Comments on Profile Post by DustyScabbard

1. DustyScabbard
    DustyScabbard
    I know this won't matter to those who don't know, but the character I play in Starbound has gone through many different lives, some attributed to character wipes, while others changes in playstyle, or even just new updates to the game. With 1.0 and the new story that it involves, I was thinking about how Dusty would be portrayed this time around. And so, here's what I've thought of.
    Jul 28, 2016
    Firebird Zoom likes this.
  2. HunterC1998
    HunterC1998
    Very detailed I guess....I APPROVE!
    Jul 28, 2016
  3. DustyScabbard
    DustyScabbard
    It begins with the Ruin and the Caregiver, with the limited knowledge I have of the two thanks to not yet completing Starbound's story. I believe that the Caregiver created a universe very similar to the one now, the one before 1.0, where all of the Dustys lived and dealt with their trials and what happened with the Tentacomet and Earth.
    Jul 28, 2016
  4. DustyScabbard
    DustyScabbard
    The Tentacomet turned out to be too powerful and destructive for the Caregiver, and thus, he destroyed the old one, and created the new one, the one of 1.0. But the memory of the Tentacomet still existed, and so the Ruin was born out of this thought. To make sure that he need not start over again, the Caregiver sealed it away, just like the story says.
    Jul 28, 2016
  5. HunterC1998
    HunterC1998
    This oughta be a story..it's has potential.
    Jul 28, 2016
  6. DustyScabbard
    DustyScabbard
    Thus comes along the new Dusty Oswald, looking just like the rest, although thinking and acting differently. And with this idea that the memories of the past universe still lingering on, I feel like part of his journey involves finding things that the past Dustys owned or treasured, in an attempt to find out more about himself and his past.
    Jul 28, 2016
  7. DustyScabbard
    DustyScabbard
    So that's pretty much my idea of what's going on, at least with my game, and this iteration of Dusty. Don't think anyone would really care to know, but I thought I should put this somewhere.
    Jul 28, 2016
  8. HunterC1998
    HunterC1998
    Honestly sounds awesome!
    Jul 28, 2016
  9. DustyScabbard
    DustyScabbard
    It's just one guy's story about how is Starbound world works. Nothing special, to be honest.
    Jul 28, 2016
    Firebird Zoom and HunterC1998 like this.
  10. HunterC1998
    HunterC1998
    Sure sounds special to me.
    Jul 29, 2016