1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated 2D Fighter Mod - Way of the Warrior 1.1e

Use fighting game moves!

1. Leonardo Chen
    Leonardo Chen
    3/5,
    Version: 1.1e
    When I use the super hadouken, it ALWAYS crashes ,EVERYTIME.Though it's a good mod :(
  2. nereshadow
    nereshadow
    5/5,
    Really fun
  3. roarger_
    roarger_
    4/5,
    game crashes with ultimate shoduken
  4. Endermaster
    Endermaster
    5/5,
    Awesome mod.But it could be awesomer with a FUS RO DAH!
  5. UnidentifiedSittingPerson
    UnidentifiedSittingPerson
    4/5,
    This tech decimates lower tier planets, but there's an issue with the Shinko-Hadoken that causes it to do nothing but disarm you until you die, the animation won't play unless you use it in the air, This may be because of the Pleased Giraffe update, please fix this when you can.

Thank you and have a good day.
  6. DerunDas
    DerunDas
    4/5,
    Im having a problem to where when i use the special i turn invisible and the "laser" part is just going and doesnt destroy any blocks. If it were to work properly for me id definitely rate a full 5 stars
  7. Evor
    Evor
    5/5,
    This is amazing. I'm not sure how many have tried this mod. But playing a character with no armor/ default armor and only trying to kill using said moves...... Its fun especially when you nail the moves and the person yells either Hadouken! or Shoryuken! Brings back memories. XD HIGHLY! Recommend this mod!
  8. lordglythglyth
    lordglythglyth
    5/5,
    any chance to get a gun version of the super move it be one nice way to make tunnels:P
  9. keetaro
    keetaro
    4/5,
    its great but personally i dont like the voice and find it irritating having to listen to hadoken and shoryuken over and over again and that i get a energy bar floating above my head.
    is it not possible to have it use energy like other tech or just add the new bar under the normal energy bar.
    overall a great mod and well made i just didnt like the hyper bar and the voice.
    1. SuperMandrew
      Author's Response
      You can comment out the play sounds within the tech LUA file, but do keep in mind most fighting games will yell out the movie almost every time. :)

In regards to hiding the bar above your head - I can't move it to under the normal energy bar, but you can hide it by pressing H I believe (if that doesn't work, try G).
  10. QueenMeatwing
    QueenMeatwing
    3/5,
    I do like the designs very much and the idea is very potent, however I believe the contols are very unreliable and I myself find them very hard to understand even when you do get the hang of them. A possible way to 'fix' (I say fix in quotation marks because it's more of a personal issue to me) this could be to just bind the actions to spefic keys much like how you select matter manipulator, wire & paint tool with R, T and Y but obviously change they keys to something like C, V and B? Enough of my ranting, Great mod!
    1. SuperMandrew
      Author's Response
      Sorry, I doubt I'll ever bind the moves to keys, but I also think that there are not enough keys available to bind that techs have access to (I believe they only have access to F,G,H..).

That being said, have you tried turning on easyInput? It should make doing the moves easier as it gets rid of the diagonal moves (down+right, for instance)
  11. Fruzstrated
    Fruzstrated
    2/5,
    Looks cool, but almost imposible to use.
    Im donig the key presses correctly and it only works 10% of the time.
    1. SuperMandrew
      Author's Response
      You're probably not doing the key presses correctly. Check the main overview post again and watch the correct way (if you have easyInput off). When the move has been input properly, you'll notice your character's hands become empty and have no tools shown. That means all that's left is a click to execute the move. Feel free to post in the discussion thread if you need more assistance.
  12. HyperSniper111
    HyperSniper111
    5/5,
    This is a really cool mod...sadly the download doesnt work, it freezes even though my internet is fine. Plz change download
    1. SuperMandrew
  13. trailblazer57
    trailblazer57
    5/5,
    Finnally updted and it seems that the inputs are even easier and yet still have that 2d fighter feel. %/% all the way! I'd give it a 10/5 if i can get a sakura voiced tech :P.
    But seriously a great mod that does exactly what it says and is a fun diversion from the normal techs for your inner Street warrior.
  14. xXxenoX9x™
    xXxenoX9x™
    2/5,
    Yeah cool, now with my old characters I can't have this tech, thanks.
    1. SuperMandrew
      Author's Response
      Uhh what? Assuming you're playing single player, just type "/admin", then type:

/aiaction {"action" : "showTech", "techName" : "wayofthewarriorTech"}

And you can get it on old characters too.
  15. errmoop0
    errmoop0
    5/5,
    Quality mod!
  16. Daguza
    Daguza
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1d
    TOO COOL!!!
  17. Sgt.Novo
    Sgt.Novo
    5/5,
    Nice! :D
  18. Hoperealm
    Hoperealm
    5/5,
    Just Awesome
  19. juliopeludo
    juliopeludo
    5/5,
    This mod is freaking awesome! I love it! if I could suggest though one way to make it more awesome would be to either tier the attacks or increase the damage. I read that you plan on doing that for the future, just thought I'd add it in anyway. I'm cruising around on tier 10 planets and would like to just the giant laser beam and take down armies of npcs and all that good stuff. other than that its super fun and great!
  20. Thaurrus
    Thaurrus
    5/5,
    This is a very fun mod! the button execution is pretty tight, and it works fully in multiplayer. If you, your server, and your friends all have the mod installed atleast ;D