1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Pandora's Box (Legacy) V4.0.2-Final

This aims to add variations to unique monsters, add uniques of it's own, and other little tweaks!

1. Pandora's Box V1.3 - The Nutmidge Update

ManicRykker
    ... Ok, that's just a joke title. There's more than that :rofl: (Had to name it this due to the sheer amount I ended up adding for those guys >_>)... Anyways,

V1.3 Changelog

ADDITIONS

-VARIANTS-

-Nutmidge (120)
    -King Nutmidgeling (10)
    -Nutmidgeling (10)
    -Fennix (6)

- The palletes from Shiny Pets have been incorporated into Pandora's Box.

I have tried to put the files from that mod under major scrutiny. Some spritesheets that I could clearly
    tell were dated have been adjusted. All frames files have been replaced as well to ensure nothing goes wrong animation wise.
    (Many of the shiny monsters use older hurt sprites. For novelty sake, I have decided to leave those intact!)

-UNIQUES-

- Applepie's Fennix Family Mod is being incorporated into Pandora's Box! They are receiving full credit for the original mod. (I will be linking to the original creation)

This isn't just a copy paste though: The Fennix Family is getting a bit of a make-over structure wise.

- All Fennix Family assets in the mod will have a "pandorasbox" tag in front of them, like other ids in the mod. This will mean they will be compatible with the original stuff, but the original
    monsters won't carry over one to one if you migrate to Pandora's Box. (This is one of the downsides to not copying bit for bit... sorry guys.)

- Some changes to biome distribution:
    -Normix is now rare to an extent. (It's spawnrate has been lowered) HOWEVER, It is now capable of spawning almost everywhere underground.
    -Frostix can now be found in arctic, tundra, ice, and icecave biomes.
    -Toxix is found in alien, jungle, and toxic biomes.
    -Mysterix is found in midnight biomes.
    -Electrix is found in scorched cities. (where they hunt for surviving sources of electricity)

- Changes to the monsters themselves
    -Normix: has been completely rebalanced. It is now an elemental tank, with very small regen. It is also a little more agile than it's fennix relatives! It is
    vulnerable to physical damage.
    -Toxix: Takes much less damage from poison attacks. Now has a long ranged spitting attack to back up it's flamethrower-like attack.
    -Electrix, Mysterix, and Frostix: More resistant against their respective elements.

- All monsters have had their spritesheets redone. They also have variations too!
    Electrix - 7 alts
    Frostix - 6 alts
    Toxix - 6 alts
    Mysterix - 6 alts
    Fennix - 6 alts (Including that here since I'm giving them alts too)
    Normix - 19 alts (Normix alts comprise a slew of different colorations. The general idea for Pandora's version of Normix, is that it has an equal mix of DNA
    from it's relatives. Though it doesn't have any special elemental abilities, a bit of coloration from other relatives can bleed through at times. It does
    have alts for it's brown color though.)

- Optimizations to improve compatibility with other mods

Fennix Family monsters are a part of this mod's collections now too (both the monsters, and their action figures!)

The original authors of Fennix Family and Shiny Pets will be added to the mod's descriptions on the Chucklefish Forums, and the Steam Workshop. (It will also
    occur within the mod's arcive description, and the description in the mod itself.)

- The mods first two legendaries have been added. I won't be revealing what they look like, or what they are, but I will say this about them:
    -They're very rare.
    -Once the first legendary spawns, that particular instance of the monster is persistent. It won't go away until it is either killed, or captured. The other monster
    isn't persistent, and will go away if you beam out, or get killed.
    -Your mech's tracking system won't detect them. You're on your own with these guys.

TWEAKS

- Snuggets all over the universe have spontaneously started glowing. Novakids were initially suspicious,
    but have taken a shine to their companions' new trick.

- The Hedgeleap now has green eyes instead of cyan eyes. (They also have a few of their own variations now.)
Return to update list...