1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Armored Snow Infantry 1.0

Stay warm AND armored

1. DoctorBeard
    A simple mod that adds additional Snow Infantry Armors for each Tier in the game, so it is possible to stay protected from the cold at all Tiers of the game. They unlock with all other recipes for the Tier and can be crafted at an anvil (except for the original Snow Infantry Armor, which remains completely unchanged).

[​IMG]

The different versions of Snow Infantry Armor craft from each other and take half the amount of metal it would take to craft the best armor from that tier. So, to make Steel Snow Armor you'll need the vanilla Snow Infantry Armor set, as well as some Steel, while for the Titanium Snow Armor you'll need the Steel Snow Armor set and some Titanium. This way you can take your Snow Infantry Armor with you all the way to the X-Sector.

The armor values for the Armored Snow Infantry is set at the strongest armor of the last tier, so the while the upgraded Snow Armor will offer better protection, it will still get you killed if you're not careful.

I would love feedback on how the armor feels, so I can adjust the armor values up or down where needed.

All credit for the art goes to Pogothemunty (except for the shitty icon, that's mine)

Since the Download doesn't seem to work reliably, here's a mirror on my Dropbox account:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/531643/ArmoredSnowInfantry_v1.0.zip

To install the mod, simply extract the zip to the mods/ folder in your Starbound folder. Make sure to either start a new character or craft and use your Tier unlock items again to see the new recipes.

Images

1. Preview.png
    2. Promo.png

Recent Reviews

1. TimeTravelinAz
    TimeTravelinAz
    4/5,
    Version: 1.0
    I think the idea a great, and honestly need to be in the base game. Suggestion, make all the armors look different, more than just a recolor. and the helmet does look a bit like a brain right now. Good job an' all that.
  2. Xochi
    Xochi
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    Great use of balance. It is still snow gear and does not replace the better tier gear for planets that do not require cold weather. A great mod that I plan on keeping on my server.

Suggestions: Dye-able and possible helmet sprite changes. However that is just an aesthetic.