1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Munari Race 2.1.8, For Starbound 1.3

Adds an aquatic like race called the Munari

1. Motionless
    -Only stable version supported-
    [​IMG]
    This race is loosely based from a game called Summoner 2 (mostly just the name).

The Munari are an aquatic race similar to the Hylotl (think less alien fish, more human). In appearance, they come in a range of various skin colours with unique markings all over their body. They can be distinguished by their multiple fins attached to each appendage and a singular one on their back. Some have been spotted with a head of hair while others only have fins.
    Their main diet are organs of various species.

Appearances
    The hair is mostly from the Hylotl and edited Human hair with a few custom hair.

Random Males | Random Females
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    (outdated clothes)

Tiered Armor 1-10

[​IMG]

Custom Death Animation
    [​IMG]

Munari Ship
    [​IMG]
    Ship Tier Spoilers
    [​IMG]
    Ship S.A.I.L
    [​IMG]

****Installation****
    1. Using Winzip or Winrar, extract the munari folder to Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods
    How to extract files

2. You will need a character creation mod to add the race to the menu.

My personal one:
    Another Character Creation Mod (ACCM) - Download Here
    Alternatives
    Simple Extended Character Creation - Download Here
    Kawa's xbawks-mode character creator - Download Here
    ODB2 Character Creation Mod - Download Here
    Character Creation Species Extension - Download Here

Any Bug Reports or Suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Munari are part of Racial Crossover! Check it out here!

Compatible with Choke Le Fish Mod

Available on Steam Workshop.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
    Waffle-Chan, LordTS, Arra and 21 others like this.

Recent Updates

1. Mech deployment fix
  2. Quick fix
  3. 2.1.7 Update - 2017/06/23

Recent Reviews

1. Assassin001rus
    Assassin001rus
    5/5,
    Version: 2.1.6, For 1.0 Starbound
    My favourite race! Any chances getting on 1.3.0?
  2. OmegaOSG
    OmegaOSG
    5/5,
    Version: 2.1.6, For 1.0 Starbound
    Love the race! Nice ship as well! R.I.P Jelly
  3. Natnab
    Natnab
    5/5,
    Version: 2.1.4, For 1.0 Starbound
    The ship is amazing, and the reason I downloaded this in the first place. However, between the ship, custom furniture, large amounts of customization with the characters look, and a heavy dose of style, I like this race more than most of the vanilla races. 5/5, thanks for the mod.
  4. Freaddythegreat
    Freaddythegreat
    5/5,
    Version: 2.1.3, Glad Giraffe
    10/10 Would make an Undyne Character again
  5. Gun_Shy
    Gun_Shy
    5/5,
    Yeah, I was using this race back in Koala. I'm also really sad about the jellyship :(

Is it just because of the ship upgrades and having to make the art for a bunch of different-sized jellies?
    1. Motionless
      Author's Response
      Pretty much. I liked that ship too. There was a bunch of reasons why I decided to change it. The art itself took awhile to make, then having to do that 8 or so times over, somehow enlarging it was going to be a nightmare. The art style wasn't quite fitting in with the pixel style of the game. Story wise (since it was changed) it had no real purpose being there. That's why I decided on a more simple approach that would fit in with the game. Perhaps if there is ever a ship change option added within the game the jellyfish may return. :)

There was also a concept of a glowing constellation whale ship at some point too but that was even more work.
  6. varn1111
    varn1111
    5/5,
    i LOVE this race but im kinda sad about loseing my jellyfish ship...
  7. lordglythglyth
    lordglythglyth
    5/5,
    Version: 2.1.2, Glad Giraffe
    update please it breaks colonys
    1. Motionless
  8. TheLumberJack
    TheLumberJack
    3/5,
    looks great! but its a file not a folder
    any clue why?
    1. Motionless
      Author's Response
      Yes. The file is compressed. You need a program like Winzip, Winrar, or something similar to extract the folders inside.
  9. gratux1
    gratux1
    5/5,
    Love this mod, race, items etc. Please continue updating this to its fullest extent, I enjoy this alot!
  10. GamingTimeLord
    GamingTimeLord
    5/5,
    Excellent mod, its the most complete race mod I've seen yet, and its very well made, just one thing though. Tenants wont spawn for me which is kind of a problem because I like having guys on my ship.
    1. Motionless
      Author's Response
      It seems I used the wrong tag in the tenant files. "tagCriteria" should be "colonyTagCriteria". If you replace this in each tenant file using a simple text editor it should fix the spawning issue. It will be fixed for the next patch. Thanks for finding this. :)