1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Peculiar Planets [DISCONTINUED] v1.0.2 (Glad Giraffe)

Adds high level planets for all biome types.

1. Broconut
    I will not be updating this mod anymore nor will I be uploading it to the workshop. Consider it abandoned. If somebody else wants to update and re-upload it here or on the Steam Workshop, by all means go for it. No credit is needed.

[​IMG]
    IMPORTANT! READ THIS BEFORE INSTALLING!
    MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR UNIVERSE AND CLEAR OUT YOUR UNIVERSE FOLDER BEFORE USING THIS MOD!

This mod makes changes to the way the universe generates! Coordinates for planets will NOT be the same as vanilla! If you're removing this mod, clear out your universe folder or else your game will crash! A new universe isn't required to use this mod, but it's HIGHLY recommended!

If you have questions pertaining to this mod or your game crashes when using it, head over to the discussion section. If your game is crashing, post the problem you're having with a copy of your starbound.log file (located at \Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage) and I'll take a look at it when I have the time.

What is this mod and what does it do?
    This mod is a temporary solution to the rather awful endgame we have now. The developers have stated that they will be adding a proper endgame (nebulae) before or at 1.0, so this mod will become obsolete once that happens.

Here's what this mod does:

• Adds high level planets (Peculiar) for all biome types to help make endgame a little bit more refreshing.
    • Adds high level tentacle planets.
    • Adds a few new sub-biomes to planet types in need of them (specifically, garden, midnight, scorched and volcanic) to help spice them up a bit.
    • Peculiar planets contain tougher monsters and NPCs and stronger weapons in chests.
    • Adds inhabited planets, which contain 3 race specific structures (dungeons/villages).
    • Adds trace amounts of uranium, plutonium and solarium to the surface of certain planet types.
    • Adds cold moons, which contain erchius crystals.
    How do I install this mod?
    Extract the modpak file from the zip folder and move it to \Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods. If you're installing a new version of this mod, delete the old one before dragging the new one in.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    Hekkaryk, Germaine, Esreadel and 9 others like this.

Recent Reviews

1. impbas23
    impbas23
    5/5,
    Version: v1.0.2 (Glad Giraffe)
    update to 1.0 and put him on steaworkshop please!!!!!! nice work
  2. Germaine
    Germaine
    5/5,
    I loved this mod in the glad giraffe version, but it doesn't seem to work with 1.0. Could you please update this mod? Thanks brother,
  3. SunnyBrightside
    SunnyBrightside
    4/5,
    It does well, but the Peculiar planets near the gentle stars make it too easy to get overpowered gear right off the bat. If you're good at avoiding fights and finding treasure, you soon get a shotgun that does 100+ damage before you even leave your first solar system (It also reduces the amount of exploreable planets in these systems for lower levels)

Now, if some of these peculiar planets were actually lower level planets that were normally higher level, like a low level, volcanic planet (getting rid of the need for heat shield tech to explore them), and throwing the high level peculiar planets onto their respective stars (So a high level garden planet on a fiery star), then it would be great! Adding to the options of what you can explore right off the bat would be a dream (for me)

It's a great mod, but with some skill (and a bit of luck) it can really allow you to twink your character out real early, making the rest of the early game laughable.
  4. foreck
    foreck
    5/5,
    Does what it says, and does it great
  5. Gingas02
    Gingas02
    4/5,
    Version: v1.0.1 (Glad Giraffe)
    Is this compatible with FrackinUniverse?
    1. Broconut
      Author's Response
      I don't use Frackin Universe, but I downloaded it to test to see if the game would crash when used alongside this mod and it didn't, so I suppose it is compatible.
  6. Maxiplayer
    Maxiplayer
    5/5,
    Version: v1.0.1 (Glad Giraffe)
    you never stop surprising me don't you
    well done
  7. Juliohnq123br
    Juliohnq123br
    5/5,
    Version: v1.5.1 (Pleased Giraffe)
    good ! epic
  8. MythixDino
    MythixDino
    5/5,
    Version: v1.5 (Pleased Giraffe)
    Worth 5 stars, this modis a nice expansion for some more end-game stuff. Well done. (1.5 download is restricted though)
  9. betailas
    betailas
    5/5,
    Version: v1.5 (Pleased Giraffe)
    Nice mod, but version 1.5 cannot be downloaded due to the restrictions of google drive.
  10. Pigbear
    Pigbear
    5/5,
    Version: v1.4.4 (Spirited Giraffe)
    Really good, When I landed on a tentacle planet for the first time in forever, and heard the music, I was so happy.
    Best thing ever.