1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

bk3k's Inventory - Vanilla Character Patch 1.01

It is now possible.

1. bk3k
    This is an alteration for bk3k's Inventory, and therefore REQUIRES it.

If you don't have my 10 tab, category sorting inventory mod already, you can get it here.
    The Steam workshop version can be found here.

Really I think it is better to just skip this patch and use ALL NEW characters so you can have more slots than 40 per tab. You can just put your stuff on a planet/base and have your new character fly there. This patch is an option for people DETERMINED to use their old character, but whom (understandably) aren't comfortable with manual file editing.

IMPORTANT INFO
    It is finally possible to use vanilla characters with my inventory mod. That wasn't previously the case. However with this patch installed all your characters (including those who have more slots) will be limited to a mere 40 slots. I don't recommend this if you have more slots on characters already.

Also the interface will have some extra space because it was made for 60 slots rather than 40. The screen shots are really from using 60 slots.

THIS WILL PERMANENTLY ALTER YOUR OLD VANILLA CHARACTERS
    So no, you can't later uninstall it and still use those characters. Data will be added to your characters to account for the extra tabs, and without this patch (plus the main mod), Starbound's engine will freak out as soon as you try to pick up any item.

So consider this a one way trip. Unless you're comfortable with manually editing character files that is. Or you could back up your \starbound\storage\player\ folder first. It isn't a bad idea. And let me be clear that I don't have a GoG copy to try converting a vanilla character on. So it that's you, back up your characters please.

Compatibility
    • "bk3k's Inventory" - REQUIRED
    • "bk3k's Inventory Reskin" - yes and recommended
    • "Tatsu's Inventory Interface Redone" - no
    • Any other inventory mods - no
    • "Frackin Universe" - yes
    • Any other sort of mod that doesn't outright replace (instead of patch) player.config - yes

Please ask questions or report problems in the discussion tab. That goes for any mod actually. I'll be glad to help you there. Suggestions would also be better placed there.
    The reviews are for rating the mod itself so that other Starbound players might know if the mod is worth their time or not.
    The reviews/ratings don't actually affect me, but please be considerate of your fellow Starbound players by only posting reviews that serve this purpose. Thank you.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Updates

1. Pet healthbar and defense value fix