1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Interaction Control 1.1

Don't touch. Or do!

1. ItsTheKais
    Born from my desire for my crew to look like they were "running" my ship instead of just hanging out on it, this mod adds a new tool called the Authorizor, which is crafted at the Wiring Station and can be used to control how NPCs interact with objects. While holding the Authorizor, left-click on an object (such as a console, teleporter, or water cooler) to allow NPCs to interact with it, and right-click to deny. A green O indicates that access is granted, a red X indicates that access is denied, and a yellow ? means that the object does not suppost NPC interactions.

Slightly more technical explanation: some objects have an "npcToy" parameter which contains subparameters specifying if and how NPCs can interact with that object. One of these subparameters, "ownerOnly", is a true/false value that prevents entities other than the one that created it from interacting with it, and the Authorizor works by setting this to false on left-click and true on right-click. It will also add the "ownerOnly" parameter and set it appropriately if it does not exist. This change applies only to that specific instance of that object and does not persist if the object is picked up and replaced. Note that not all objects that allow NPC interactions do so through npcToy settings (for example: doors, chairs, beds), and the Authorizor will not have any effect on these objects.

Objects that have been tweaked by this mod are vanilla-friendly, but the Authorizor tool itself is not. When visiting a server that doesn't have this mod, my recommendation for avoiding crashes is to store the Authorizor on a planet, return to your ship, and then uninstall the mod before joining the server. After leaving, remember to reinstall the mod before you return to where you left the Authorizor, or it will turn into a Perfectly Generic Item!

This mod should not be incompatible with any other mods. The Authorizor should work on all modded objects, as long as they use the npcToy parameters correctly.

npctoycontroller.png
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    DaftenEvan likes this.

Recent Updates

1. 1.1

Recent Reviews

1. artguk
    artguk
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    Woooooooow!!!
  2. IndigoTail
    IndigoTail
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    Nice. Now my Engineers and Mechanics can look a lot more useful.
  3. Ravoz
    Ravoz
    4/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Pretty good, now my crew can press consoles!