1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

FausTech Universal Communicator 1.6.3

Enhanced Chat window w/roleplay aesthetic features

1. Mirau
    [​IMG]

Hey folks, so with 1.0 releasing and all, I had realized that the standard chat is a lot smaller than what I've become used to. I had modded mine way back in beta, however I never released it because I saw there were plenty others. Well I don't see a whole lot available at the moment, so I'm uploading mine.

SOME FEATURES
    • Increases standard height of chat window
    • Increases height of expanded chat window
    • Increases duration of which chat window remains visible
    • Increases the fade out time to make it easier to react before it closes
    • Fancy pants themed interface that makes it easier to read text all around
    • Fun communicator aesthetic helps with immersion (as opposed to the plain ol' chat box from vanilla)
    • 100% Multiplayer Compatible!

To install: just throw her into your ../Starbound/Mods/ directory.
    Also available on the Steam Workshop!

If you like this sorta mod but don't care for the graphic change, Eklei has a great mod that tweaks your chatbox in a similar manner but uses the vanilla style.
    http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/enhanced-chat-readability.4123/

I hope you folks enjoy it. If you have any questions or request just let me know.
    ~Mirau

Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Images

1. ModPic.png

Recent Updates

1. QoL update
  2. 1.3 Patch
  3. Starbound 1.1 Patch

Recent Reviews

1. pandee
    pandee
    5/5,
    Version: 1.4
    Thanks, can see my chat logs better! Plus its pleasing to look at! <3