1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Hylotl Hatmaking Bench 1.5 for Pleased Giraffe

Modify Hats, Helmets, Circlets, Masks and Glasses for Hylotl

1. ThePhoenix
    Adds a Hylotl Hatmaking Bench, which can be crafted from 20 wood planks at a crafting table. The Hatmaking Bench is used to modify headgear to accommodate the third eye Hylotl have.

Changes can be reverted on the Hylotl Hatmaking Bench too, by crafting the modified hat into the appropriate hat box, which can be placed and smashed/broken to recieve the standard version of the hat. (I did it this way as opposed to simply crafting them back because I didn't want to accidentally give access to any default recipes the headgear has. Also smashing hat boxes with oversized swords is fun.)

Headgear I have done so far are: (38 in total)

• Alien Alpaca Mask
    • Defector's Mask
    • Hatchling's Circlet
    • Banana Mask
    • Bandit's Hat
    • Bedouin Head Armor
    • Glow Mask
    • Makeshift Helmet
    • Tricorne Hat
    • Caustic Stag Helmet
    • Chef Hat
    • Crown (from fairy outfit)
    • A Fancy Hat
    • Sprout's Circlet
    • Frost Crown
    • Crown (Glitch)
    • Knave's Helm
    • Soldier's Helm
    • Gnome Hat
    • Hazmat Mask
    • Scouter's Visor
    • Insidious Mask
    • Light Helm
    • Miner's Helmet
    • Deputy's Hat
    • Pirate Bandana
    • Predatory Mask
    • Reed Hat
    • Safety Helmet
    • Scientist Glasses
    • Snow Infantry Helmet
    • Strawberry Mask
    • Symbiote
    • Handy Space Helmet
    • Neat Welder's Helmet
    • Vicious Mask
    • Wild Fungus Cap
    • Wizard Hat

I am going to keep adding more, possibly until I have done all of them. Please comment if there are any you want me to do sooner rather than later, or if you have suggestions for improving the ones I have done so far.

Some original headgear can also be crafted on the Hylotl Hatmaking Bench. So far this consists of: (2 in total)
    • Moist Contact Lenses. Invisible headgear, crafted from 20 pixels.
    • Eye-Framing Headband. Black headband, crafted from 10 cloth.
    You can craft and use the Hylotl Hatmaking Bench regardless of character species.

Gallery
    CraftingIt.png InterfaceHatsV1.3b.png InterfaceBoxesV1.3.png HatsV1.1c.png HatsV1.4-p1.png HatsV1.3-p2.png

Installation
    • Download the .zip file.
    • Ensure Starbound is not open.
    • Extract/copy the .modpak file from the .zip to your Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods folder.
    Updating
    • Download the .zip file.
    • Delete the HylotlHatmakingBench.modpak file or HylotlHatmakingBench folder from your Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods folder.
    • Extract/copy the .modpak file from the .zip to your Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods folder.
    Uninstallation
    • If you don't want your modified headgear to be lost, becoming Perfectly Generic Items, revert it to normal by crafting and breaking hat boxes before uninstalling.
    • Delete the HylotlHatmakingBench.modpak file or HylotlHatmakingBench folder from your Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods folder.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. suga2010
    suga2010
    5/5,
    Version: 1.5 for Pleased Giraffe
    Lovely mod, thanks for all your hard work!
  2. sparta767
    sparta767
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3 for Upbeat Giraffe
    good for Hylotl
  3. Echochu
    Echochu
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2 for Upbeat Giraffe
    Works great! Thanks very much!
  4. consequenz
    consequenz
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1 for Upbeat Giraffe
    Great job, Thanks! Three eyes is better than two anyway ;)