1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

CN - Animated Handheld Torches v2.0.5

Torches on the go, anytime, anywhere!

1. ColonolNutty
    Also on Steam, check it out here
    Version 2.0 is here, check down below for the latest features
    Warning! When updating from version 1 to version 2, you'll lose the torches you've crafted (The ones from this mod), so be sure to convert all of them into normal torches before updating!

[​IMG]

What is this mod?

It's animated torches, torches you hold, that are animated. You can place them anywhere you'd like, while holding the precious light in your hands!​

Features
    • One Handed torches (Primary: melee slash, inflicts burn)
    • Two Handed torches (Primary: melee slash, inflicts burn; Secondary: Placement mode)
    How can I get a handheld torch of my own?

Make a normal torch then make a handheld one (both types) from that, all with your bare hands (Who knew, all it took was to pick the torch up with your hands)

Want a tutorial?

To melee, all you gotta do is activate the primary ability, works for both types (Left Click is the default binding)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

To place torches on walls, active the secondary ability to enter placement mode (Only works with the two handed torch, Right Click is the default binding)
    [​IMG]
    Once you're in placement mode, move the torch around to a spot you want it, until it glows green.
    [​IMG]
    Once it's green, activate the secondary ability (Right click is the default binding) again to place the torch.
    [​IMG]
    Once you're done placing the torches how you want them activate the primary ability (swing the torch, Left Click is the default binding) and you'll exit placement mode.

Now that you know how to do it yourself, go crazy
    [​IMG]

I've got an issue!

If you've an issue, be sure to mention it in the discussions tab, you can also navigate to the github repository here and log an issue there​

If you're a survivalist you could also try these mods on for size:

CN Survivalist Mod: Resurrection

Credits:
    ColonolNutty (Me) for this magnificent mod

Known Issues:
    Issue One (If you could call it that): Sometimes when entering placement mode on a spot that is valid for a torch to be placed, it'll place a torch (not much can be done about this, if you want speedy placing).​
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
    Kellora14 and qs820 like this.

Recent Updates

1. v2.0.5
  2. v2.0.4
  3. v2.0.3

Recent Reviews

1. Vuldreg
    Vuldreg
    5/5,
    Version: v2.0.5
    It's amazing details, I was surprised when the flame of the torch went out when i first went into some water, Didn't think such a feature was possible.
  2. Kokito
    Kokito
    4/5,
    Version: v2.0.5
    tb tested. looks promising
  3. gvancamp
    gvancamp
    5/5,
    Version: v1.0.1
    Simply excellent.
    1. ColonolNutty
      Author's Response