1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Deku from The Legend of Zelda ! 1.04

Play as a Deku in Starbound !

1. Admas17
    Sans titre-2.png Hi all !
    You just found my first mod ever made in any game ;-) !

The Deku mod for Starbound will allow you to play as a Deku from The Legend of Zelda, isn't that cool ? (that's a rethoric question don't answer !)

Features :
    • A new playable race : Deku
    • Customized sounds
    • A deku Stick, let's hit things !
    • Codex and a starting quest
    • A great Deku Tree S.A.I.L !
    • Some jokes that only French could understand in the name generator : P !
    • And a few things for the race to be playable . . .
    For now Deku are using the same ship and same equipments as the Florans, but specific stuff will come soon !

To do :
    • Specific armor and weapon for each tier
    • Deku spaceship !!
    • Deku dungeons and towns
    • A way for the Deku to shoot deku nuts
    • And always more items !

Installation :

You can download the mod just above the screenshot, after downloading open mojo.zip and extract the mojo folder in your own mods folder (Starbound\giraffe_assets\mods).
    You MUST install a mod that extend the main character creation menu, or the race won't appear !

License :

Please notice that Deku are taken from the awesome Zelda saga from Nintendo, and that I used the Mantis mod from Setrilo as a great example for my mod. Deku and deku stick sounds are from Nintendo to.

BTW : my mod folder is called "mojo" because I'm french and in our language, Deku are called "Mojo". Don't worry, they are called Deku in Starbound, mojo is just the folder's name. If you find any bug, weird thing or syntax error, please tell me ! I promise I won't be grumpy ;-) !!

Sans titre-2.png
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Updates

1. Hair update !!
  2. Pleased Giraffe Update fix
  3. littles improvements

Recent Reviews

1. maronilink
    maronilink
    4/5,
    Version: 1.04
    trés coul comme mod vive zelda :)
    1. Admas17
  2. Emerald Selebi & Company
    Emerald Selebi & Company
    5/5,
    Version: 1.02
    First off, HUGE LoZ fan: I'm seeing some good stuff here, always wondered why no one ever attempted any of the LoZ races, because not ALL of them are elves HAHA, I'd wager people below me have covered most of the stuff that could be added. I'd say it would make this mod even more awesome, wishful thinking though, I know it'd take a good scripter for this as well as someone good in sprite animation, but it'd be cool to have working Deku Flowers, There'd probably be one for like a bed or so, but I'm more interested in seeing a Majora's Mask deku flower, one that rockets you into the air *gets a bit gitty* OH the applications I could find to be endless! But again, for that one you'd need a good scripter and animator and I'm not gonna hold my breath on that one I know it's no cake walk. Another thing is being able to spit Deku Nuts cause that was always a signature thing Dekus did, they spit nuts from their nose/mouth. Anywho LOVE to see where this ends at cause it's got me pumped for updates!
    1. Admas17
      Author's Response
      Hi, I'm extremely happy to see another LoZ Fan enjoying my mod ! I wasn't on the development for a while but I'm back, motivated by all of your messages. Deku Nuts spitting is one of the first things I would add in the next release (with more hair, tier 1 armor and maybe a new ship), and I was thinking about a respawn animation using Deku flower, but it could of course become more than that (as you said as a kind of springboard . . .).
  3. Exsistentiam
    Exsistentiam
    5/5,
    Version: (1.01)
    i don't need no sylvari ripoffs (floran) not when i have these amazing little wooden creatures from one of the best game franchises of all time but they need some serious changes like ship the floran ship does not fit them in any way they also require a new pet (just go play some zelda games im sure you'll find a suitable pet quiet easily) add deku pipes if you can and buildimg materials as well as settlements (playing majoras mask should help with those) that about covers it
    1. Admas17
      Author's Response
      Thanks for your encouragement and your ideas, some of them are already work in progress, and will be added gradually. I'm currently working on hair, ship and first tier armors and weapons.
  4. TimeCraked
    TimeCraked
    5/5,
    Version: (1.0)
    Awesome mod!
    Hopefully the Zora Mod and my other project can be as cool as this mod is and will become!
    1. Admas17
      Author's Response
      Thanks ! Hope you'll arrive to release your mod !
  5. Rex Blackbeak
    Rex Blackbeak
    5/5,
    Version: (1.0)
    Well Another Awesome Race Mod 100/10 for you
    1. Admas17
      Author's Response
      Thanks, glad you like it !