1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Penguin Race Concept / Mod [v. Angry Koala] 1.0

Extremely Experimental, Highly Hillarious, Wow!

1. FPSrad
    [​IMG]

First off I'd like to say this is my first mod so go easy on it heh.
    I present you here a very VERY experimental penguin race based off the one made by CrystalWolf.

Features:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - Basic animations (need ALOT of work!)
    - A working custom ship based off the image originally made by Blastred
    - Working personality stances!
    - (Mostly) working arms!
    - Body and Eye colour customization!
    - Custom hurt SFX for male/female!
    - Custom codex/lore (WIP)!
    - Some "Hairstyles" (refer to vid)
    - Invisible Vanity Slot items!
    - Custom tutorial quest! (free guitar! xD)
    - Angry Koala Support! (using new mod format/merging!)

NOTE: Uses Simple Extended Character Creation Mod by Xander Kau (included)

WARNING: This mod is incompatible with EVERY single race while it is active as it changes offsets in the humanoid.config file . Remove from the mods folder if you are going to play other races or prepare to see this! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

[​IMG]

I am posting this here to see if there is any interest in continuing it since the Starbound engine does not support true non-humanoid species at this time leaving this mod rather standalone.

For now I need to find a solution to the non-humanoid problem, I was thinking of delving into creating a tech that allowed you to play as a penguin instead However that may end up being too complex. a simple solution would be to add stilts or scale it up to humanoid size I guess xD

After that my plans would include adding new beak types, custom respawn animation, belly colours (maybe?) and definitely some custom tier armor.

Hopefully in the future we will see extended API to allow for non-humanoid races!

Recent Reviews

1. cherrypop2080
    cherrypop2080
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    wow cool
  2. ASoapyPenguin
    ASoapyPenguin
    2/5,
    I was able to create the character, but whenever I select it my game crashes. :'(
  3. Maxibon9000
    Maxibon9000
    3/5,
    when I tried to download mod again it bugs out the character creation and I can't make the penguin race anymore! I tried more then once
  4. minerlogo
    minerlogo
    4/5,
    I saw this went Getting for my brother then I read the No compatibility and went Hmmmmmm Oh well he still loves penguins :)
  5. Havelok
    Havelok
    4/5,
    Bug and conflict with other races mods (argonian, grey ovni, elf etc etc !!).
    He hide other races in selection character !
    So just 4 stars for the moment for this good idea but we need updated !