1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Latexians Latexians Racemod

Latex, Hightech, PG Rated

1. Xentor Antarix
    The Latexians
    (Due a problem with the downloadbutton, please scroll down the whole text to an additional downloadlink)

[​IMG]
    The latexians are a race, made outof living latex.
    They live on a planet a bit outof the Galaxy, hidden in a colorfull nebular.
    Their essence exists in a special crystal, called the Vitalcrystal. This crystal gives the liquid Latex of their body it`s shape and bodystructure.
    The Latexians know that they are a "made" race. Long ago they found ruins on their planet, with a strange mashine. Old, found, records pointed to that this mashine was used to make the Vitacrystals.
    It is not known if the Latexians are a real artificial race, or if their makers did transfer their own essenc ein the Vitacrystals.
    The Latexians are a very curious, helpfull specy. They search ever for new knowledge and things they can learn.
    It is tradition in their culture that a Latexian must go several years on a travel, out in the universe to bring back new things to learn.
    And perhaps to find their real origin.

They love progress and hightech.

Modinfo:
    This is my first Mod, so for the starT: Sorry for the errors and imperfectness.

This Mod contains:
    - Custom ship (Level 0 - 8)
    [​IMG]
    The shipbackground is fully customiceable. (You can replace the complete backwall). You will find, that you can not reatch the briege of your ship without plattforms. Because you can so or so not use the ship, before you fixed the thrusters, I did not correct this. Till you have the Corefragments, everyone should be able to build plattforms, I guess :) .
    For Example:
    [​IMG]
    - Own weapons from Tier 1 - 10
    [​IMG]
    -- Zeroblade
    -- Laserpistol
    -- Plasmabow (Huntingbow)
    -- Atomaxe
    -- Crystalsword
    -- Teslaspear
    -- Impulsepistol
    -- Hellion (Plasmaminigun)
    -- Electronlaser
    -- THOR (Telsa cannon) (Warning destroys front and backblocks)
    -- Plasmasword
    -- Laserscythe
    - Own Armorsets from Tier 1 - 10
    [​IMG]
    The armors are equiped with worked in features.
    From Level 3 you get a slight glow (nightsight) effect
    From Level 5 you get a small bouncyeffect that protects you from falldamage
    From Level 6 you get a temporal shieldeffect, additional to the armorshield.
    PS for the shield: When the shieldeffect is worn off, you can eigther teleport to your ship to reinitiate it, or simple take your armor on and off (the chestpeace)

- Own Outfits
    - Latex Protector Uniforms
    - Latex cultist Robe
    - Latex Scientist Outfit
    - Latex trechcoat
    - Gasmask
    - Latexpants
    - Latexshirts
    - All outfits colorable

- Own furnitures
    [​IMG]
    -- Zero G Bed
    -- Chair
    -- Chest
    -- Cookingtable
    -- Sofa
    -- Door
    -- Lasergrill (the campfirereplacement)
    -- Refrigerator
    -- Subspacecabinet (a wardrobe)
    -- Console
    - Own resurrectionsequence
    - Own buildingmaterials

-- Latexpanels (Colorable)
    -- Latexplattforms (Colorable)
    Own AI Interface
    I made a HAL9000 like AI Interface (2001), natural animated and all. I never liked this hmmm animated head thingi :)
    [​IMG]

Own pet
    I worked out a own pet for the race. Say hello to sparky, a sentinent crystalbeeing from latexia,. to protect it`s sensetive body he lives in a tiny flying sourcer.
    [​IMG]

Latexian Teleporterdesign:
    And since we have now too own teleporters, natural too the latexians had to send in a design :)
    [​IMG]

New Craftingstations

To acess the blueprints (and future updateblueprints):
    Simple craft the 2 new Craftingstations , this will unlock all new Blueprints.
    Latexian Factory:
    This station handles the crafting of: Armor, Weapons, Clothing, Furniture and Objects (Like wallpanels)
    They are split in categorys like you know it from the vanilla craftingstations

Latexlab: The Latexlab allows you to craft Liquid Latex and Siliconeoil
    - Liquid Latex: this is used as craftingmaterial, but you can too fill a pool with. The Liauid has a slow effect and a bouncy effect
    - Siliconeil: Everyone who knows a bit about Latex, knows that Siliconoil is the best to take care of it. What means, this oil gives you an Energyregenboost, Healing and speedbosst (all temporary natural)

[​IMG]

Own colonists
    To spawn the new colonists, you need to build homes like regular, and add Latexian furniture.
    -- Normal villager
    (Minimum 1 Latexian furniture)
    -- Friendly guard
    (Minimum 1 LAtexian furniture and a Weaponchest)
    -- Cookmechand (Somehow he has the wrong pool for to sell goodies)
    (Minimum 1 Latexian Furniture and the Latexian cookingtable or Lasergrill)
    -- Scientist (Researcher)
    (Minimum 1 Latexian Furniture)
    -- Normal Merchand
    (Minimum 1 Latexian Furniture and a Latexian Chest or Subspacecabinet)
    -- Crewmembers
    (Obtainable like in vanilla gaming by Quests)

Many thanks to:
    - Kawa
    -Teihoo
    - metadep
    - healthire
    - and several others who helped me with my stupid scriptquestions.

Planned (In Progress) Features:
    - Perhaps once in far future a own Biom

PS:
    You need a raceextentionmod, that modraces work.
    For exmaple this one:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hasi1rnplwogrja/Latexians-Bugfix.rar?dl=0

PPS.: Due a temporal problem with the real downloadbutton. I give you here an extra Downloadlink to the file:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5w5nt84qgidg29t/latexian(patch).rar?dl=0
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. Jacobgamer93
    Jacobgamer93
    2/5,
    Version: Latexians Racemod
    Would love to download this mod, but unfortunately it has been deleted for like the 2nd time now it seems. Kind of disappointing. I mean, it looks like a fun mod but it is sadly no more.
  2. Ashtar084
    Ashtar084
    5/5,
    Ty this Race very gratefuul :)
  3. DeadSomething
    DeadSomething
    5/5,
    Nice work. As far as i can see, your spelling mistakes are only in the presentation and not in the actual mod.
    hopefully someone wil lmake an EBS addon for this.
    1. Xentor Antarix
  4. Sarduka
    Sarduka
    4/5,
    Version: Latexians (Colonists)
    Ist nicht schlecht und hat auf jeden Fall potential.
    Würde mich über eine Steam-Version freun
    1. Xentor Antarix
      Author's Response
      Wenn ich alle flüchtigkeitsfehler gefunden habe und nichtmehr so oft Updaten muß, ja. Denke habe aber jetzt sogut wie alle gefunden.
  5. The First Nova
    The First Nova
    4/5,
    Version: Combatibility Update
    Nice mod my only problem is that your English was . . . lacking we shall say.
    1. Xentor Antarix
      Author's Response
      English is not my motherlanguage.
  6. Quadrakiller
    Quadrakiller
    5/5,
    I still can't figure out why Chucklefish didn't hired you yet.
    The design, the idea, I can't even point out what's my favorite part of the race.
    1. Xentor Antarix
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the Flowers. but there are tons of mutch mutch better Mods than mine out there. (People who would deserve a Job at this Company I mean). Hey I mean I get not even till now how to fix the mod again that it works. I try to find the "incombatibilitys) but when one fixed only another apears. But thanks for the nice words.
  7. pcwasomeness2
    pcwasomeness2
    4/5,
    MY ONLY PROBLEM IS MY PET CAN DIE ITS LIKE S PIXEL FARM sry caps lock
    1. Xentor Antarix
      Author's Response
      Yes I know, but I know not why it does. And to be true I did not see this tiny pixelsource as so bad :-)
  8. josefdarks
    josefdarks
    5/5,
    es una raza muy bien echa la mejor que e visto nunca ademas le da un toque gotico poss punk espero que añada mas contenidos como mascaras de gas
    1. Xentor Antarix
      Author's Response
      Hmm I guess this is a posetive comment so I say thankyou (sorry I can only read german or english)
  9. darkus334
    darkus334
    5/5,
    This is a very well made race. i love it!
    Can i use some of the assets?
    i am making a custom race, and i need a base to make items from.
    1. Xentor Antarix
      Author's Response
      sure why not. If it helps you.
  10. Llamar
    Llamar
    4/5,
    This mod is awsome! only problem is you can kill your pet for unlimited pixels, as it will respawn.
    1. Xentor Antarix
      Author's Response
      Yes I know, but I know not where this is in the petscript.