1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

More Planets 1.2

Improved chances of planets in star systems, increased number and chance of gas giant moons

1. simulatoralive
    To make this mod work properly, due to changes in Starbound 1.3's UI, compared to previous versions, you'll need to pair this mod with another, to make the navigation window larger or to make it zoomable.

This tiny mod makes these changes:
    • Increases the chances of each planetary orbit being filled in vanilla star systems.
    • Increases the chances of each gas giant orbit being filled.
    • Increases the maximum number of moons around gas giants to 12 (I would have gone higher, but Starbound crashes).
    • Adds a 90% chance of either an asteroid field or a barren world on the outskirts of every vanilla star system. When there is this addition to the outskirts of the system, 95% of the time it will be an asteroid field.
    Personally, I think these little changes make for more realistic star systems. The chances of planets spawning have been increased from 25%-50% up to 50%-75%, depending on the orbit in question (middle orbits have smaller chances for planets).

You will, of course, have to either wipe your current universe or explore a new area of the one you've got to see any of the effects of this mod. It only affects newly generated star systems.

View of a gas giant with ten moons from the navigation panel:
    10 Moons Navigation.jpg
    Night-time high-altitude view of a planet from the same system (while I was piloting a shuttle):
    10 Moons.jpg
    Note: The above images were captured with the Celestials - Cosmos mod installed, which is why the gas giant is so pretty.

Mod Compatibility
    Here's a list of compatible star system-altering mods that I've tested and can confirm working cooperatively:
    • Better Barren
      • Any mod that just adds new planet types should work fine.
    • Frackin' Universe
      • Everything works for vanilla star systems.
      • Other new systems will get extra gas giant moons.
    • TrueSpace
      • No extra planets.
      • No extra asteroid field/barren world on the edge.
      • Will get more gas giant moons.
    • Unigen
      • Vanilla systems will get extra planets, but new types will not.
      • No extra asteroid field/barren world on the edge.
      • Will get extra gas giant moons.
    The steam version of this mod may be found here.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Images

1. Five Moon Gas Giant.jpg
    2. Five Moon View.jpg
    soul5991 likes this.

Recent Reviews

1. faennia
    faennia
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    Pretty nice mod!