1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

FrackinUniverse 6.4.0

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. hellenicshaco
    hellenicshaco
    5/5,
    Version: 4.19.6
    Very interesting and beautiful mod but that I really want to see is some background of solar system stars we currently are but still everything is nice keep it up the good work!
  2. cchao0705
    cchao0705
    5/5,
    Version: 4.19.6
    love it!
  3. ixidron
    ixidron
    4/5,
    Version: 4.19.2
    This is a great mod, something everyone should download. It's basically a free expansion pack that has even more content than the original game. However, it's not without its flaws.

Pros:

-Tons of stuff for free, dungeons, biomes, weapons, armors, decoratives, you name it.

-Brand new universe to explore, full of new resources, unique assets, threats and monsters.

-New stuff to do, beekeeping, booze brewing, genetic engineering, new farmables.

-New and unique weapons and armors, each with their own exclusive touch and utility.

Cons:

-The progression system, this is the main reason I'm not rating this mod with the 5 stars it deserves. While this mod has tons of weapons and armor you end up skipping most tiers, either because they are incredibly complex to craft for something you are going to use for a very limited time or because they are not good enough compared to the vanilla stuff.

-Crafting redundancy and complexity. I don't mind the high resource requirements, but what I find annoying is that to craft something I need to keep a post-it with the basic materials I need.
    I remember trying to craft a furnace, which required 2 energy cores, a quantum processor and a bunch of metal alloys. The funny thing is the energy cores also required quantum processors.
    That's my main complain, to craft something you need to craft another 40 somethings before that and it's hard to keep track of all of it.
    Now I'm not saying that they should get rid of components, but they should get rid of redundancies on their recipes and reduce the amount of steps while still keeping the amount of materials.

Following the example of the furnace, it requires 2 power cores which require 1 quantum processor each, which requires 2 advanced processors each, which requiere 2 circuit boards each, which require copper wire. So you are crafting components, to craft components, to craft components...
    1. sayter
      Author's Response
      complexity is intended , but you aren't incorrect. In some cases I am not even aware of redundancies (like the quantum thing you mentioned) since I have no way to memorize all the data :)
  4. Cyra
    Cyra
    5/5,
    Version: 4.19
    It's incredible, that's it
  5. Fluke2
    Fluke2
    5/5,
    Version: 4.19
    So many goodies packed together it's like trail mix for Starbound its delicious!
  6. Calanon7
    Calanon7
    5/5,
    Version: 4.18.1
    Thank you very much for this mod.
  7. Eliza1090
    Eliza1090
    4/5,
    Version: 4.18.1
    extremely great mod in every way yes, but i rated only 4 stars cause i hate removing the player's light aura... its hard to see now when i am building anything in night.. and the night can be a long time..... also using other alternative lights does not help greatly, and still gives me a headache which stops me from focusing on my build idea/plan... so please consider making a version with the aura restored to vanilla... this should have been optional from the start!.
    1. sayter
      Author's Response
      No. Having a player aura completely removes the immersion and threat of Lightless and Shadow worlds. This change was made as a gameplay decision to keep the threat looming and encourage lighting. Building a Xenon pack is trivial and solves this issue...and its a vanilla starbound pack. Use it.
  8. RiotZanber
    RiotZanber
    5/5,
    Version: 4.18.0
    Oh god there is so much to do and so much to discover. :D
  9. lammaer
    lammaer
    4/5,
    Version: 4.16.3
    Definitely recommended, but after the initial joy of the insane amount of crafting items I had a bit of bat taste at the end.

Pro:
    - stable, well developed mod

- the unlock system of new items/recipes is excellent: it was really fun to see what will be unlocked when I find a new ore or craft a new item/component

- hunting for the new resources make exploration worthy and interesting

- the mining tools are very useful and complement the matter manipulator well (don't make the original MM outdated until the very end of the game)

- the new biomes make exploration and planets interesting.

- ranged weapons are interesting, they are not just differ in damage but in damage mechanic as well. Most of them feels like unique. Damage and DPS stats are often misleading, as they seem to be weak in numbers but due to the nature of how the damage delivered (eg often damage is area effect or shell spread upon hitting the enemy)

Con:
    - The BIGGEST issue for me: weapon and armor progression is unbalanced. Often freshly unocked weapons and armors are weaker what you already have, regardless that their material requirements are higher. This is especially true in case of armors - while there are tons of armors, 3-4 sets were usable for me as I progressed (im not counting the very endgame armors :) ).

- insane amount of crafting materials make crafting tedious and sometimes painful. I had the feeling that less could be more in this case :)

- I miss the good usage of new herbs and plants. Like they could be used for food crafting or medical potions. Overall they are unimportant, do not really add to the game experince, especially when you take into account how they add to the complexity.
    1. sayter
      Author's Response
      weapon balance has been a constantly tweaking thing, and are now pretty much right where they ought to be. So that part of your review, while accurate, is no longer really a problem. Especially armors, since those got a complete rebalancing and re-tiering recently. All are exactly where they should be, and are mirrors or side-grades to the vanilla armors. So, you are mistaken there (or potentially didnt realize how useful some of their buffs are)

Won't argue with the tons of materials bit. That's intentional, though and well known :)

herbs and plants having more uses is something we've been planning out. Bear in mind any such change requires rebalancing over 100 recipes, objects, produce items, stat effects and other such things. Not a small feat. Plus the addition of even more items to the pool for said items. The primary purpose was to make plants provide diffrent buffs, which they do. They are only going to to what you make of them, in terms of gameplay value. Personally, I use a lot of the plants. Others use other items instead. That's preference :)
  10. gabrielog92
    gabrielog92
    5/5,
    Version: 4.15.1
    Best mod for starbound.. give it a try!
  11. finler3
    finler3
    5/5,
    Version: 4.14.2
    I love it! it adds so much stuff to it!
  12. Xira
    Xira
    3/5,
    Server won't load. Only this mod + Frackin Races + Frackin Universe installed. This is why you modpak stable releases, people:D
    1. sayter
      Author's Response
      you can easily pak it up yourself. Also, we manage to run it just fine on a server with only FR + FU + FM using the github builds. So the issue is not on us.

You could also consult the myriad of tutorials out there on how to do this stuff to prevent such issues. Either way, hardly something to knock two-stars off lol. Have a good one.
  13. nuveeseal
    nuveeseal
    5/5,
    Just amazing
  14. Baron46
    Baron46
    4/5,
    Okay, did you update the bees and starbooze mod? i know it's other people assets but since it's part of your(team) mod, you can do little change in it,right??
    also holyshit this mod big as my one daily anime(it's70mb-100+mb)
    1. sayter
      Author's Response
      many, many updates.
  15. rpg4e
    rpg4e
    5/5,
    Version: 4.13
    I like big mods and I can not lie
    You other conversions can't deny
    That when a mod walks in with an itty bitty waist
    And a round thing in your face
    You get sprung, want to pull up tough
    'Cause you notice that mod was stuffed...

This mod just feels like the pretty thing Sir Mix-A-Lot sung about.. comparatively... :D
    ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reTx5sqvVJ4 )
  16. wertimmm
    wertimmm
    5/5,
    #_Doge_ I have the same error.When this happens you must go to another planet
  17. _Doge_
    _Doge_
    5/5,
    THE BEST MOD EVER! but i have a issue. When i have the mod and i explore the planet a little bit the game teleports me back to the ship. Pls help!!

EDIT:Soo now i cant even enter a planet. When the loading screen ends i teleport back to the ship for no reason :C
    1. sayter
      Author's Response
      not for no reason. You haven't updated starbound to 1.1 yet. Without 1.1 you cannot use the new update. No exceptions.
  18. Megsoiluj
    Megsoiluj
    5/5,
    One of the biggest mod I had ever seen in my life.
  19. meach dragon
    meach dragon
    5/5,
    this mod just makes this game better and all
    that I kinder makes me wish that I have the know how
    to make something like this you konw
  20. Letantai1115
    Letantai1115
    5/5,
    Version: 4.12 RC0.1
    A+ + + + + - +