1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

FrackinUniverse 6.4.0

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Petalwatch
    Petalwatch
    5/5,
    Version: 4.11 RC 0.12
    a+
  2. qualiyah
    qualiyah
    5/5,
    Great mod. Some people might find it a bit too complicated or overwhelming, given how much content is added, but it's very well executed and professional, and I really like all the extra content.
  3. Sonsalt
    Sonsalt
    5/5,
    What a great mod, so much amazing new features. This really gives so much more depth to the game, no pun intended >D
  4. DimmaDunk
    DimmaDunk
    5/5,
    I absolutely did not expect the Cthulhu themed quest and dungeon and the Shoggoth boss, I absolutely fell in love with this mod after finding out, only problem I'm having is the Advanced Centrifuge not working as intended with Uranium and other radioactive ores, it does absolutely nothing. And some genes can only be extracted from plants...that require those very same genes to be created, it's impossible to get e.g the Electrogenic gene by normal means.
    1. sayter
      Author's Response
      False. Centrifuge works fine. On rods, not ore. As intended. Also, all genes have a non-crafted source. Some are simply rare or hard to find. Glad you liked the mission. More to come later:)
  5. AlexVR1
    AlexVR1
    5/5,
    10/10
  6. IonizeRR
    IonizeRR
    5/5,
    Excelent!!!
  7. Assassin001rus
    Assassin001rus
    5/5,
    I tryed this mod and well...........those guns, i love them, all of them
  8. StrykerX
    StrykerX
    5/5,
    Version: 4.0 git-steam 17
    One of the best mods ever played. I recommend this for people who have beaten the game and are looking for more adventures.
  9. krokots
    krokots
    5/5,
    Version: 4.0 git-steam 17
    Best mod. I'll be playing this for days.
    1. sayter
      Author's Response
      *months ..... fixed that for you :)
  10. manelmp66
    manelmp66
    5/5,
    Version: 4.0 git-steam 15
    Amazing!!!
  11. eurynome
    eurynome
    5/5,
    Hello explorers, first sorry for my english ^^ and thank you for this great mod, I started several times in the older versions. But since the last update I have a problem because I can not manufacture advanced processor. I only have the missions "I like it hot" "powdery power" "advanced genetics" mission I can not finish because I need the advanced processor. You have already had the problem there is a solution? Or I missed some thing? In advance thank you, kiss from France.
    1. sayter
      Author's Response
      Yea. Just like always, build the basic items leading up to it first. This has never changed. It unlocks perfectly fine if you don't skip materials.
  12. turdz
    turdz
    5/5,
    did a couple vanilla run thrus and decided it was time for some new content. it's A LOT more content. be warned, it can be confusing and tedious - which is exactly what i wanted - but it may not be your cup of tea if you want instant gratification.
  13. Tickles_McGee
    Tickles_McGee
    4/5,
    I would give this 5 Stars but the inability to have an Aura light makes this mod incredibly annoying. If I could find a way to re enable it, there wouldn't be a problem, but I can't seem to locate the toggle for it in the file so i'm left not being able to use this mod. T-T
    1. sayter
      Author's Response
      or you could use the 1 of over 30 items that add that same lighting that are readily availble in the mod that you can craft, or one of the various lighting items in starbound itself, or lighting augments, or plants that provide light...etc. The light aura is off because it is necessary for gameplay. And incredibly easy to get around.
  14. MoonColony
    MoonColony
    5/5,
    Version: 4.0 git-steam 12
    One of the BEST mods for all of Starbound. Increases the experience and enjoyment by literally more than 200%. Now that I've found this, I can't live without it. Keep it up, Dev!
  15. darth_alex
    darth_alex
    5/5,
  16. JeStErHALLOW
    JeStErHALLOW
    4/5,
    All in all fantastic, though I do have one issue which prevents me from giving it a full five stars, which is the rather extreme mountainous terrain generation on EVERY planet and biome Frackin adds...cause it seems like they're ALL mountanous planets with varying themes and difficulty right now ;u;
    1. sayter
      Author's Response
      your luck simply sucks :) the RNG is screwing you. I have every biome set to use multiple terrain gens. That said, perhaps its time to review them and swap them around now :)
  17. LIVE REACTION
    LIVE REACTION
    5/5,
    Version: 4.0 git-steam 8
    Why are you reading this? Dig into it and see for yourself. This is the type of mod that does so much good to a vanilla game that it becomes synonymous with the game itself.

Hats off to Sayter and everyone he's worked with in bringing this project along and working to keep it up to date.
  18. brelia
    brelia
    3/5,
    Version: 4.0 git-steam 8
    Decent, but unable to progress due to being unable to make a core ingredient, the Advanced Processor.
    1. sayter
      Author's Response
      that's your fault. not the mods fault. Advanced Processor unlocks if you simply create the basic items in the matter assembler, dude. And that happens by playing through the first few FU quests which act as a tutorial for exactly this sort of thing.
  19. Chrispy_0
    Chrispy_0
    3/5,
    Version: 4.0 git-steam7
    While there is plenty to like in this mod, there are many things that will always make it inferior to the vanilla game. While Starbound has a linear and easy to understand crafting system with clearly defined tiers of equipment, monsters, and planets. Frackin Universe does not. It also breaks those progression rules constantly and as a result it breaks the game. For example...
    - Found a Mountain world in my first system on a fresh install, giving no reason to ever leave and explore elsewhere for half of this first playthrough. That difficulty spike did not stop me from basically jumping over the first couple tiers of armor/weapons and going straight to midgame play. I wonder how many systems are like this, and also break progression?
    - that Difficulty, which was made trivial when I realized I could craft Chitin Armor using materials I found on early planets. This I also did on a second play-through, throwing me immediately to midgame play again. At least the weapon progression seemed balanced enough
    - Found 1 Brackentree way at the begining. It grows much faster than other plants. Got 2 seeds, those 2 seeds turned into 5, then 11, then I was netting myself 1,000's of pixels in a matter of minutes, breaking progression again. This isn't even including the masses of silk I was also getting.
    - Stars have no clearly defined tiers Red Star, Blue Star? Dying Star? what does it matter? Progression in the base game is blocked by needing specific EPP upgrades to go different places. With this mod, I can visit almost any star system, no path blocked except for specific planets, which wont matter much anyways unless you really want to craft something to make items too weak for you anyways.
    And I'm not even explaining anything particularly complex here. Everything I just described are rather low hanging fruit. Simply put, this mod is not only for more variety, its like an easy mode was baked in as well.
    One more exceptionally annoying thing was the distribution of modded ores. Since there as many of them as base ores on starting planets, it seems like all you find sometimes are modded ores, which, if you're not cheating an already easy to cheat game, just makes progression difficult instead of easy.
    I give this mod three stars because for all the stuff it adds, most of it is just useless stuff. Players like added stuff, even if they never touch half of it. I call it wasted resources and wasted effort. This mod needs several balance passes before it becomes any good.
    I would give the mod an extra star, because on my second playthrough, I played until I reached my first planet, then installed the mod so the modded star systems were far away from me. This way, the high level things this mod adds makes it feel like it was worth installing. It was much better. The problem is, the bracken trees, the chitin armor, half a dozen other things, and the fact that a large majority of the things in the mod, I didn't even bother using or playing with because I already had gear that was stronger.
    Not to say the mod is all bad. Some of it is good. Some of it is really good. the farming bit is better than the original for example. The flesh ocean planet I found was awesome and disturbing. the number of weapons you could craft was great, and was somewhat balanced too. There are literally hundreds of new items, but do not think for a second any mod deserves a pass and instant praise just because it has a lot of content. that content has to mean something, or its just dead weight that's there for the sake of variety.
    1. sayter
      Author's Response
      most of the issues you complained about have been fixed in the last several updates. The rest we're ironing out as we go. It's a lumbering beast with many parts. This review is rather verbose.
  20. Narfkopp
    Narfkopp
    5/5,
    Version: 4.0 git-steam7
    Excellent and well done mod. Feels like the second half of Starbound.
    Ever since first playing it, I can no longer play SB without it.