1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Freeform Stations 2017-06-10

Building anywhere in space

1. tehcavy
    Basicaly, I think station framework forces you into a straightjacket of unbreakable, unchangeable hull.

stationunlock1.png

This mod replaces the starting area of player station with this little thing, which would allow you to build anything you like in space. Also, those blocks are all indestructable, so that you'll always have at least one piece of solid land. Stations made before installing this mod would remain unchanged, you'd need to create a new station.

stationunlock.png

Word of a warning: game treats every area without the wall as gravityless space, so mind where you jump to. However, it also treats an area where blocks were placed and then removed as having gravity, so that is something to keep in mind during navigation. And I'd recommend avoiding area to the right when piloting mech, it is considered to have gravity and so mech would start behaving strangely.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Reviews

1. Ruko
    Ruko
    1/5,
    Version: 2017-06-10
    Mod requires update for current version of game. There is no gravity outside of the small building area and I still need to use admin commands before I can begin building beyond this anyway.
    If I wanted to freebuild in zero gravity and need to use admin commands to enable it, I would just not install a mod at all :S
  2. LookItUp
    LookItUp
    3/5,
    How do I build around the station?
  3. NAKE SNAKE
    NAKE SNAKE
    5/5,
    Exellent
  4. niton
    niton
    5/5,
    very cool mod for starbound with the aid of it I have other mods working
  5. Sock_Bunny
    Sock_Bunny
    5/5,
    This was something that the devs should've added
  6. bedbug1226
    bedbug1226
    5/5,
    Great Mod! I had to do some commands to get it working with the latest 1.3.1 update but it works great after that.

You'll need to get the dungeon ID of the spaces you cant place over. Use the /debug command to enable debug, and hover your cursor over such an empty space, then find the number in the debug output. Once you have it, use /settileprotection with the appropriate dungeon ID, e.g. /settileprotection 65532 false.

The commands i used to build around the station are in the following order
    /admin
    /settileprotection 0 false
    /settileprotection 65535 false
    /settileprotection 65532 false

when finished do the opposite
    /settileprotection 0 true
    /settileprotection 65535 true
    /settileprotection 65532 true
    /admin
  7. Shadox2.0
    Shadox2.0
    5/5,
    Nice mod , curious to see if you will add things in the future :p
    Anyways thx you.
  8. lordglythglyth
    lordglythglyth
    5/5,
    what blocks did you use for the station in that pi ture n is ther e a way to replicate the green swirly door laser things ?
    1. tehcavy
      Author's Response
      "Swirly thing" is an oblect named Docking Field, but it's purely decorative. I used Sloped Inset Panel, Glass, Metal Railing, Wall Panel and Lunar Base Block; little thing you spawn on is mostly composed of Hull Panel painted white.
  9. spinodino
    spinodino
    5/5,
    I'm so glad somebody did this, I've wanted to make my personalized station for awhile now. Now I can add nice little features!
  10. ILOVEDUCKS
    ILOVEDUCKS
    5/5,
    GREAT FOR BUILDERS.