1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Mechanical Planets Mod V0.1

Taking “that’s no moon” to the next level

1. CiberX15
    Mechanical Planets Mod is a very simple mod at the moment that adds planets that are made entirely out of metal. They are meant to be remnants of an ancient and immensely technologically advanced civilization (perhaps those that built the Glitch) that are now abandoned scrap waiting to be rediscovered.

They are designed to be an abundant supply of advanced blocks for early game players who still want to make futuristic bases/ships. To compensate for the relatively early game access to high tech blocks I am trying to make them somewhat inhospitable. The temperatures make them somewhat difficult to survive on without some form of warmth at night and going forward I want to make it only spawn in beta sectors and above and also replace all water with lava to ramp up its difficulty. I would also like to make it only spawn robot (non-glitch) dungeons.

This is my first Starbound mod so let me know what you think : )

Images

1. mechanicalPlanetsOrbital.png
    2. mechanicalPlanetsSurface.png
    Pongozila, One! and Naga-Boss like this.

Recent Reviews

1. Pixelguru26
    Pixelguru26
    5/5,
    Version: V0.1
    Let's see... completely unique planet design... check!
    just a couple of ideas:
    1: I think it might fit a little better if the biome was a bit smoother with some mechanical-looking dungeons (if it's possible)
    2: perhaps something special around core-level? I don't know enough about starbound modding yet to know if this is possible.
  2. One!
    One!
    5/5,
    Version: V0.1
    Very good