1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Kevin MacLeod Music Pack 10/28/17

As you explore the cosmos, listen to music from everyone's favorite royalty-free music composer!

1. A major mod overhaul!

Shadow Wolf TJC
    v1.3:
    - Reorganized which music tracks play on which planets based first on difficulty (with lower-difficulty planets playing more pleasant/peaceful/calm music, while higher-difficulty planets play more tense/disturbing/menacing music), followed by time of day, then environment.
    - Added music tracks to various space encounters.
    - Added more music tracks than I can list, but the number of music tracks has been expanded to a staggering 211 music tracks!
    - With the introduction of...
    Musicscreen likes this.
  2. Fixed bug where Dr. Akaggy wasn't appearing in the Outpost

Shadow Wolf TJC
    As I was reviewing what changes needed to be done in order to bring my mods up-to-date for version 1.3 of Starbound, I noticed that Dr. Akaggy, the penguin scientist that gives you your mech, was nowhere to be found. Thankfully, replacing the outpost.json file fixed the problem.

Note that I've since found a few additional tracks that I might want to add to this mod pack, so stay tuned for another update soon.
  3. Fixing download link.

Shadow Wolf TJC
    Seems the download link was broken, so hopefully it's fixed. If not, then I've also provided an alternate link to the download's MediaFire page so that you can download it from there.
  4. Finally figured out how to edit Protectorate mission music!

Shadow Wolf TJC
    Just as the title says, and with it, I believe that this mod is feature-complete.
  5. Update for version 1.2

Shadow Wolf TJC
    With the release of version 1.2 comes the unveiling of post-game procedurally-generated vaults, which means more music tracks to add.

- Split music tracks away from data files in an effort to make the whole mod pack easier to update.
    - Added optional mod for changing the sounds from various music players and arcade cabinets.
    - Added new music track for Desert, Savannah, Jungle, Magma, and Volcanic biomes: "Curse of the Scarab"
    - Added new music track for Scorched, Magma, and Volcanic...
  6. Forgot to bundle some utility mods with the main mod.

Shadow Wolf TJC
    Oops! That's all I have to say. But I've just fixed that by now.
  7. Testing a more direct way to download mods...

Shadow Wolf TJC
    Like it says in the title, this is a test...

Edit: It works!
  8. Finally, an update for the full release of Starbound!

Shadow Wolf TJC
    After familiarizing myself with Starbound all over again, and after some playtesting, I've finally got this mod up to date, with a few additional bonuses:

- Added music tracks that play during boss battles.
    -- Added new music track for the final boss: "Killers"
    - Added new music track for Tier 6 planets: "Final Battle of the Dark Wizards"
    - Moons now use an ambient horror music playlist, since they're now devoid of all life, save for the occasional encounter with at least one of these new...
  9. Piano and horror themes galore!

Shadow Wolf TJC
    The mod's music playlist has been updated from 98 tracks to 143 tracks! Most of these new tracks were piano themes, but some were horror themes. For now, however, most of these horror themes are restricted towards the normally-inaccessible tentacle biome, but there are plans to create an addon for Frackin Universe, which does have some biomes that could benefit from these new horror themes.
  10. A new music track for the Outpost, and a new music track for most biomes.

Shadow Wolf TJC
    - New music track that plays in early-midgame biomes: "Unwritten Return"
    - Outpost now has a new music track: "Bathed in the Light"