1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Boats! v2.5 Pleased Giraffe

Sail the open seas!

1. Peelz
    BOATS! (and other nautical nonsense)

Thank you for checking out the new and improved Boats!(tm) mod! Read on for the features!
    WHAT IS IT?: It's pretty self-explanatory really; This mod adds more water toys for you to play with! Currently we have two new (relatively speaking) vessels for you to enjoy:

The human boat:
    [​IMG]

This baby's a 'beaut! She sports twin machine guns and a friendly seagull!

The hylotl submarine:
    [​IMG]

Built during the golden age of Hylotl technological advancement, this is truly a collector's dream. She can dive to the depths of the deepest oceans and come back safely! She also comes equipped with plasma cannons and monster-seeking missiles to keep those pesky fish from scratching her paint. (PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST BE UNDERWATER TO USE THE SUB. Also, the "Tech Action 2" key is used to fire the missiles. By default this key is "G")
    TO USE: Just head on over to the outpost and the following NPCs will be happy to assist you:

The ex-con:
    [​IMG]
    He may be a little rough around the edges, but he has a weakness for adventurers like yourself. He also has a weakness for protein.

The Hylotl:
    [​IMG]
    She's a beauty alright, and she's got somethin' you need...

After you complete the tasks that they give you, head to your ship and you will find your techs awaiting you in the "head" slot!

TO INSTALL: Just unzip the download folder and stick it in your mods folder. Piece of cake.

FUTURE PLANS:
    • More BOATS! One for each race, I hope
    • There's a few little nitpicky bugs that I'd like to squash
    CREDITS: Thanks to all the people that have given me nudges in the right direction!

ENJOY! (and please rate!)
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Images

1. humanboatpic.png

Recent Reviews

1. treebear102
    treebear102
    5/5,
    Version: v2.5 Pleased Giraffe
    Its happened! ITS FINALLY HAPPENED! A SHIP MOD FOR STARBOUND! Also, I do have a bit of suggestions, though some might be INSANELY impossible to do. Its some suggestions for the other races ships. For example, I think the Apex ship should be either A: A frickin warship with MISSLEZ! or B: An aircraft carrier, with tiny AI controlled drones that protect the main carrier. As for the Glitch, well, I think it should be a Onyx Watch-esque ship with cannon balls! If youve seen FTD, youd know what Im talking about. As for Floran, I think it could be either A: a plant-ridden raft full of Spears, or B: Similar to their space ship, as they have scavenged parts from other races ships and put them together for a Frankenstein-like ship of nightmares which carrys some of the other races weapons, but have decreased stats from their original counterparts, such as slower firing speed, more energy cost, and decreased damage. The Avian ship, well, I think it might just have to be a smaller pirate ship that has been grounded PERMANENTLY. (Which now that think about it, is kind of symbolic of the avians losing their wings). As for Nova Kids, Im thinking something similar to the Human ship, but more Clock-work or Steam-punk like, and have increased stats (seeing as to how the Nova-Kids are THE masters of marksmanship) . I hope you liked some of these Ideas :D
  2. Spacedino
    Spacedino
    4/5,
    Version: v2.5 Pleased Giraffe
    Pretty neat mod. I tested the hylotl submarine and my
    main suggestion would be to make it go faster, especially
    up and down. Also maybe it could emit some more light.
    1. Peelz
      Author's Response
      Haha, I just increased the speed on it! I guess I didn't increase it enough :D
      Thanks for the review!
  3. bulinean
    bulinean
    3/5,
    Version: v2.0 - Upbeat Giraffe
    more ship
  4. Atendega
    Atendega
    4/5,
    A great mod that makes underwater and above water exploration more fun!
    My main suggestions would be to increase the speed of the sub, as its barely faster than walking, currently. I would also increase the speed of the missiles.
    1. Peelz
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the feedback!
  5. usepo
    usepo
    5/5,
    Great,but do you gonna do it for the other races?
    1. Peelz
      Author's Response
      That's the plan! I would love suggestions as well! Put 'em in the discussion thread associated with this mod. Oh, and thanks for the review! :)
  6. Lokisan
    Lokisan
    5/5,
    Very nice!
  7. Pohany
    Pohany
    5/5,
    Cool!
  8. Darkwarhero
    Darkwarhero
    5/5,
    Version: v1.1 - Enraged Koala
    nice nice
  9. Vuldreg
    Vuldreg
    5/5,
    Version: v1.0 Enraged Koala
    This will be great, Now just need some one to fix Hylotl cities so my Hylotl can finally go find a home amongst his own kind rather then being alone all the time.
  10. Ruban Crusade
    Ruban Crusade
    4/5,
    Version: v1.0 Enraged Koala
    This is an awesome mod and a really good use of the original picture! I'm really impressed that someone actually did this. I think the only thing that could possibly make this cooler would be to have it place a boat where you are if you deactivate over water, so there's actually something to stand on. Don't know if that's possible, but I'd be willing to help make it happen if it is...
    1. Peelz
      Author's Response
      I wish this were possible. Unfortunately, to my knowledge, it isn't.