1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Celestar Race 0.3.0 Upbeat Overhaul

This mod adds a vibrantly colorful race of extragalactic nomads to the game.

1. Auren
    CelestarTitle.png
    === Celestar Race ===
    - by Auren

This mod adds a vibrantly colorful race of extragalactic nomads to the game.

=== The Celestar Accord ===

Due to increasing unrest aboard the civilian ships, the Grand Augurs hereby declare the dispatch of Heralds into this new region of space to search for a suitable new homeworld for our people.

Heralds are authorized to use whatever means available to them to achieve this goal, however, preference for diplomatic ties to any native species is preferred due to the potential of long-term colonization in this region of space.

=== Origins of the Celestar ===

Eons ago in a faraway galaxy, the Celestar had once held domain over thousands of terrestrial systems. They had technology that would appear almost mythical to other species and knew of sciences that would boggle minds.

But alas, through fate or their own undoing they were forced to flee their worlds aboard a vast fleet of ships. Doomed to travel from galaxy to galaxy, stripping worlds of their resources before moving on.

Now the Celestar have been wandering for so long that they do not even remember what drove their people to the stars, nor where they were even from. With their fleet now decrepit and barely functioning, rumblings have begun of recolonization.

Upon entering a new region of space, the Grand Augurs have deployed what few serviceable scout ships remain to explore these strange new worlds and find a suitable place for their people to call home.

=== Prologue : "A Celestar Journey Begins" ===

Your people have drifted amongst the stars for longer than they are able to remember. Travelling from galaxy to galaxy in a great fleet of ships your people have grown weary of their endless wanderings.

Having been dispatched by the Grand Augurs your ship has finally run out of fuel over an unknown planet. It is here where your search for a new world begins...

=== Additional lore and various images can be found near the bottom after the installation instructions. ===

=== Features ===

- A new playable race with an advanced technological theme.
    - 14 different skin, hair and eye tones. (Red, Orange, Yellow, Chartreuse, Lime, Green, Teal, Cyan, Blue, Purple, Violet, Maroon, Black, White)
    - Introductory codexes giving a short summary on the Celestar.
    - A large number of custom names for the name generator.
    - Custom starting clothing including a Jumpsuit, Civilian Wear, Diplomatic Robes and a Dress Uniform.
    - Custom weapons for all tiers including all melee types, rifles and staffs.
    - Tier 4 and Tier 5 weapons have 3 different additional effects that can be applied on enemies.
    - Custom armors for all tiers and tier branches.
    - Custom designs for all 8 starship tiers.
    - Custom hairstyles.
    - Custom starting weapons (broken versions of the Tier 4 Short Sword and Rifle).
    - A Fabrication wall device that contains recipes for all custom Celestar items.
    - A large number of custom decorative items.
    - A small number of custom block items.

=== In Progress ===

- Food items are being revised and will be reintroduced at a later date.
    - Custom Villager and Guard Spawners (In-game but need more dialogue).
    - Custom respawn animation (currently placeholder).
    - Custom AI (currently placeholder).

=== Future Plans ===

- Custom outposts (towns, dungeons, etc).
    - Custom questlines.
    - More decorative items.
    - Additional codexes to further delve into Celestar lore.

=== Dependencies ===

Xander's Simple Extended Character Creation Mod
    - Or -
    Kawa's Xbawks-Mode Character Creator
    - Or -
    ODABUTSU's Character Creation Mod
    - Or -
    Some other form of Character Creation Menu extender.

- The Celestar race will not show up without one of the above or similar character creation mod. -

=== Installation ===

Extract contents of celestar.rar to your Starbound mod directory (default location -> C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods)

=== Uninstalling ===

Delete the celestar folder from your Starbound mod directory (default location -> C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Starbound\giraffe_storage\mods)

=== Miscellaneous Lore ===
    All Celestar Heralds are granted a field commission by the Celestar Navy and are designated to one of the four Naval Departments based on their appropriate skills.
    • White Trim - Administrative & Command: Celestar of this department show exceptional leadership and organizational skills and are generally seen in fleet commands or managing new colony worlds.
    • Purple Trim - Research & Medical: Celestar of this department are generally skilled in advanced sciences, technology and medical practices.
    • Green Trim - Fabrication & Development: Celestar of this department possess advanced skills in fabrication technologies, both small-scale and industrial, as well as general mechanical and constructive skills and are the backbone of the Celestar recolonization efforts.
    • Orange Trim - Combat & Defense: Celestar of this department specialize in offensive and defensive strategic practices as well as weapons, armor, shield and fortification techniques.
    Please note that Heralds are not necessarily under military service, only that they have received a field commission due to having necessary skills to assist in recolonization efforts.

Celestar Fabricator.gif
    The Celestar Fabricator is an advanced device that reorganizes the atomic structure of any input matter to create various items, objects and technology based on the blueprints contained within its database.

Since the atomic structure of all created matter has been reorganized in some fashion the items the Fabricator produces are all considered synthetic.

Please note that the recipes available in the Fabricator will change a lot and some may disappear in the future to be obtained in a similar manner to their default counterparts.

The spawn weapons are what remains of their Tier 4 (Durasteel) counterparts. However the weapon has been used beyond recovery and no longer functions at peak efficiency.
    All weapons follow a similar tier progression:
    • Tier 1 through 3 weapons are not energy based due to your lack of knowledge in creating old Celestar tech and have to make what you can from standard full-metal weapons.
    • Tier 4 weapons are created from ancient blueprints recovered from your ship's databanks.
    • Tier 5 and 6 weapons posses three different damage types depending on the material they're made from.
    • Aegisalt and Ferozium weapons deal Particle damage and Slow enemies.
    • Rubium and Cerulium weapons deal Plasma damage and Burn enemies.
    • Violium and Impervium weapons deal Dark Matter damage and Paralyze enemies.
    • Staff weapons posses similar effects to the Tier 5 and 6 weapons.
    Please note that the purple quality staff weapon will eventually become a quest reward and no longer be craftable.

All weapons also follow various themes within their weapon class:
    • Axes have a crescent moon and night time theme.
    • Broadswords follow a feather and wing theme.
    • Daggers follow a fire and solar flare theme.
    • Hammers are staffs and have a wind and storm theme.
    • Shortswords follow the classic energy weapon theme.
    • Spears have a star and eclipse theme.
    • Rifles are themed on railguns and black holes.
    • Staves tear open rifts in space-time.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Images

1. Celestar Accelerator Tiers.png
    2. Celestar Armor Tiers.png
    3. Celestar Axe Tiers.png
    4. Celestar Broadsword Tiers.png
    5. Celestar Char Tones.png
    6. Celestar Dagger Tiers.png
    7. Celestar Hammer Tiers.png
    8. Celestar Spear Tiers.png
    9. Celestar Staves.png
    10. Celestar Sword Tiers.png
    11. Celestar Ship Progression.gif

Recent Updates

1. Celestar - Beta Wave
  2. Small Additions
  3. Armor Pt. 1 - Helmets

Recent Reviews

1. Makein
    Makein
    5/5,
    Version: 0.3.0 Upbeat Overhaul
  2. kidthig
    kidthig
    2/5,
    When I downloaded it comes up notepad
  3. MeowTenore
    MeowTenore
    5/5,
    Oh my god, you have no idea how much I just love this. The custom clothes, weapons, ship, EVERYTHING is just so well done! Thanks for the time you took to make this!
  4. ConstructPylons
    ConstructPylons
    5/5,
    I like this race. You've given them a very unique aesthetic and it seems like you've put alot of work into it. I hope you keep up with this mod :D
  5. StarLoverNaz
    StarLoverNaz
    5/5,
    Yay! XD
  6. doofusyay
    doofusyay
    3/5,
    Version: 0.2.6
    it came up w/ the error if a mod is out of date, would be nice to use but it didn't work for me :(
    1. Auren
      Author's Response
      Yeah, sorry. I'm still working on overhauling it for the Upbeat Giraffe update. I have it about 2/3 of the way to a 'playable' state right now.

I guess I should probably put up a notice on the mod page for now until I get it caught up.
  7. Teodor
    Teodor
    5/5,
    Version: 0.2.5
    Add please default( Copper, Silver..) armor
  8. DrFlashGordon
    DrFlashGordon
    5/5,
    Version: 0.2.4
    I LOVE the race but I'm having issues with FCS mod in creating my own ship. It keeps boomeranging the Celestar ship back at me, which is wonderful but laggy. I was just wondering if there's something I'm doing wrong or if the two are just not compatible. Thanks!
    1. Auren
      Author's Response
      Hmm... I'll have to test to see if I can replicate the issue. I'm not sure, but it may require editing the structure file a little though, especially since the Celestar ship is a bit bigger than the default.
  9. specktre
    specktre
    5/5,
    Version: 0.2.1b
    It seems as though another mod was causing the crashes, and I just assumed it was this one. Oops! I guess I should install mods one at a time rather than in bulk. Love the mod.
  10. specktre
    specktre
    5/5,
    Version: 0.2.1b
    I really love the background story, and the design! Though may I request compatibility with Ganondude's species extension?
    1. Auren
      Author's Response
      I'm not sure what would be causing a mod conflict. The mods appear to work when I run them together. Could you message me with the issue it's causing you?