Comments on Profile Post by Garneac

1. Strife
    Strife
    Work. I thought no one has noticed.
    Apr 25, 2013
  2. Garneac
    Garneac
    Course I noticed. Don't say such silly stuff. =)

And I spit on work. (Though money is always neat to have.)

Don't forget to breathe!
    Apr 25, 2013
  3. Strife
    Strife
    Breathing is overrated. So is sleep, apparently. And a social life ... and friends :(
    Apr 26, 2013
  4. Garneac
    Garneac
    Yeah. Work is a fucker like that. Wreaked havoc on everything last year for me. Barely got to see anyone at all. >_<

Sleep IS overrated—right up until the moment you start seeing shadow bugs skittering across your vision. Then it's time to crash for a day (or two).

Hang in there, though! Chin up and all that. (I've always wondered: doesn't raising your chin only make it easier for life to get in a fierce jab?)
    Apr 26, 2013
  5. Garneac
    Garneac
    And how goes your writing? I know you were working on a story that dealt with the perception—or mispercption—of time. Get any progress with that one?
    Apr 26, 2013
  6. Strife
    Strife
    Gave up on writing, I'm really bad at it - everyone agreed.
    Apr 26, 2013
  7. Garneac
    Garneac
    Who is everyone? And why the fuck should they matter?

I figured writing was something you really enjoyed.
    Apr 26, 2013
  8. Strife
    Strife
    Used to enjoy. Unfortunately, I need motivation to write (or do anything), and that motivation is gained when people enjoy what I do. People hate what I do and tell me I'm terrible at it ... so I have no motivation and then don't do it.
    Apr 26, 2013
  9. Garneac
    Garneac
    Rubbish. Plain and simple.

I seriously doubt your writing is as bad as any of them make it out to be; also, fuck those people.

It also helps to get a different perspective. Try posting in the forums, see if you get a different take on your work(s).
    Apr 26, 2013
  10. Garneac
    Garneac
    Write first for yourself, above anyone else. Otherwise, you're in for a world of hurt. That said, there is a difference between enjoying writing and being good at it, but I believe you fit in both category. So there.
    Apr 26, 2013
  11. Strife
    Strife
    I've tried many forums. Many, many forums ... and writing sites, and various other things. As I said previously, for me to enjoy writing, others must enjoy what I write. Since my writing is crap, they don't enjoy it, and since they don't enjoy it I don't enjoy writing. I can accept being crap, the truth only hurts if you let it. People have been telling me I'm bad all my life, so it must be true.
    Apr 26, 2013
  12. Mercenary Lord
    Mercenary Lord
    What fuckery is this your writing is better than 70% of humanity's
    May 7, 2013
  13. Strife
    Strife
    You two are part of the like three that don't call everything I write garbage. Although I don't think either of you have seen my writing ... either that, or I should you my writing and my memory is just crap.
    May 7, 2013
  14. Mercenary Lord
    Mercenary Lord
    I've seen your writing. It is literally better than 70% of the stuff I've found online.

Show me who these assholes are. I will wipe them out.
    May 7, 2013
  15. Strife
    Strife
    D: It's really hard to show you the entire world.
    May 7, 2013
  16. Mercenary Lord
    Mercenary Lord
    Show me a sample.
    May 7, 2013
  17. Garneac
    Garneac
    The fuck I tell you about this moping shit, Strife?

Fuck 'em. Fuck. Them. All. :D
    May 7, 2013
  18. Garneac
    Garneac
    I haven't actually seen any of Strife's writing beyond his work on Vector Squared. But from the time he spoke about writing in the writing assistance thread, and from his general command of the English language in his posts around the forum, I took it as a foregone conclusion that he'd be similarly skilled in writing a story.
    May 7, 2013
  19. Strife
    Strife
    I could always link you to some of my trash, so you can see for yourself how bad it is ...
    May 8, 2013
  20. Mercenary Lord
    Mercenary Lord
    Yes please.
    May 8, 2013
  21. Garneac
    Garneac
    You know, Strife... If your work turns out to be good (yes, I know, good is a very subjective descriptor; so sue me) then I'll be kind of pissed at all your self-hate, so far as your writing is concerned. :D
    May 8, 2013