1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Automatic Doors 3.9

Makes all doors open and close automatically!

1. lornlynx
    Automatic Doors
    (Starbound Release Version)

Last message: v3.9 -fixed Outpost doors (again. I hope...)

Steam Workshop Version: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=729599895

Description:

Regarding Outpost Doors: The devs have seemingly made automatic opening an innnate feature of the door-code now, but only the Outpost doors have it activated. I tried to backwards-fit the code to our modded doorcode, but the differences are now so great that some things don't work together, which is why Outpost doors may not work. I have decided to rewrite the code using the new door code, as otherwise things will get only messier. I have to add a few featuers that their code is still lacking, and will upload a new clean version once I have it done.

You come home from a hard and hefty farming day, and then there is it. The door. Doesn't it bother you to ever press that E button open it? Fear no more, citizen, for convenience is here!

This mod makes all doors in the game (all that rely onto doors.lua actually) automatic. This means you'll be able to just walk straight forward against a door and it will open and close without your consent!
    Though you should probably be careful when there are monsters at your door, as you will open the door now when you come too close...
    It also open automatically ONLY for players, NPCs still have to use doors manually and monsters still can't open them.
    Though NPCs also close the doors automatically behind them now, which means that you no longer have to worry that monsters might slip into your house! (Though it is not 100% foolproof if a monster stands right next to the door when the NPC opens it)
    Doors should also behave as normal doors when they are locked or wired, wiring a door disables automatic mode while dewiring one enables it again.
    If a door behaves funky after you downloaded a new version, walk through it and away from it once and see that the NPCs do the same, also be sure to reload your game!

In case of issues: If you are getting stuck, like in a mission, you can open the chat and type "/admin" followed by "/settileprotection 0 false". This allows you to destroy blocks. Set it to true again after you got through the faulty door so you don't lose the experience. And report the issue to me :)

It is highly recommended that you use the NPC's Aren't Stupid! mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=731644566
    It revamps NPC AI so they can actually use horizontal doors without getting stuck in a loop. Most issues regarding NPC's can be solved by using this mod!

Should you have ghost doors in your ship, you can use this handy mod to remove them: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=755391531

Customization: With version 3.7 I have added a new way that should ease it for people to change certain values and behaviour, especially adaption of radius for opening doors was often requested. If you want to change these values, either unpack the .pak file from the Starbound mod forums into your Starbound/mods/ folder using the assets_unpacker.exe in Starbound/win_32, or alternatively download the raw unpacked mod files from here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/qd7bdyvzojo2syw/AutomaticDoors_v3.9_raw.zip/file. Be sure to unsubscribe from the Steam workshop version and delete the automaticDoors.pak in the mods folder.
    Then you will find a file called "automaticDoors_default-values.lua" in the now unpacked automaticDoors folder. Open it in a text-editor, and you can find some basic values which you can now change to your likings. Keep in mind that you might need to replace doors for the changes to take effect.

Also if you recognize any bugs, or have any wishes or future ideas, please feel free to report them to me (us rather), I will try to fix them then.

Discuss the mod here: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/automatic-doors.74792/

Credit: bigthanks to healthire for some minor help and especially to bk3k for updating it to 1.0 and greatly updating the code!

Installation:
    Unpack the file to your Starbound/mods/ folder.

Preview:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Our other mods:
    forum_additional_mods.png
    Pipes flow
    bk3k's block and objects
    bk3k's more powerful techs
    Instant Teleport
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Updates

1. 3.9
  2. apex mission door fix
  3. 3.7

Recent Reviews

1. faennia
    faennia
    5/5,
    Version: 3.9
    Pretty nice mod!
  2. OtterSpace
    OtterSpace
    5/5,
    Version: 3.6
    Perfect for a lazy ass like me
  3. BILLY500436
    BILLY500436
    5/5,
    Great for those tedious key presses in your fancy mansion. Only thing I find in this mod to be a little *cheaty* are when some entities just get hit while the door is open and you just take a few steps back. The little buggers would probably say "Woah... Where'd he go...? I'm being assaulted by thin air! Whatever... Back to roaming around!". It is kind of annoying when you are in some area such as the Outpost and there are races running through the door. This is because they shut the door on you and they give you that death stare with the creepy grin while you get smacked in the face by a wall. Then it so happens to open up and you go on about your day and no matter how much you want to, you can't just throw that guy into the abyss of space where he freezes and possibly gets sucked into one of the vacuums of space...
  4. Reyghel
    Reyghel
    5/5,
    It's one of the modes you just tried, it's really very useful and you do not have to be clicking on each door to open and close. I get frustrated for example doing missions of the florals that live in trees and lay like 500 doors. Goodbye to click through door.
  5. Lengey
    Lengey
    5/5,
    My life is better with this mod. Must have, for all players. No objections!
  6. Aqualier
    Aqualier
    5/5,
    I thought it was useLESS but i used it and it is very useful because i am very lazy. Thx
  7. sksig
    sksig
    5/5,
    Works perfect. Great!
  8. Kyonus
    Kyonus
    5/5,
    the mod i needed ^^ , thanks man
  9. Pensive_WolF
    Pensive_WolF