1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Paintbrush v0.0.3 - Glad Giraffe

Small mod. Adds a paintbrush spear weapon that can be crafted or found.

1. Febilian
    A small mod made on a whim based on the new weapons and their abilities. The spear 'barrier' secondary ability really reminded me of painting or drawing when I tried it out for the first time, so I made a paintbrush spear with a new 'elemental' effect that relies primarily on existing assets.

A low-tier version of the paintbrush can be crafted at an anvil or equivalent station, but if you want a more powerful paintbrush with better damage, you'll have to find it in dungeon loot - if you get lucky. It's as common as a 'rare' quality spear, so it won't show up too often - but it should be working, as I did manage to find one in a chest while testing.

usage idle.png usage draw.png

The "paint" on the brush has its own status effect in addition to the weapon dealing basic damage, when you strike an enemy with the brush or if it runs into the ink barrier, the enemy will be afflicted with tar slow for a bit.

Since most of the stuff in here is just altered/copied from the default assets, feel free to poke around in the files or use it as an example, or update it if I fail to do so. I don't mind. :)
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    mappo likes this.

Recent Reviews

1. MLGPaintBrush
    MLGPaintBrush
    5/5,
    Version: v0.0.3 - Glad Giraffe
    New favorite mod.
  2. HuggableCreep
    HuggableCreep
    5/5,
    kinda reminds me of disney's epic mickey, & now all i need is a mickymouse costume :L *paints reveiws with rainbows*
  3. elii
    elii
    5/5,
    I think that's Picassos brush ... because it's brilliant !
  4. mappo
    mappo
    5/5,
    An amazing idea!
  5. IEpicWolfI
    IEpicWolfI
    5/5,
    This is amazing, thank you so much~ <3
  6. is99088
    is99088