1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Base In A Box 2.0.12

Deploy instant base modules from placeable objects.

1. Tanks a lot

Pilchenstein
    I've added a liquid storage tank that can be wired up to drains. When powered, it sends a wire signal through its lower output - any drains connected to this will send liquid they collect back to the tank for storage. Once the tank is full, it'll switch the lower ouput off and the upper output on. Power the tank off and on again to reset it.

This required a small change to the base game's "drain.lua" file, so if any other mods have also changed that file, there'll obviously be a conflict -...
    Zlyvr and bk3k like this.
  2. Active blocks

Pilchenstein
    Added a new "Active Block" object - it sticks to background walls and when powered by wire, transforms into a solid block with the appearance of whatever block is behind it.
    jonathonspy and Zlyvr like this.
  3. So many memories

Pilchenstein
    Just a minor update to add a crafting recipe for sticks of RAM because god damn, I get through a lot of those when I'm wiring things up. :V

Also, some backend changes to modules in a box:
    • Cleaned up the regex filter for "number of printers" textbox on the console
    • Clicking the plus button on the console when there's no number entered now sets the number of printers to 1
    • Printers will now abort and show "Protected" error if any of the print area has tile protection
    • Scanners...
    bk3k likes this.
  4. 2.0.9

Pilchenstein
    Custom blueprints should appear in the custom tab only now
    Wiring doodads should also be craftable at the wiring station
    Added "Precise Light Sensor" and "Wiring Relay" objects
  5. 2.0.8

Pilchenstein
    I removed the word "airlock" from the two rail doors because the name didn't fit in the UI properly. Also put those two doors back to drawing behind liquids, since I figure they probably won't be used for the outer door of an airlock.
  6. 2.0.7

Pilchenstein
    As is traditional, I forgot to update player.config with the new recipes, so here's a fix for that :V
  7. 2.0.6

Pilchenstein
    Tweaked the game's various "airlock" doors so that they draw in front of liquids and added versions of the pressurised airlock door & hatch with rails.

A known issue is that trams etc draw behind the rails as they pass through those doors but they're there if anyone wants to use them :)
  8. 2.0.5 - Fix for crashing on startup

Pilchenstein
    This is a quick update to hopefully fix an issue where the game failed to start using 2.0.4 - it seems the steam workshop uploader had corrupted the file. Sorry about that :)
  9. To infinity and beyond! (again)

Pilchenstein
    Well, maybe infinity is a bit ambitious but the scanner & printer now break their operations up much more efficiently, which should allow for much larger areas to be scanned and remove the dreaded "instruction limit" error some people were getting.

Also of note this version is that I cleaned up and fixed the way blueprints are exported to starbound.log and uploaded a tool to help you use this feature more easily, which you can find in it's own thread here:...
    Electro Bro and bk3k like this.
  10. To infinity and beyond!

Pilchenstein
    Well, maybe infinity is a bit ambitious but the scanner & printer now break their operations up much more efficiently, which should allow for much larger areas to be scanned and remove the dreaded "instruction limit" error some people were getting.

Also of note this version is that I cleaned up and fixed the way blueprints are exported to starbound.log and uploaded a tool to help you use this feature more easily, which you can find in it's own thread here:...
    Electro Bro and Zlyvr like this.