1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Jaxine's Armory! 1.0.0.7

All of my Weapon Mods in one place!

1. Jaxine

JAXINE'S ARMORY2.png

NOTE, THIS MOD WILL NO LONGER BE UPDATED.

Heads up! Most of my recent activity has been JSON Coding items into the game. Way more fun knowing you can use them online and with friends, and there's no need to download and install. Check them out:
    Jaxine's Armory (JSON Code Items)

legendarykatanas.png muramasakatana.png masamunekatana.png sephirothicmasamune.png hylotlogsword1.png hylotlogsword2.png hylotlogsword3.png excalibur.png demonlordsblade.png protectoratebroadsword3.png protectoratebroadsword2.png Protector's Elitesword.png yeoldelengendblade.png
    armors.png
    eugine.png fiftycalsniper.png greenfingersbow.png

Sup!?
    All my Weapons are gonna go here now. You want them all at once? Well you can go ahead and slam that "Download Now" button in the top right with your mouse pointer thingy.

If you have any of the mods in this pack already installed, either don't add the new ones from this pack, or

"But Jaxine, half of your weapons suck. I just want the good ones!"

Well, "second verse same as the first". Hit "Download Now". You'll see how to cherry-pick your preferred mods when you scroll aallllll the way down to the "Instillation" section.

Contents:
    Installation Section!
    Install
    Uninstall

Get Them In Game!
    Weapons List!
    .50 Cal Anti-Materiel Rifle (.50 AMR)
    Eugine (Minigun)
    Ye Olden Legendblade
    Greenfinger's Bow
    Traditional Hylotl Armor
    Protectorate Armor & Commander Attire

Protector's Elitesword (and "Repaired" Protectorate Broadsword)
    Legendary Katanas
    Demon Lord's Blade
    Protectorate Elitesword
    Sephiroththic Masamune
    Hylotl Traditional Katana Rack Swords
    Legendary Sword Excalibur

Future Plans!
    Version History (Full Pack)
    Q&A Section
    Special Thanks / Contributes / Credits / Etc.
    Special Thanks
    Contributes
    Credits
    Etc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Installation Section!

Install:

Step X!!!)
    Delete "Traditional Hyoltl Katanas" from your mods folder. You only have to do this the one time.

Step 1!
    Right click on "JAXINE'S ARMORY!.zip", hit Extract.

Sep 2!
    Select witch weapons you want based on the named folders inside the main "JAXINE'S ARMORY!" folder.
    Or select all and paste all in Mods folder. That's fine too.
    DO NOT PUT THE WHOLE "JAXINE'S ARMORY" FOLDER IN THE MODS FOLDER.
    It will not work.
    (Tip: Set up your folder options to place check boxes by files.)

Step 3?
    Place selected folders in "starbound/mods" folder.

Step π!
    Kill things.
    Kill A LOT of things.
    With EXTREME prejudice.
    ESPECIALLY those annoying orange blob-things.
    Ohhhh God I hate those.

Uninstall:

Step 0!
    Open "starbound/mods" folder.

Step 9!
    Delete or relocate any of my mod folders. Refer to this page for the list.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get Them In Game!
    To get them in game, recipes will be learned when each item's rarest component is obtained. you can craft them with all the required components ant ANY anvil.

Or if ya wana cheat the system...
    - in chat type in "/admin"
    - then "/spawnitem" followed with a space
    - then the "item name" (listed at the bottom of each weapon's section below) to spawn it in.
    - Also, have your mouse courser beside or over your character. It spawns items where it's pointing.
    - You have to put in "/admin" again to disable god-mode.
    - Apparently, this does NOT dissable achivements. Wiorked for me, anyway.

ADVANCED :

You can spawn in LEVELED versions of each item as well. follow above instructions, accept for the second "/admin" command.
    - put a SPACE after the M NAME.
    - put a "1", then another SPACE.
    -put in EXACTLY what is in this code.
    Code:
    '{"level":X}'
    where the only acception is "X", witch is your level of choice. "1" being weakest, like iron. "7" is very high, like end-tier weapons and armor. "10" is the max for highest stats.

(I take no responsibility for anything going wrong with Command use.)

Weapons List!
    All weapons in the pack are described below.
    My newest are always first.

EUGINE.
    The Minigun. From Hell.
    eugine.png

Ok. This s#!t... isn't even fair. I'm not even going to lie to you, it's ridiculous. But dat CONSTANT STREAM OF EXPLOSIVE ROUNDS doh! IT SCATTERS YOUR ENEMIES ACROSS THE HORIZON AND PAINTS THE LANDSCAPE RED WITH THEIR BLOOD!! (I do not believe I am insane, nor do I admit having a problem.) It fires Armor Piercing Rounds as a secondary... as if you'd use it. We all know you won't. You'll try it once, be like "meh." and never right-click again.

JUST TO BE CLEAR, THIS THING IS OP. O-FREAKEN-P.
    So don't play the "balance" card on this one. Balanced version next time. If it's not OP enough, I'll make it OP.

Also it's named after the special, unique variant of the Minigun from Fallout 3.

Version:
    1.0 - Release.

Item Name

for "/spawnitem" command:

"eugine"

.50 Caliber Anti-Materiel Rifle
    (or just .50 AMR)
    fiftycalsniper.png

Got a Mech problem? Or just tired of enemies being dicks? Be one back with this high velocity rifle that will splatter them all over the terrain! Recommended you use a blood mod. This thing fires Armor Piercing Rounds by default, and Explosive Rounds as secondary. Also recommended to zoom the screen out to the max in your Options menu for better aim.

Version:
    1.0 - Release.

Item Name

"fiftycalsniper"

Ye Olden Legendblade
    yeoldelengendblade.png

This basic-looking sword is made to look like the default Legendblade sword looked like back in Starbound's early days. Back then, it was one of the rarer and stronger weapons. It was also the inspiration for my popular "Excalibur".

It is roughly the same in stats to the default Legendblade. It is NOT a replacer.

Version:
    1.0 - Release.

Item Name

"yeoldenlegendblade"

Greenfinger's Bow
    greenfingersbow.png

A Bow I came up with while using"Rock Bow" with my new Floran character. Said "this would look cool if it was like wooden branches". So it came to be. I didn't like the red feathers on the arrows... so I made my own. Also it won't have an arrow before or after you fire. More realistic that way.

Version:
    1.0 - Release.

Item Name

"greenfingersbow"

Protectorate Armor, Commander Outfit, and Traditional Hyoltl Armor
    armors.png
    From left to right: The Protectorate Armor or Power Armor, if you like), Commander's attire with pants, Commander's attire with skirt (both included), and Traditional Hylotl Armor.

The Protectorate Armor is on par with the three different sets of end-game armors, only instead of being better ate thing, it balances its stats to be a bit better overall.

The commander outfits are astetic. They might have some stats, but they're low.

The Hylotl Armor is one level past Tungsten.

Version:
    1.0 - Release.

Item Name

Protectorate Armor -
    "protectorateelitearmorhead", "protectorateelitearmorchest", "protectorateelitearmorlegs", "protectorateelitearmorepp"
    Protectorate Commander Outfit -
    "protectoratecommanderhead", "protectorateelitearmorchest", "protectorate2legs" (skirt), "protectoratecommandercape"

Traditional Hylotl Armor-
    "hylotltieroghead", "hylotltierogchest", "hylotltierogpants"
    (it says Hylotl Tier OG. OG being a gangster term for "original gangster". Also can be used to mean just "original" or "first".)

Protector's Elitesword (Empowerment)
    & "Repaired" Protectorate Broadsword
    [ATTACH]162958[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]162959[/ATTACH]
    Now my Elitesword has an Empowerment version! Does not replace old one. Have fun. Build with 25 Durasteel Bars, 10 Silicon Boards, 4 Batteries, and 1 Diamond.

And ever wanted to shine up the Broken Broadsword? Now you can. Costs you 30 Tungsten Bars.

Version:
    1.0 - Release.

Item Name

"protectorselitesword" (for empowerment one)
    "protectoratebroadsword3" (for basic one)

Legendary Katanas

masamunekatana.png legendarykatanas.png muramasakatana.png
    The Legendary Masamune Katana, said to be the finest sword of its kind ever crafted. Also said to cut only what must be cut, granting power to defend its wielder.
    Uses Physical damage, Spin Slash special, has a high swing speed, and is an endgame-tier weapon. Craft at a Blacksmithing station with 10 Solarium Stars and 7 Titanium Bars.

The Legendary Muramasa Katana, said to be posessed with an evil, bloodthirsty demon that awards its wielder with power in return for bloodshed.
    Uses Physical damage, Spin Slash special, has a high swing speed, and is an endgame-tier weapon. Craft at a Blacksmithing station with 10 Refined Volarium and 7 Titanium Bars.

Also included is a custom Codex called "Legend Of The Two Swords" for any of you lore fans out there. Tells the story of the two swords, their creators, and is all based off of real-life Japanese Legend. If you look close at the book cover, you can make out the Japanease Character "Ken", for "Sword".
    Obtain it by crafting it with your bare hands for 25 Pixels.

Version:

1.2 - Recipies changed. Muramasa now learns with Volarium.

1.1 - Weapon recipes learned when rarest component is obtained. Codex included.

1.0 - Release.

Item Name
    masamunekatana (Masamune)
    muramasakatana (Muramasa)
    legendarykatanas-codex (Legend Of The Two Swords Codex. Put the "-codex" in.)

Demon Lord's Blade

demonlordsblade.png

The Hellforged Demon Lord's Blade, said to only be attainable by the Overlords of Netherworld Realms outside the very fabric of our own existence. Ahnialation in the palm of your hand!
    Uses Fire damage, Traveling Slash special, has a high swing speed, and is an endgame-tier weapon. Craft at a Blacksmithing station with 13 Refined Volarium, 5 Scorched Cores, 7 Hardened Carapace, and 3 Core Fragments.
    Version:

1.2 Recipie Changed. Learns with Volarium.
    1.1 - Weapon recipes learned when rarest component is obtained.
    1.0 - Release.

Item Name
    demonlordsblade

Protectorate Elitesword

protectoratebroadsword2.png

A high end Sword used by Elite Officers of the Terran Protectorate in the form of an unbroken and upgraded version of the "Broken Broadsword".
    Uses Physical damage, Spin Slash special, and is a mid-endgame-tier weapon. Craft at a Blacksmithing station with 40 Titanium Bars and 20 Durasteel Bars.

Version:
    1.0 - Release.

Item Name
    protectoratebroadsword2

Sephiroththic Masamune

[​IMG]

An impossibly long katana that is said to be able to cut through anything like butter. If you can wield it.

Uses Physical damage, Spin Slash special, has a high swing speed, and is an endgame-tier weapon. Craft at a Blacksmithing station with 7 Solarium Stars, 30 Titanium Bars.

Version:

1.2 - Recipie changed. Now learns with Solarium.
    1.0 - Release.

Item Name
    sephirothicmasamune

Hylotl Traditional Katana Rack Swords

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Ever wanted to take one of those Hyoltl Sword Rack Katanas and swing it around? NOW YOU CAN! This mod adds three Hylotl Traditional Katana Swords; Crimson, Iron, and Gold.

Crimson Uses Physical damage, Super Spin Slash special, and is an earlygame-tier weapon. Craft at a Blacksmithing station with 2 Copper Bars and 4 Tungsten Bars.

Iron Uses Physical damage, Rising Slash special, and is an earlygame-tier weapon. Craft at a Blacksmithing station with 2 Iron Bars and 4 Tungsten Bars.

Gold Uses Physical damage, Spin Slash special, and is an earlygame-tier weapon. Craft at a Blacksmithing station with 2 Gold Bars and 4 Tungsten Bars.

Version:
    1.2 - Fixed typos. Main folder was Hyotl > Hylotl. So basically I boched update 1.1. Also fixed Iron Katana, typo "Iorn". REQUIRES OLD FILE 1.0 DELETED BEFORE NEW FILE INSTALLED! AGAIN!
    1.1 - Fixed crafting glitch where Tungsten Bars showed up as Generic Item. (Found by: LordRael, Chucklefish Forums.) Fixed folder name typo Hyloti > Hylotl. REQUIRES OLD FILE 1.0 DELETED BEFORE NEW FILE INSTALLED.

1.0 - Release.

Item Name
    hylotlogsword1 (gold)
    hylotlogsword2 (iron)
    hylotlogsword3 (crimson)

Legendary Sword Excalibur
    [​IMG]
    Take hold of this legendary sword and cut down your enemies.

Uses Physical damage, Spin Slash special, has a high swing speed, and is an endgame-tier weapon. Craft at a Blacksmithing station with 10 Solarium Stars, 20 Titanium Bars, 20 Silver Bars, and 3 Diamonds.

Version:

1.3 - Recipe changed.
    1.2 - Weapon recipes learned when rarest component is obtained.
    1.1 - Removed Super Spin Slash, replaced it with regular Spin Slash. The super was annoying to use. Also increased swing speed.
    1.0 - Release. Uses Physical damage, Super Spin Slash special.

Item Name
    excalibur

___________________________________________________________________________________

Future Plans!
    This is where I outline anything I'm either working on, or plan to make in the future. Keep in mind, I'm more of a Blacksmith than I am an Armorer or Gunsmith. Melee weapons are the focus.

Started:

Floran Spear, a basic wood handled spear for Tribal Florans. Better than hoping to find a nice looking random one. Swings like a broadsword though.

Regular Minigun, being just a basic, high rate of fire chaingun that is far less OP than Eugine.

Buster Sword, Cloud Strife's main weapon in Final Fantasy VII. This is gonna be a large-ass sword.

Dragonslayer, Guts' massive weapon from Berserk. This thing is going to be the largest weapon I make, by far.

Thousandlimbs, Guts pre-Dragonslayer sword from Berserk. Name was taken from its crossover appearance in Dragon's Dogma.

Planned:
    Probly not doing Katanas for a bit unless requested xD

Xylia Shifra Scimitar, a one-handed overhead swinging sword that works like the Soulseeker, or a one-handed axe without the charge up. Will make an awesome Pirate Sword too. (As requested by Xylia)
    Lightsabers, based off the Solus Katana, so they will "extend" on first swing and stay that way until you sheathe them or switch weapons. Expect Blue, Green, and Red, all with silver handles, dark grey handles, curved handles and crossguard handles. all one handed, but might use Soulseeker animations over the standard (crap) one-handed swings.

More Light...Weapons? if the first batch of Lightsabers take off, there will be a two-handed knight-sword Lightsaber, a long, thin two-handed katana-like Lightsaber, and a double sided Lightsaber with Spear animations.

Version History (Full Pack)

Added Protectorate Armor set, Protectorate Commander set with cape and optional pants or skirt, Traditionallotl Armor, Folran style Greenfinger's Bow, a .50 Caliber Anti-Materiel rifle with armor piercing / explosive rounds, the Legendblade from Starbound's Beta days, and a FREAKING MINIGUN NAMED EUGINE.

Extreme bug-stomping, turning into a full on PURGE with absolute MAXIMUM prejudice and EXCESSIVE use of CAPITAL LETTERS. It was not fun.

Added Protectors Elitesword. Similar to my Protectorate Elitesword, only it now has Empowerment!! (Requested by dafax)
    (Credit to Inf_Wolf14, helped on coding)
    Added a "Repaired" Broken Broadsword, simply called "Protectorate Broadsword".
    Added Q&A entry to explain my Protectorate Swords better.
    Recipies re-evaluated.
    Excalibur now also requires 20 Silver.
    Sephirothic Masamune requires Solarium instead of Gold.
    Muramasa now requires 10 Volarium, no Scortched Cores. Learns with Volarium.
    Masamune's Solarium is now 10.
    Demon Lord's Blade requires 13 Volarium, learns with Volarium.
    Protectorate Elitesword sprite's crossguard "wings" removed. Damaged lowered for balance. Alternate sprite is still available in file with installation instructions.

All weapon recipes learned when rarest component is obtained. Fixed folder name typo that I screwed up in last update, Hyoti > Hylotl. REQUIRES OLD FILE 1.0 DELETED BEFORE NEW FILE INSTALLED! AGAIN!

Added in "Legendary Katanas" pack. Fixed crafting glitch for "Traditional Hyoltl Katanas where Tungsten Bars showed up as Generic Item. (Found by: LordRael, Chucklefish Forums.) Fixed folder name typo Hyloti > Hylotl. REQUIRES OLD FILE 1.0 DELETED BEFORE NEW FILE INSTALLED.

Supposed to be 1.0.0.2, idk what happened. Added "Protectorate Elitesword" and "Demon Lord's Blade". Also added "contents" page, "get them in game" section, and "Item ID" names.

Release

Q&A Section

Some questions I have either been asked, or may very well get asked.

Q:What's the difference between all the Protectorate swords?
    A:
    "Protectorate" Are the standard issue versions of the swords.
    "Protector's" are the high-tier "Empowerment" swords.
    "Broadsword" are the regular length blades.
    "Elitesword" are the longer blades.

brokenprotectoratebroadsword.png
    Broken Broadsword, Base Game. Broken version of Protector's Broadsword.
    protectoratebroadsword.png
    Protector's Broadsword, Base Game. Upgraded at Outpost in Endgame from Broken Broadsword.

protectoratebroadsword3.png
    Protectorate Broadsword. My Mod. A standard issue Terran Protectorate sword, or just a plain, unbroken version of the Broken Broadsword. In between above two swords.
    protectoratebroadsword2.png
    Protectorate Elitesword. My Mod. Terran Protectorate Elite Officer's sword. Same as above with longer blade and more power.
    Protector's Elitesword.png
    Protector's Elitesword. My Mod. Ultimate Terran Protectorate Elitesword for Utmost-Elite Officers, such as Generals and the Grand Protector.

Q: Are you going yo be uploading more weapons and keeping updated"
    A: Hell yeah.

Q: Why bundle? Why not just upload each file on its own?
    A: Tried that. TOS don't like it. This is kind-of better anyway.

Q: Can you make me a weapon?
    A: Yes. But, its going in my mod pack. You'll be credited as the Designer, and myself as the mod creator. You'll still be able to upload the weapon and whatever.

Q: Can I edit, re-upload, or use your mods to make my own?
    A: Yep. Credit me. Also PM me a link, I wanna try em out.

Q: The mod isn't showing up in game?
    A: News to me. They're all tested extensively to work. Contact me, I'll help ya out.

Q: Can I get recolors and different specs on these weapons?
    A: Yep you can. But I'm not doing it lol (Unless I like you alot)

Q: Thought I seen some other mods of yours, but there gone. Why?
    A: Probly wasn't TOS friendly. Look me up on the Nexus, you'll find some of my other mods there.
    http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/searchresults/?

Q: Why 1.0.0.1, 1.0.0.2, etc? Why not just 1.1, 1.2?
    A: 01100011 01110101 01111010 00100000 01101001 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101110.
    Real A: That way the Pack Version isn't confused with each Weapon Version.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Thanks / Contributes / Credits / Etc.

Special Thanks
    First, big THANKS to all Downloaders!
    EPIC THANKS to Reviewers and Bug-Finders!

To The_Daily_Herp (Chucklefish Forums),
    First ever review on my first ever mod!

To Phantaeon (Chucklefish Forums),
    Probly prevented me getting warned lol.
    To Lindazana (Chucklefish Forums),
    Definitely prevented me from getting warned, or maybe banned xD
    To Inf_Wolf14 (Chucklefish Forums)
    For his help (see below)

Contributes
    Inf_Wolf14 - Protector's Elitesword Help.

Credits
    *Sephirothic Masamune owned by Squerenix.
    *Eugine Minigun inspired by "Eugine", unique weapon in Fallout 3.
    *Some sprite and most all code / other assets belong to original Game Makers and such.

Etc.
    Have Fun!

*Jaxine, Jaxine's Armory, and all affiliates of the previously stated do not accept liability or responsibility for any maiming, murder, genocide, destruction or any other form of use or misuse of any item from any or all of this mod pack may and most likely will cause. Players are to remember not to run with sharp objects and to point firearms away from own face. If player chooses to point firearms at one-self, consult a mental health specialist immediately and do not continue being stupid. Players are also reminded to play in a well lit area at all times. Failure not to do so may result in some if not possibly all of the following: eye strain, drowsiness, headaches, loss of brain cells, cancer, ebola and third degree death. Players are reminded to take regular bathroom breaks. Failure to do so may and with your luck, most likely will cause the following: pissing one-self, shitting one-self, bladder infection, constipation, bleeding, stupidity, doctor's appointments and death. maybe. Players are reminded to make sure one-self can distinguish a game from reality. if one finds themself beating prostitutes with a baseball bat, taking their money, and stealing a car in broad daylight outside a video game, consult either a mental health specialist or the authorities immediately. if you read all this, you may want to question what you spend your time doing. this is sixty-five percent meaningless crap. thank you.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Images

1. protectoratebroadsword2.png
    2. upload_2016-10-6_20-34-58.png

Recent Reviews

1. Dark Slayer
    Dark Slayer
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.0.7
    Thanks a lot buddy! I love the Hylotl katanas, the iron one looks like my wakizashi hehehehe.
  2. Crusism
    Crusism
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.0.7
    Whether you're looking to unload a big gun, or to swing a bunch of swords, or to have additional Protectorate gear, or you're just seriously wondering why that Hylotl Furniture Weapons and Armour aren't equipable in the first place and that you need a mod for this to sate both your OCD and your Japanisevil culture-neediness (because life's fun and that), this collection of essentials (or at least one of them will be for you) - along with the ability to choose specifically from this collection to have installed to your Starbound experience - has got you covered. 5/5
  3. Baron46
    Baron46
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.0.6
    something i'm find :
    1.empower-elitesword.recipe is bit out in-order
    2.same for elitesbroadsword.recipe(you put 2 input in)
    3.refined violium has no name(put in shortdescrition in)
    request :
    excaliber shoud have bladechaged ability
    1. Jaxine
      Author's Response
      Violium is fixed. As for Excalibur... have a very, very nice ability already made for it. Supreme Excalibur is on its way...
  4. Akito_Rui33
    Akito_Rui33
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.0.6
    Edit: This is a revised & updated review for this mod.
    Tested and now working in Stable 1.0

Pros:
    -Excellent choice of weapons, raging from western Excalibur to japanese Murasame.
    -Does not spoon feed you, instead requiring you to obtain the rarest ingredient in the weapon before unlocking them. This prevents player from obtaining end game weapons early on, which is a good thing and scales well.

Cons:
    -May be cumbersome for those who already had obtain and used the rarest ingredient before installing the mods. They are not automatically registered and are required to collect or pickup the relevant ingredients again. (unless you cheat mode it)
    -Special attacks lacking in variety.

Overall, this is an excellent mod. The end game weapons are not too overpowered and game breaking, and the mod itself scales well with your progress in the game. I would rate it a 5/5.
    Here's hoping more update on this mod in the future. Looking forward to it, and keep up with the good work.
    1. Jaxine
      Author's Response
      Thanks!
      To the component thing, just makes you work for it. Immersive!
      And as for the special abilities, yeah. I gotta do more Elemental wepons. As far as physical goes, you got Spin Slash and Rising Slash. Maybe Blade Charge. Everything else kinda sucks. Alot. Especially Super Spin Slash and its damned helicopter complex.
  5. Akito_Rui33
    Akito_Rui33
    2/5,
    Version: 1.0.0.5++
    Did not work in Stable 1.0.
    What a waste, cause it's really a fantastic selection of weapons :(
    1. Jaxine
      Author's Response
      This has been resolved.
  6. dafax
    dafax
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.0.4
    Maybe you can change the special of Protectorate Elitesword from spin slash to empowerment in a future?
    Great spritework! it looks like if these weapons were vanilla
    1. Jaxine
      Author's Response
  7. Ax Stark
    Ax Stark
    5/5,
    A mod which looks very promising and which combines many weapons from the same person.
  8. bluestorm2112
    bluestorm2112
    5/5,
    A good selection of new weapons with great art.