1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Kineptic Race Mod 12-22-2015

Magician Space Cats

1. December 2015 update

Quilavabom
    You'd be waiting another week if I had to come up with a creative title for this update.

Um, let's see here. I'll name a few things I remember adding in. The following list may or may not contain all the things I added:

• Three new crops
    • Several new food recipes
    • Kineptic villages now appear on desert planets
    • Village Guards (basic implementation)
    • Fixed AI popup dialog on during missions
    • Moved the blinking "E" graphic to where it needs to be
    • Two new blocks
    • Glyph...
  2. Brushing the Dust Off

Quilavabom
    It's been a long time coming, but it's finally here. I'm sorry it took so long. There was so much spriting to be done, and the thought of redoing so much put me off.

Some things did have to be taken out, but I hope the stuff that is added makes up for it. Unfortunately the dungeon was among the removed things. It was enough of a pain making the first time, and doing it again is just too much. I'm going to need an editor to do it, so it probably won't be until Chucklefish releases the custom...
  3. It's a Giraffe!

Quilavabom
    I've been putting this off for a while, but here ya'll go. Things have been hard for me lately, so I apologize for not having a proper change log for you this time around... as far as I can tell, though, this update should work. The game didn't crash when I loaded it up, anyway...

I redid a bunch of the sprites to try to better fit in with starbound's new sprites. Emphasis on try. Other than that, the past few months are a fuzzy blur. The mod's...
  4. Emergence

Quilavabom
    It's the moment all you've all been waiting for (unless you haven't): the kineptic now have a basic dugeon all their own, in the form of a settlement! They can spawn anywhere any other dungeon can spawn, so keep an eye out for them! They're still fairly basic, but the hardest part is out of the way. Adding new parts will be much easier from here on out.

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL!

You also get:
    • Plenty of new wooden furniture options
    • Lots of small trinkets to place on things...
  5. Multi-purpose tables

Quilavabom
    Have you ever found yourself thinking, "Gee, this table is such a great place for a nap... but what about when I don't need to nap? It sure would be nice to decorate it."

Thanks to a recent breakthrough in table technology, YOU CAN! Decorate your table, and sleep on it too! Now you can place dishes on it! Cover it with trinkets! Put another table on it! So versatile!

Alright, so, here's an update! There's not much in it besides some new furniture to build at the plinth and a bug-fix or...
  6. Great balls of fire!

Quilavabom
    Last update, you got fully-tiered armor going up to tier 10. Now, you get fireballs up to tier 10, too! Hopefully they're balanced! The crafting mechanism is a bit strange, and tiers 5-10 have extremely unimaginative recipes, but those tiers are probably gonna get thrown out with the next stable update, whenever that is.

Here's a more thorough change log:
    • Added two new... we'll call them "crops". They don't need tilled land to be placed
    • Microdungeon chests now contain either...
  7. Furniture in all the colors of the Nyan Cat

Quilavabom
    It is time for an update! Before I post the changelog, though, I have a question. I have a nightly build version for the magic space kitties. If you are interested in it, please post in the discussion thread letting me know! There's so much stuff in there that the kineptic would benefit from such as staves and some of the new projectile properties, and I'm eager to continue work on it--but I'll only pursue it if there's enough demand for it!

So, moving right along, here's what you have to...
    Sakura Aurora Lunaris likes this.
  8. The weakest link

Quilavabom
    Get it? Because the link didn't work?

I am so sorry. Hopefully this is the last update.
  9. How many kineptic does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Quilavabom
    I was contemplating the update title being "Failure is always an option", but the illumination spell is what was causing the problem.

Thank you for your patience with me! There is a slight chance the link might not work... I'm not sure. I'm paranoid about signing up for things, so this is my first time actually using drop box. Ice was uploading the file for me before.
  10. Now with 100% more clawable furniture

Quilavabom
    PAY CLOSE ATTENTION!
    I had to redo the names of all of the weapons. As such, you... might have to craft them again. SORRY! And some of the items you placed may pop off their spots and need to be replaced, namely the plinth and possibly the shrine.
    Also (and as always) You should back up your save file before updating! Here's what you've got to look forward to this time:

Several more furniture items to sink your claws into, craftable at the plinth.
    Many existing furniture items have...