1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Nostalgic Greenery 1.3-1.02

Everything that's lush, and a little occult stuff too >.>

1. Charlatan
    NG_Banner_01.jpg

Ever flattened an area with your M.M. in destructive madness, only to find that it would look a lot better if you had all those plants, rocks and flowers back? Nostalgic Greenery aims to fix this.

NG_Banner_02.jpg

[ ! ] Only use one .pak file - see Installation Instructions below [ ! ]

Steam Workshop Links
    Nostalgic Greenery FUll:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=792823395
    Nostalgic Greenery Vanilla:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=793244167

Features:

Through a new crafting station, the "Gardening Toolbox", many of previously untouchable plants, rocks and flowers become available as craft-able decorations, along with a collection of new objects related to gardens, beaches, houses or the environment.

> Greenery: A variety of grasses, bushes, flowers and rocks you came across in your travels can now be crafted. More to follow!

> Garden Decor: Comfortable garden objects including Loungers, placeable Drinks, Flowerbeds, Pillars, Statues, Festival Lights and more.

> Waterfalls: The waterfalls are different in width and interacting with them allows you to choose how long they are. They do not require an attachment point, so that they can fall freely without needing a wall behind them.

> Vines: Craft-able Vines coming with an interface to choose their shape and rotation - including multiple starting points, ends and corners.

> Gardening Multi-Tool: A powerful, direct upgrade to the Hoe and Watering Can. By separating tilling and removing till to different mouse buttons, preparing soil for your gardens is now more convenient than ever.

> Miscellaneous: Various curiosities that don't fit other categories - for example: craft-able variants of the Protectorate Tree and it's Wind Chimes, various garden decor, and even a sleeping cat !

Coming Later:

The "Floromorph 7000000": An advanced machine allowing you to splice together two different crop seeds to try and create completely new ones - but also old and familiar favorite crops from late Earth! While the mechanics are finished and work without problems, this feature is not yet added because as of now, there are only 3 recipes (Bell Pepper Seeds, Apple Tree Seeds, Onion Seeds). Once a proper collection of recipes is finished, this machine will become craft-able at the Gardening Toolbox.

Cooking Recipes: New dishes, drinks and snacks using the vegetables/fruits you discover through the FM7000000.

Installation / Compatibility:

Only use one .pak file:

NostalgicGreenery.pak == The full version of the mod. ( REQUIRES Frackin Universe to be installed )
    NostalgicGreeneryVanilla.pak == For players who don't use FrackinUniverse. ( REQUIRES NOTHING, but will have less content. )

Nostalgic Greenery should otherwise be compatible with everything and should never cause any problems when suddenly uninstalled - no vanilla content is modified at all - should some exceptional and unexpected case appear, even at the worst it should merely end up as providing the harmless 'perfectly generic item'.

Credits / Legal Crap:

Pretty much everything here is either my own work, or a previously unusable object either from the vanilla game (Chucklefish) or used with permission from FU (Sayter)

If you want any of my content here, just ASK FIRST. Somehow, somewhere, I'm usually around.

Special Thanks to forum user lazarus78 who showed me an embarrassing oversight which had bugged my waterfall objects earlier.

Screenshots:

New Crafting Station: Gardening Toolbox:

NG_GardeningToolbox.jpg

Alternatively: Light Version:

NG_AdvertGardeningToolsLite.png

New Tool: Gardening Multi-Tool:

NG_GardeningMultiTool.jpg

New Tool: Decoration Displacer:

NG_DecorationDisplacer.jpg

New User Interfaces: Decoration Options:

NG_GUIs.jpg

Collected Objects 01:

NG_01.jpg

Collected Objects 02:

NG_02.jpg

New Waterfall Possibilities & Front Vines:

NG_03.jpg

Various Garden Items, Flowers and a little Waterfall:

NG_04.jpg

Festival Light-Chains:

NG_05.jpg

Modular Vines:
    NG_06.jpg

Bushes, Garden Loungers, Place-Able Drinks:
    NG_07.jpg

Prism Rocks:
    NG_08.jpg

Various Screens by subscriber "shiny gallade"
    NG_screenshot_shinygallade_01.jpg
    NG_screenshot_shinygallade_02.jpg
    NG_screenshot_shinygallade_03.jpg
    NG_screenshot_shinygallade_04.jpg
    NG_screenshot_shinygallade_05.jpg
    NG_screenshot_shinygallade_06.jpg

Videos:

Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Images

1. NG_GardeningMultiTool.jpg

Recent Updates

1. [Patch Update]
  2. [Patch Update]
  3. [Patch Update]

Recent Reviews

1. longlee0092
    longlee0092
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3-1.02
    amazing mod but I can't download cuz broken link :( plz fix it tysm
  2. Ghajari
    Ghajari
    5/5,
    A village so green with waterfalls and fireflies.
  3. Warlord27
    Warlord27
    5/5,
    Sorry for my Late Review in 3 months maybe.

I really want to thank you for making this mod and uploading this to make my own Amazing Garden i hope you update this mod in the future if there is an update for starbound
    1. Charlatan
      Author's Response
      It will take a while, I have some IRL issues atm, but I will update this mod and add more plants in the end :)
  4. BILLY500436
    BILLY500436
    5/5,
    Does this mod include grass on grass? :P
    1. Charlatan
      Author's Response
      Basically you can put grass on the grass you spread using seeds now yes :P Unless you mean new grasses - those are finished, but still not added because the game doesn't allow adding new one without making your savegame dependent on it :(
  5. Orpheus of Ciphrus
    Orpheus of Ciphrus
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3-1.01
    Can't say there's much I can add on, that's not in the other reviews- but I'll just start with that I'm from an RP server that uses this mod, and it makes one of our colonies- an underground one- come to life. It allows us to have the vines coming down from the ceiling, and the natural feel of the water with beautiful plant-life underwater. It's also helped in some of my personal builds of beaches- nothing particularly /special/ but they turn it from a perfectly combed beach into a work of art, with seagrass, and little bushes and weeds to make the dunes about. Most people on the server enjoy the mod's existence, and how it enables them to make a truly beautiful scene. It's even used in my personal home, with the windchimes being apart of the place.
    1. Charlatan
      Author's Response
      I don't really know what to say to that. That my work helps the atmosphere/immersion of a starbound RP community is more than I expected, I'd have called that wishful thinking on my part. Thanks! o.o
  6. ShadowSoul
    ShadowSoul
    4/5,
    Version: 1.3-1.01
    An amazingly mod for more flora-based aesthetics. It can be a bit overwhelming when you first download, but I believe it is worth experiencing it.
    1. Charlatan
      Author's Response
      Thanks, any suggestions how to make it less overwhelming? I'm slightly out of ideas in this regard, what with more additions coming :P
  7. Yoseiri
    Yoseiri
    5/5,
    Version: 1.102
    I forgot to rate this last time
    1. Charlatan
      Author's Response
      Thanks ^^
  8. nefrem
    nefrem
    5/5,
    Version: 1.08
    One if my favorite mod.
    Thank you for your work sir !
    1. Charlatan
      Author's Response
      No problem! Glad you enjoy it :)
  9. GoldenstarArtist
    GoldenstarArtist
    5/5,
    Version: 1.08
    Our roleplay community really enjoys this mod! It has a lot to offer! Some suggestions I would like to see added are Potted plants and more blocks; also maybe some animal integration, like rabbit hutches.
    1. Charlatan
      Author's Response
      A roleplay community? I'm especially glad to hear that! Potted plants, for yourself to make (pots allowing to plant flowers/crops without having to till) are already in the works - single block pots are already available at least. What you suggest about animals is new though! I can surely make such outside-pet homes for immersion. ^^
  10. Dragonclaw
    Dragonclaw
    5/5,
    Version: 1.07
    (Completely pointless review) YEEEESSSSS!

(Useful review... kind of) This is a really great mod that I'm using to make my academy less dull. Very detailed everything. The one thing I would do is make the snacks a bit smaller. That's the only suggestion I have. And like I said before... YEEEESSSSS!
    1. Charlatan
      Author's Response
      YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS I wanted to make them smaller ._. already reduced most of their vanilla shapes. Any more will reduce the detail D: