Comments on Profile Post by Arra

1. Nibolas O Anelbozas
    Nibolas O Anelbozas
    Nopety nope no no!!
    I would also like it, mainly for the new zelda, and maybe splatoon, but with the whole paying to play online i'm not sure
    Feb 22, 2017
  2. Xylia
    Xylia
    The whole online thing is what turns me off about consoles in general. That, and the consoles don't really offer me much, outside of a few exclusive games. That, and Nintendo lately has lost a lot of respect with their various antics in the last few years.
    Feb 22, 2017
  3. MilkCalf
    MilkCalf
    I'm not getting any current gen consoles. PS4 and Xboxsomething don't seem to be big advances and Switch... well, it's a glorified tech demo to be honest. I mean, yeah it's great that they are being innovative but showing completely unseen and untested products at us isn't a good idea. Also Nintendo.
    Feb 22, 2017
  4. Xylia
    Xylia
    Xbox and PS are just PCs in a fancy box. They use pretty much the same hardware as a PC (only, obsolete hardware), except for the proprietary mobo and the BIOS/OS. Everything a console can do, a PC can do better.
    Feb 22, 2017
  5. Xylia
    Xylia
    And before anybody comments about pricing... you can make a $250 gaming PC. Go check out ReviewTechUSA's youtube channel, he did exactly that and shows benchmarks. It will beat both XB1 and PS4 hands-down and is *cheaper*.
    Feb 22, 2017
  6. Xylia
    Xylia
    And as for Nintendo, well... again. They like to show off their toys, they are hostile to gamers, and now they're trying to dip their fingers in the smelly crap pie of Online Required, and also Paid Online Subscriptions.
    Feb 22, 2017
  7. Firebird Zoom
    Firebird Zoom
    No, I want to get one too.
    Feb 22, 2017
    themushroomlord and Arra like this.
  8. Ren Fox
    Ren Fox
    I think it's a shame that Nintendo is doing the pay online thing. PS started it, XBox followed. And the thing is filled with so many gimmicks! Distance pointer? Attachable and removable controllers? A tablet and console in one?
    But I want it!
    Feb 25, 2017
  9. Ren Fox
    Ren Fox
    At the moment, it's cheaper than Wii U's launch price, and considering all the traveling my friends and I do, it's a good idea.
    And gimmicks are gimmicks. Developers can do all the amazing things they think of. Sure, sometimes they are completely ignored, but think of all the things you Could do.
    Feb 25, 2017
  10. Xylia
    Xylia
    The only way that we can stop this "online required" junk is to refuse to buy it. But sadly, you got too many people in the world who go "oo shiny!" and buy it anyways. They complain about the always online thing, but they'll buy it anyways. Just like the people who complain about Day One DLC, but they don't have enough self-control to say NO to the game.
    Feb 25, 2017
  11. Xylia
    Xylia
    This is what Nintendo and other developers count on. Not enough people who are firm enough in their convictions to actually put their foot down, to make No actually mean No. Well, I'm not one of those people. When I say no, I actually mean no. I've skipped some games in the past because of DLC BS, and I didn't touch XB1, or PS3-4, etc.
    Feb 25, 2017
  12. Xylia
    Xylia
    I didn't care WHAT games or gimmicks these machines had. No means No. More people need to do this, to teach these companies to STOP screwing over gamers. But people who willingly bend over have no right to complain when they DO end up getting screwed by the Triple A companies.
    Feb 25, 2017
  13. MilkCalf
    MilkCalf
    You are right. I admit to being one to buy those kinds of games when they are REALLY my thing. Sorry, but I love For Honor, even with Ubisofts inability to make their net code better. But on the other hand if oeople aren't gonna protest why protest and lose out on good games? I know that that's the reason they get away with it but I do it becaue others would do it wether I do it or nor.
    Feb 25, 2017
  14. Xylia
    Xylia
    That whole "if nobody else does it then it is useless for me to do it" is the whole point, lol. And yes, I have a boycott on Ubisoft and EA both. I won't touch either's games. Not because of netcode, but because of their hostile practices towards gamers and how they've ruined IPs in the past, especially EA.
    Feb 25, 2017
  15. Xylia
    Xylia
    And of course, EA refusing to sell games on Steam and coming up with their terrible Steam clone didn't help them any. And of course all the other crap these two do. And Nintendo might be joining the boycott list here pretty soon.
    Feb 25, 2017
  16. Xylia
    Xylia
    Do I lose out on games? Sure. But you know what, there's enough games out there that I can play instead, especially on the Indie scene. People who DON'T screw us over.
    Feb 25, 2017
  17. MilkCalf
    MilkCalf
    Just to clarify, I fully get the 'if no body else' paradox and that's why I'm part of the paradox. If everyone thinks that everyone else thinks that they won't make a difference then they will think that way and even if I did break the paradox no one lse would do it. So it's like a twofold paradox.
    Feb 25, 2017
  18. Jake9039
    Jake9039
    Somebody here at school has one, and I want one so bad!
    Mar 7, 2017