Comments on Profile Post by Lambientan

1. MilkCalf
    MilkCalf
    Wise words. Some Christians said that Atheists (like me) are miserable and don't have anything to live for. I of course quietly took offense to that.
    Mar 31, 2017
    Jimlad 42 likes this.
  2. Jimlad 42
    Jimlad 42
    I can see why you take offense, it's a superiority complex. "I can't understand it, you don't have a reason like I have one, how can you stand not having what I have?" while not quite getting that you can still have a reason, it will just be a different one.
    Mar 31, 2017
    MilkCalf likes this.
  3. Jimlad 42
    Jimlad 42
    Similarly, it's worth noting that Christians can also be offended for similar reasons, personally I take offense at people looking down on the idea of creationism, there's evidence for both sides; I don't feel offended if you disagree, but looking down on us?
    In short, avoid looking down on people with other ideas.
    Mar 31, 2017
    MilkCalf likes this.
  4. MilkCalf
    MilkCalf
    Lol yeah. I myself have seen more dumb Christians acting that way. They are beliefs, not facts for crying out loud.
    Mar 31, 2017
    Jimlad 42 likes this.
  5. Jimlad 42
    Jimlad 42
    (I feel a bit looked down and generalized on now... And I think I mentioned there's evidence FOR both sides, not just one...)
    Mar 31, 2017
  6. MilkCalf
    MilkCalf
    I said "dumb Christians" but I did not nean that they are dumb vecause they are Christians but rather that those particular ones where dumb.
    Recently I saw I guy who advertised Christianity...
    Mar 31, 2017
    Jimlad 42 likes this.
  7. MilkCalf
    MilkCalf
    ...on a game topic without it having anything to do with the topic. A Person that 100% believe in a thing that's in an old book, think they logically cannot be wrong and ask me to disprove Christianity is annoying. Not making this up
    Mar 31, 2017
    Jimlad 42 likes this.
  8. Jimlad 42
    Jimlad 42
    Okay, my bad. Sorry about that. And, yeah, I can agree with your assessment on that guy.
    "There's a time and place for everything, but not now."
    Mar 31, 2017
    MilkCalf likes this.
  9. Quilavabom
    Quilavabom
    From the viewpoint of Christians, Atheists have nothing to live for (read: miserable) because Atheists believe death is the end. Anything done in life is ultimately forgotten to time. Christians believe they have continuity (life) after death with their eternal God, who decides what is meaningful. It's solid logic within the framework of their beliefs.
    Mar 31, 2017
    MilkCalf and Jimlad 42 like this.
  10. Quilavabom
    Quilavabom
    Also, Lambientan, I am SO sorry this sort of thing had to be the first thing to show up on your profile XD
    Mar 31, 2017
    MilkCalf and Jimlad 42 like this.
  11. Jimlad 42
    Jimlad 42
    I checked to make sure it wasn't like his first post, but yeah I likely wouldn't have posted if I'd noticed that he'd joined just a couple weeks ago...
    Mar 31, 2017
    MilkCalf likes this.