1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

More Planets 1.2

Improved chances of planets in star systems, increased number and chance of gas giant moons

1. Even more gas giant moons!

simulatoralive
    I decided to play with the limits of Starbound today, and as it turns out, the new navigation interface for Starbound 1.3+ allows for gas giants to have up to 12 moons without crashing. The prior versions would crash on 7 or more of them.

So, this update gives gas giants 12 orbits, while keeping the chances of them being filled the same. The new average number of gas giant moons with this update is now 9!

While testing, I happened on a giant with 10 moons and took a night time shot while...
  2. UniGen Starclasses Compatibility

simulatoralive
    I just finished testing this small update, both with and without UniGen's Starclasses installed.

I can now confirm that this mod is UniGen Starclasses compatible.

Basically, I made the asteroid field/barren world at the outskirts optional, so if UniGen's Starclasses mod is detected, then that little extra will be ignored, since UniGen uses the 12th orbit and so does this mod.

So, compatible mods that I've tested and can confirm working cooperatively:
    • Better Barren
      • Any...