1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Hull Plating Blocks & More 35.0 (Concrete Tileset)

Blocks that resemble parts from ship backgrounds, plus some other odds and ends.

1. Glad Giraffe Fixes and More

simulatoralive
    Since I made multiple releases during the forum outage, I'll list those changes in order:

This was the Trim Tool Hot Fix, where I re-built all of the trim tools so they could work on Glad Giraffe. They're now roughly 10x faster and far less buggy, but for the moment, I haven't quite gotten around to limiting their range. I also gave many of them new sounds in the process.

This was the Audio Hot Fix for Glad Giraffe that switched every reference to a sound file from a '.wav' extension to a '.ogg' extension. To be honest, it just ticks me off that this was necessary. They should have just done it that way from the beginning.

This added 3 new material modifier tools: Dent Maker, Freeze Ray and the Oxidation Enhancer, which are learned by holding the alternate Ore Hull Plans.

The Dent Maker adds a mildly dented patch to blocks. It's made at the Anvil/Metalwork Station/Replicator.

The Freeze Ray adds a frosty-looking patch to blocks. It's made at the Replicator.

The Oxidation Enhancer adds a slightly rusty looking patch to blocks. It's made at the Replicator.

The only one of these that turned out like I hoped was the Freeze Ray, so the artwork on the material modifiers for the other two are quite likely to change.

Finally, we come to the current release. This is a re-skin of all the carbon fiber blocks. I completely re-did them using the shadowing technique I used to make all the carbon fiber objects.

This required darkening the texture slightly, but the result is that every part of the block is textured, giving a much more complex appearance, while still keeping the decorative motif.

Demo/Sampler Images
    Hull Plating Blocks (Ore-Derived).jpg
    Hull Plating Blocks (Material Modifiers).jpg
Return to update list...