1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Mob Spawn Alterations Nyaaa~

Alters the spawn-behaviour and rate of monsters.

1. Kayuko
    NOTE: Use this mod at your own risk. High spawnrates mean more mobs, which means Starbound needs more resources to run. This might cause FPS issues on high spawnrates.
    This mod does in no way corrupt / alter the player or universe file, it's safe plug&play, so it can be removed / added anytime and will lose / apply it's effect after a restart of your client.

This mod contains a few .modpaks yet, there'll be more to come to allow more customization:

NoMoreMobs -- Removes monsters entirely
    Very Light -- 0.5x Monster spawn rate
    Light -- 1.5x Monster spawn rate
    Medium -- 2.5x Monster spawn rate
    Heavy -- 5x Monster spawn rate
    Very Heavy -- 10x Monster spawn rate

There are sperate files for Night, Day and Complete.
    Those with a Day suffix alter the spawn of Day-mobs only.
    Those with a Night suffix alter the spawn of Night-mobs only.
    Those without a suffix alter every spawn (Note: This includes fish and non-time based monsters).

[​IMG]
    This is a base version.
    It will be altered very heavily to balance out the spawnrate of every single mob-kind.
    I also plan to add different behaviour for day- and for night-spawns.
    However, please keep in mind that there are 105 different kinds to be altered.
    I beg for your patience.

Installation instructions:

• Download the zip-file and extract it using 7zip or WinRar
    • Choose which of the modules you want to use
    • Copy the module (.modpak) in the following directory:
      • C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods
    • Start the game!
    If you've done everything right the mod-name will appear in the lower right corner on the title-screen.

Footnote: This mod was developed and tested in Nightly (Pleased Giraffe 0).
    It works in Stable, Unstable and Nightly.
    TheBigBlueSerpent and xsevenx like this.

Recent Reviews

1. rpg4e
    rpg4e
    5/5,
    Version: Nyaaa~
    plz update...
  2. RatixFarrence
    RatixFarrence
    5/5,
    Version: Nyaaa~
    Great for blank planets! I plan to use this mod later to keep random monster spawns out of the way while working in my wired/timed monster spawns in open environments. :)
  3. xsevenx
    xsevenx
    5/5,
    Version: Basic Beta
    awsome idea bin waiting forever for somethin like this the games bin boring the hell out of me cuz i hardly ever see any mobs but im not seeing any difference in the spawn rate with this i started over with this being the only mod installed it shows up in red in the main menu not sure whats up
    1. Kayuko
      Author's Response
      Well, which version are you using?
      (You should answer in the discussion thread since you can't answer reviews)