1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Expanded Weapon Generation 10/31/17

Adds new procedurally-generated weapons and abilities, and modifies existing ones.

1. Predilecta
    Predilecta
    3/5,
    Version: 10/31/17
    Working, but all other Addons Dont Working in 1.3.3
  2. adimetro11
    adimetro11
    4/5,
    Version: 10/31/17
    Holy shit, rocket launchers are op. Not only can them kill many monsters in one hit, enemies using them can kill a player in one hit. I think rocket launchers need a slight nerf in power.
  3. ChronoHyperion
    ChronoHyperion
    5/5,
    Version: 3/2/17
    Your mod looks legit in the video, can you at least update it to 1.3 with new things and fix some issues (if there's any).
  4. Mr.PotatoFlip
    Mr.PotatoFlip
    3/5,
    Version: 3/2/17
    i think this mod mess with the special abilities of the weapons.{ special abilities respond slow i have to hold the right click, mostly in grenade stuff }
    1. Shadow Wolf TJC
      Author's Response
      You would be correct. Not only were existing primary weapon abilities rebalanced to make them more balanced and specialized with the introduction of newer weapon types, but existing secondary abilities were also rebalanced so that they would be balanced alongside primary weapon abilities. (That, and to make them feel a bit more realistic.)

For the grenade launcher secondary ability, for example, although its fire rate was halved, its damage-per-shot was buffed in turn, to the point where it can do some serious damage-per-shot (and it's even been made a bit more energy-efficient). The much longer reload time encourages seeking cover in-between shots, and also greatly reduces chances that you'll run out of energy before firing your next shot on time. (It normally takes about 3.25 seconds for the player to fully recharge all energy when fully depleted.) If rate-of-fire is still an issue, then chances are that your weapon's primary fire mode should still suffice (even if it's, say, a shotgun or semi-automatic rifle). (Personally, I'm not a big fan of overlapping functionalities in weapons, such as sticking a grenade launcher secondary ability on a grenade-launching weapon type.)

Unfortunately, the fact that some weapons and weapon abilities, especially those with a low rate-of-fire, require players to wait for a period of time before they can be fired is most likely due to balance reasons on Chucklefish's part, so that players can't, say, game the system by firing, say, one high-powered rocket launcher, then quickly switching to another high-powered rocket launcher and firing it.
  5. tealsummernights
    tealsummernights
    5/5,
    Version: 10/18/16
    This is my favorite weapon mod by far. The variety it adds is refreshing, and even the mixing and matching of weapon parts is refreshing.