1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Kitty Scarecrow Replacements 2016-03-26

Ferociously adorable guard kitties instead of boring ol' scarecrows

1. Jinxiewinxie
    [​IMG]
    What it do:

This changes all 8 of the scarecrows in the game to be cats on different pedestals/cat climbing tower thingies. Its pretty darn cute. Who wouldn't want ferocious guard kitties to keep the crows at bay?
    [​IMG]

Here's what changes:

[​IMG]
    **The screenshot sort of makes it look like there's two strange white pixels under the pedestal for some cats, but its just a compression problem with my image, those spaces are transparent in game.

Download:

Download Here on the Nexus (just click the file name or "download manually")

Installation Instructions:

• Download the mod
    • Extract the archive
    • Go to Stardew Valley/Content/TileSheets
    • Replace the Craftables.xnb file with the one from the download

**You can easily create a backup of your original Craftables.xnb file by renaming it to something silly. I do Craftables.xnbOLD for myself.

Credits:

Lots of thanks to @Korokos for their work on many different cat breeds in their Longhair Cats mod which inspired me to make this (even if I didn't use the sprites, I was still heavily influenced).

Likewise to @DibJib for giving me permission to use the Nyan cat sprite from their Nyan Pet Cat mod. Its lovely and basically reproduced here as-is.

Also to @Crazy_Leen for their Studio Ghibli Re-Textures mod, where I got the idea to replace my own scarecrows to be something cuter. The sprite used for Jiji (tail and pedestal) was rehashed and recolored in this mod.

Lastly to @WildSpirits for the calico breed available on their Pet Replacements mod, which inspired me to create my own version of the breed.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. eeveelutions24
    eeveelutions24
    5/5,
    Version: 2016-03-26
    In 1.1 it messes up with the colored chests. Any chance to fix it?
  2. MoonlitBrenya
    MoonlitBrenya
    5/5,
    This was the first mod I tried with this game, and I absolutely love it. Nice work!
  3. Aerithay
    Aerithay
    5/5,
    Love this mod! The cats are too cute ^^ I have Luna and Artemis guarding the front of my house :D
  4. kitsunespirit
    kitsunespirit
    5/5,
    Cute!!
  5. AngelicMango
    AngelicMango
    5/5,
    So cute! Looks good in-game :)
  6. asmudes
    asmudes