1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Better Doors Upbeat Giraffe

Adds 2 new sizes to many doors, and you can place them horizontally!

1. Healthire
    BETTER DOORS

This major overhaul of (almost) all doors*in the game will let you place them vertically and horizontally, as well as put them in openings where they would not fit otherwise, without adding any new objects to the game!

*No longer includes almost all doors, since new doors have been added since I made this mod. All the original doors should still work.

Short demo: http://gfycat.com/EachSentimentalArmyworm

[​IMG]

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Download the .zip
    2. Extract the .modpak file into your mods folder (located in your starbound directory)
    3. Done! Now all your doors can be placed in these new directions.

DISCLAIMER

I am only one person so I have not tested every possible scenario. This mod has not broken any existing doors for me, but I cannot guarantee that your game won't explode. As always, install this mod at your own risk. It probably won't break anything though.

KNOWN ISSUES

1. Wire nodes are wonky. They cannot be relocated within the orientations. I might replace them to be less wonky, not sure.
    2. The art sucks for some of the doors when placed at 4 or 6 blocks height. Especially the ones I did last because I got impatient and just wanted to finish.

Recent Updates

1. Fiiile
  2. Upbeat Giraffe update - thanks teihoo
  3. Fix version number, oops

Recent Reviews

1. zergV
    zergV
    5/5,
    Version: Upbeat Giraffe
    Good!!!
  2. GoldenstarArtist
    GoldenstarArtist
    4/5,
    Hope to see this mod update someday.. Love to see comparability to pixel good store too..
  3. MeowTenore
    MeowTenore
    5/5,
    thankies!
  4. Khuur
    Khuur
    5/5,
    Even just having expanded placement options for the original set of doors is very nice.
  5. Cryogeist
    Cryogeist
    4/5,
    Can't for the life of me figure out how I'm supposed to be able to change the orientation of these doors or find anything that tells me how I'd go about doing so. Forgive me if the answer is staring me in the face somewhere already, but nothing I try in-game works, and google doesn't help me figure it out. Is there a keyind or something?
  6. Albussystems
    Albussystems
    4/5,
    Very nice! Well done and works well!
    Sadly i had to replace all "Steel doors" prior to installing the mod, because before i didn't do that and there was a invisible wall in the place where a Steel door was. Destroying the door didn't help either.
    If you install the mod prior to placing doors it works perfectly!
    Thx for this!
  7. Seabhac
    Seabhac
    3/5,
    Good mod but not be all end all in its current form, there are problems with the art assets of the tier doors, specifically they do not place correctly in the base ships and are offset by what looks to be a half of a block space. This and the already known issues sadly could not give a 5 stars, could be easily fixed however.
  8. Hibob42
    Hibob42
    5/5,
    This is easily one of the most useful mods in Starbound. The multiple door sizes and the ability to place doors both horizontally and vertically is great. Its opens up such a huge amount of new design options.
  9. Fungelstein
    Fungelstein
    5/5,
    Version: 2014-06-11
    Great door mod! I enjoy creating little trapdoors into my underground base. :)
  10. Ender32
    Ender32
    5/5,
    Version: 2014-06-11
    Horizontal hinged doors? What is this madness! Great mod by the way.