1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

(ODYSSEY) H.A.L. 9000 AI Replacement V1.5

This mod replace the S.A.I.L. ship AI with HAL 9000, from 2001: A Space Odyssey.

1. SaltLakeMormon
    Attention: Please message me any problems you are experiencing before posting a review. This is my first mod, so keep an open mind and be sure to report bugs to me so I can fix them quickly. Thanks :nod:

V1.4 UPDATE: Previous issue caused a crash upon loading StarBound. Fixed and fully functional!
    This mod replaces the default human ship AI (S.A.I.L.) with a state-of-the-art H.A.L. 9000 unit!

This mod does 3 things:
    • Changes the ship AI's icon/picture/name to HAL 9000
    • Alters all of the dialogue spoken by S.A.I.L to better represent H.A.L.
    • Adds several secret lines of dialogue that can be spoken by H.A.L. 9000 that make references to the film.
    Works with existing and new saves! Will not cause problems unless another mod directly changes S.A.I.L's dialogue/UI

All text that you will see in-game can be changed on request!

SCREENSHOTS:

HAL1.PNG HAL2.PNG HAL3.PNG HAL4.PNG HAL5.PNG
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
    Redacted Revenant likes this.

Recent Updates

1. HOTFIX 2

Recent Reviews

1. Kamidarko
    Kamidarko
    5/5,
    Version: V1.5
    5/5. Would psycho AI my human Dave any day.