotating inventory.
    - Ursa Miner Quest is no longer at Quest Console due to issues with the quest.
    - Penguins spawned on placement of Beakeasy Franchise do not despawn. Place carefully. Only known way to get rid of them is to hire them with a dubloon and then dismiss them.

Any other problems/crashes please leave some details in the discussion and your starbound.log file for me to look at rather than a bad review.

Hope you enjoy!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Images

1. 2016-01-23_00004.jpg

Recent Reviews

1. lockclamp
    lockclamp
    5/5,
    Version: 1.6.4 - Starbound 1.2
    nice idea now the outpost can be everwhere
  2. fostot
    fostot
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.1 - Cheerful Giraffe
    Hi there, when I download this, it downloads as a regular zip with a folder in it and subfolders/files, not a .modpack? Can I just rename it to .modpack to install it or? Sorry very new to this.
    1. themrpiggy22
      Author's Response
      Modpacks have been made redundant in favor of .pak. Pak files cannot be uploaded to the forums though, (last time I checked, maybe they can now). Just drop the folder inside the zip into the mods folder or download from workshop when I release it there in a couple of minutes.
  3. Kitts2307
    Kitts2307
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.1 - Cheerful Giraffe
    Wow, the mod author is very serious about customer service! His reaction time pleases me.

A very clean mod, to say the least. Makes everything a lot easier.
    1. themrpiggy22
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the review and compliments!
  4. kajtekk
    kajtekk
    4/5,
    Version: 1.1.2 - Glad Giraffe
    How do i get the script for quest?
    1. themrpiggy22
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the review! Could you be a bit more specific with your problem in the discussion section so I can help?
  5. the king of urniverse
    the king of urniverse
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.1 - Glad Giraffe
    problem how i get the quest i lose because i abadon the quest help me :(
    1. themrpiggy22
      Author's Response
      It is an honour to receive 5 stars from The King of the Universe himself! Unfortunately, the abandon quest problem is to do with Starbound's quest system itself, and is not related to my mod. Hope you have luck finding the answer but I do not know a solution myself.
  6. LoPhatKao
    LoPhatKao
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.1 - Glad Giraffe
    Great stuff :)
    Will be adding support to all my mods that modify outpost vendors, to also sell via the portable vendors. I've already added the Dozers to portable vehicle vendor :)
    1. themrpiggy22
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the review! Be sure to give me a buzz when your patches are done so I can add them to a compatible mods list.
  7. joelam
    joelam
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.1
    yay no more lagy outpost!
    1. themrpiggy22
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the kind review!
  8. Epsylven
    Epsylven
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.0 - Glad Giraffe
    i got great lag when in outpost, you saves me, thank you.
    1. themrpiggy22
      Author's Response
      No problem! I am just on the cusp of finishing the placable shops part of the mod so you might want to wait for that to be finished before installing as today's build is a little broken in terms of obtaining the shops. Thanks again for the review!
  9. heon
    heon
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.2 - Glad Giraffe
    Very convinient
    1. themrpiggy22
      Author's Response
      Thanks! Glad (see what I did there) to see that you enjoy the mod!
  10. NorthUniverse
    NorthUniverse
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.2 - Glad Giraffe
    Saves time, all the time 10/10
    1. themrpiggy22
      Author's Response
      Thanks! I will continue to improve the mod to allow access to other outpost services soon!