1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Penguin Piracy (SUSPENDED DEVELOPMENT) V11.2.1

Pirates! Plunderers! Penguins! This mod adds penguin affiliated content, and much more!

1. PenguinRaceMod V3 - The Lamprey Update

ManicRykker
    Hey guys! I'm FINALLY back with an update. Sorry I kept you waiting. :rofl: I know it's been a longer wait than usual, but I have a LOT prepared for you this time around...

[​IMG]

CHANGELOG

-To start things off: Penguin tenants and crew members have been added!

Tenants are obtained the same way you obtain normal tenants: Place down 6 pieces of penguin themed furniture (Like the bar lights and Beakeasy logo seen in the above screenshot), place the deed,...
    Saint Apollyon likes this.
  2. PenguinRaceMod V2.6 - The Blue Tang Update

ManicRykker
    Hey guys. Going to push an update before I call it a night.

CHANGELOG

ADDITIONS

[​IMG]

- Added a new back item type: The Penguin Environmental Protection Pack! (Or PEPP for short)

These illegally modified EPPs offer additional benefits. (Particularly regeneration, glow, element blocking, and fall damage blocking) Best of all, you don't have to hide them. They are fitted to the penguin's sprites. They require various amounts of peng, and suitable...
    Saint Apollyon likes this.
  3. PenguinRaceMod V2.5.1 - The Stonefish Update

ManicRykker
    Hey guys, update time again.

CHANGELOG

ADDITIONS

[​IMG]

- A new item has been added: The penguin beacon. This object needs clearance above it to be placed. You can buy a codex giving further info on it from offshoot Beakeasy bars. (P.S. - Place in a large open area, have your best gear ready, and have supplies on hand...)

-A new plush has also been added (seen above)

TWEAKS

- Omnishop crafting recipe changed a bit.
    - The way certain decorative...
  4. PenguinRaceMod V2.5 - The Manta Ray Update

ManicRykker
    Hey guys! Time for an actual update.

[​IMG]

CHANGELOG

ADDITIONS

-As some of you may remember, the penguin king used to play music while he was placed. I intended for the music to be a welcoming sort of thing, but I ended up removing the music in a previous update, as it was getting annoying for some, especially since it couldn't be turned off..

While I couldn't really find a way to add such functionality to the penguin king object (since he also...
  5. PRM Bugfix Update 2

ManicRykker
    Hey guys. Just a very quick bugfix for a problem DukeScrewface brought to my attention.

CHANGELOG

BUGFIX

-Removed a scrapped item that was causing crashes
  6. PRM Micro Update 1

ManicRykker
    Hey guys. Just wanted to drop a quick small update to get you guys up to the same version I've been using. I've been meaning to get this pushed for a few days now, but have either just not had the time to, or my Internet was acting up. Either way, here's a really small changelog!

V2.4.2 CHANGELOG

-Removed the music the Penguin King object played. I haven't been able to find a proper way to get it toggle-able yet, so for now I'm just turning it off period.
    -Lowered the penguin walk speed....
  7. PRM Bugfix Update 1

ManicRykker
    Hey guys. Just a small update to fix a couple of bugs.

-Fixed an issue the race was having when using the spike sphere tech.
    -Fixed an issue with wall jump

Note: I am going to be turning off the penguin king's music in the next update/bugfix update.

It was going to be in this update, but my Internet was giving me SUCH a hard time today, that I just was NOT able to get the version of this update that had that change up today... Oh well. :/

Expect that within a few days.
  8. PenguinRaceMod V2.4 - The Clownfish Update

ManicRykker
    Hey guys! It's been a while huh? I hope you all have been enjoying the new year. Got a little update here for you that fixes the ship block bug, and does a few other things.

V2.4 CHANGELOG

TWEAKS

-Fixed an issue with the penguin ship block materials. Breaking them should now give the proper items, and not just PGIs.. lol.
    -Updated the inventory sprites for the penguin hider clothing.
    -I have added an extra helpful measure to help hide gear and armor. Penguins are now permanently nude!...
  9. V2.3 - The Sailfish Update

ManicRykker
    Hey guys! Surprise pre-new year update! (Or post- new year, if you're in a different timezone than me. Lol)

CHANGELOG

TWEAKS

-Penguins now have their own custom respawn animation! It plays out somewhat like the Avian respawn animation, but has a few differences: The egg is an edited mooshi egg, it uses a baby penguin sprite I made from the normal penguin sprite.. In general the animation is more penguin friendly.

(This knocks out one of the mod's most obvious placeholders since the...
  10. V2.2 - The Hammerhead Shark Update

ManicRykker
    Hey guys, it's time for another update!

CHANGELOG

TWEAKS

-Finally got around to doing something I've been wanting to do for awhile now:

In all previous versions of the mod up to this point, all penguin related codexes were learned by default. That changes today!

The penguin log and Orbis care manual are now obtained from your ship locker.. All other codexes (as well as any future ones) are now purchased from a new merchant detailed further below.

-The penguin tank chair has been moved...