Comments on Profile Post by MilkCalf

1. HunterC1998
    HunterC1998
    What happened?
    Jan 4, 2017
    Firebird Zoom likes this.
  2. MilkCalf
    MilkCalf
    I said to an online friend that I would buy a game for myself, them and 2 others but there came a few delays. As it turned out, unrelated to the delays, in the end I couldn't buy it. (Cont.)
    Jan 4, 2017
    Firebird Zoom and HunterC1998 like this.
  3. MilkCalf
    MilkCalf
    So now the friend tells me that they expected that to happen and quiltrips me telling me how I broke my promise. And it's not like that's the first time they did that as the times the delays happened my friend was more than eager to remind me how I had promised to buy it. (More cont.)
    Jan 4, 2017
  4. MilkCalf
    MilkCalf
    I'm kinda grumpy over this so I might not be thinking clearly though, but I don't think it's a huge offense to take back the promise of spending nearly 40€ on a friend.
    Jan 4, 2017
  5. HunterC1998
    HunterC1998
    Well he seems to be trying to take advantage of you..
    Jan 4, 2017
  6. MilkCalf
    MilkCalf
    Nah that's not the case
    Jan 4, 2017
  7. HunterC1998
    HunterC1998
    Well he sure has no problem guilttripping you to hell and back..
    Jan 4, 2017
  8. Charlatan
    Charlatan
    As someone who has been called a liar and fraud, and *actually* successfully lied and cheated so many times that I willingly chose the nickname "Charlatan" I can tell you, you might want to reconsider what HunterC1998 said.... he has a point.

A real friend would never even think of turning against you for a mere 40€.

I am aware my introduction to this post was hardly trustworthy.
    (cont)
    Jan 5, 2017
  9. Charlatan
    Charlatan
    Firstly, the fault obviously lies with how your pal ignores that buying a game for *3* friends outweighs any personal anger. Often, another's insult is not your fault, but their stupidity.

Secondly if you want to spot deceit and shady matters, the best to consult are not the honest people, but those who do the same themselves, like me.

That being said, even I wouldn't betray a trusted friend no matter what...
    Jan 5, 2017
  10. Parrotte
    Parrotte
    If you have a proper reason for why you couldn't buy it for 3 people in the end and he's still calling you a liar because you can't buy it for him specifically then he's a fraktard of epic proportions who doesn't deserve it in the first place. I wholeheartedly agree with Hunter and Charlatan here.
    Jan 5, 2017
  11. MilkCalf
    MilkCalf
    I apreciate what you're all saying but he's not a liar that's for sure. He just has this way of placing himself above people as a sort of a mentor and saying how ashamed he is. He acts so dismissively that I sometimes think he's being passive agressive. He's the kind of person who I either wiew as the best person on earth or the worst.
    Jan 5, 2017
  12. Parrotte
    Parrotte
    Sooooo he thinks he's better than the rest, is what I'm getting from this? Then he might not be a liar but still an idiot.
    Jan 5, 2017
  13. MilkCalf
    MilkCalf
    He is smart and experiences so I guess he is above your average Jo in those regards but not in every regard. I'd also argue that while I lack some of his experience I'm smart and have my own ways of doing things.
    Jan 5, 2017
  14. Charlatan
    Charlatan
    Everybody lies in some way, either to others or themselves. This sounds like the latter case

Not saying its bad, arrogance can be very much deserved, but there are always flaws left, especially the lack of being humble
    If someone is gifted (experienced, smart, etc.) there usually are bad traits to balance it out

In any case, I perfectly understand it can be hard, but try to ignore that insult your friend made
    Jan 5, 2017
    Firebird Zoom and MilkCalf like this.
  15. MilkCalf
    MilkCalf
    I'm trying to forget but it's hard for me. As I've said many times, I'm not good at this social stuff and I'm just glad he still cares calling me a friend. When we aren't arguing I have a lot of fun with him.
    Jan 5, 2017
    Firebird Zoom and Charlatan like this.
  16. Charlatan
    Charlatan
    Oh well, a friendship that is *worth* the arguing, is equally worth more than other friendships, no?

I'm quite sure you have nothing to worry about. In the case of being bad at social matters, I think I can sympathize quite well.

Depending on how old / experienced / tolerant your pal is, simply, openly saying what the problem is, even if its embarrassing, can work wonders.
    Jan 5, 2017
    Firebird Zoom and MilkCalf like this.
  17. HunterC1998
    HunterC1998
    It all boils down that he is your friend not ours, I wouldn't treat any friend of mine like that and wouldn't want a friend like that, but if that isn't his personality and is a good guy past that, I won't try to convince you otherwise.
    Jan 5, 2017